Infusions

Golden Ace

Re: Infusions

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 am

Interesting thought. So we have a normal buff (Accuracy, damage, defense, resistance, break free, etc.) with a speed increase for flights or runnin maybe a height increase for jumping Built with found salvage.

I have nothing against it. It’s a unique twist. I think that the higher level of the infusion the longer the duration and the larger the boost.

What else could be added?

The ability to see invisible? The ability to be invincible? How about Disguise? fool the enemy so they stop attacking you for X amount of time unless you attack first?

Play dead?

Running out of ideas. Anyone?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:55 pm

You ACE are personally going to cause us all " Crafters " to have to work over time coming up with all the infusions to put on the market ... we wont have time to go out and product test the creation ... Thanks a lot ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 am

You ACE are personally going to cause us all " Crafters " to have to work over time coming up with all the infusions to put on the market ... we wont have time to go out and product test the creation ... Thanks a lot ...
But we will really appreciate your work - promised :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 pm

I confirmed that standard infusions have been coded to drop from combat, randomly. But we have not tested this code yet. That's actually good news...something we can show off in Q1, assuming it either works right off, or is bug-fixed in short order.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I certainly wasn't expecting any of those features for launch, just curious if you were open to the idea :)

List of possible "bonuses":
- Run/jump/fly speed
- Range/cone/AoE increase
- Knockback/knockdown increase
- Knockback/knockdown resistance
- Momentary Invulnerability/Unkillable*
- Brief Increased Health Regen
- Brief Reduced Stamina Cost
- Increased Perception (see stealth)
- Added Damage-over-Time effect to attacks

*Unkillable is different from invulnerable - you can still take damage, be CC'd, etc. but your health cannot drop below 1. Not as powerful, but still useful when well-timed and could last longer because of the reduced power.

At this point, infusions are basically one-use temporary powers, which you've already mentioned would be player-craftable. I have no idea of your code base, but I'm wondering if there's some possible re-use there :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm

I certainly wasn't expecting any of those features for launch, just curious if you were open to the idea :)

List of possible "bonuses":
- Run/jump/fly speed
- Range/cone/AoE increase
- Knockback/knockdown increase
- Knockback/knockdown resistance
- Momentary Invulnerability/Unkillable*
- Brief Increased Health Regen
- Brief Reduced Stamina Cost
- Increased Perception (see stealth)
- Added Damage-over-Time effect to attacks

*Unkillable is different from invulnerable - you can still take damage, be CC'd, etc. but your health cannot drop below 1. Not as powerful, but still useful when well-timed and could last longer because of the reduced power.

At this point, infusions are basically one-use temporary powers, which you've already mentioned would be player-craftable. I have no idea of your code base, but I'm wondering if there's some possible re-use there :P

Awesome. I love these. thank you for putting them together. I had some creative constipation and couldn't think of anything else while knowing there were other craftable ideas out there.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Just one more, of the many reasons I donated. 👍👍😉
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 am

maybe following

- enhanced senses (make you get min damage and make max damage because you react faster)
- X-Ray (makes you able to see enemies hidden behind something - ok thats tricky I know ;) )
- super metabolism (makes you see in such manner that everything seems slow motion :) )
- psychic awareness (makes you impossible to be hit or immobilized in any manner)

just a few fast ones - will think it through in time ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 am

Now I feel a little let down...we have the first round of infusions working in game. We're thinking about adding a quick stop at the infusion vendor to the next video. But we have not coded all of these cool new ideas...I think we have 6-7 infusions working right now.

But I have to say that seeing a character buy some infusions, and then click one, and have her stats increased...it really brought me back to the old days. I love this mechanic.

You'll see what I mean when this comes out. It's sort of like having NPCs, or cars, or day/ night. It sounds nice until you see it happening and then you think -- that is so cool. I want that.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:26 am

I look forward to seeing your next video. But first, make sure to enjoy your holidays! I know how it feels to try to relax and think of something else, only to be swamped with revelations about how to improve the software. Feature creep is real, look what it's done to your fellow Successors. As long as you make it obvious that the game is built for unlimited expansion, it is OK to start with the fundamentals and expand over time. Hopefully you have years of expansions ahead even after release. Some of the more advanced ideas in this thread should probably be crafting-only anyway.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 am

Nice

Six or seven? Hmmm

So the six or seven infusions does that include all the tiers that go with it? Small, medium, large & Super?

Have you figured out the scale increase for each separate tier?

So I am thinking

Increase damage
Increase defense
Increase resistance
Increase accuracy
Breakfree
The necromancy infusion that brings the dead back to life.
That’s 6...

So of course the obvious choice of the seventh one would be to make all Golden characters sparkle and shine in their Golden glow Making them the envy of everyone around them. Technically we already are the envy of everyone around us but with this new golden infusion we just sparkle and glow just a bit more. Hmmm. That might actually work As a taunt effect too.

Yep. I think I nailed them all.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:12 am

It already works as a taunt, Ace!
And on that note, "Increase taunt" and "decrease taunt" are definitely infusions I'd like to be able to make once the Applied Phlebotinum Labs open. Or whatever the crafting center will be called in this game. (I suppose Phlebotinum may be copyrighted, but it would fit with the Unobtainium and perhaps a crash course in applied Minovsky physics...)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:34 am

I really do like the increase and decrease taunt idea.

The question is how long would it last? Hopefully long enough for a devistator to get their most powerful attacks out.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:44 am

LOL, there may be a Freudian slip going on. You neglected to mention any hit point or energy infusions on your list. If you are thinking that the golden sparkles prevent your character from taking damage, that might explain it. :)

Itlandm, you are right on the money. We're building a game that is really fun to play, and can be vastly expanded. That's the only way to get a new MMO built on a tiny budget these days. And doing it this way has another huge advantage -- we can showcase features and elements as we go, and get feedback from the community. This means some of the surprise will be gone when we go to Beta launch the game, but it also means a number of problems and flaws will have been changed, or at least explained, to the community, before launch.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:04 am

/Face palm

Okay so we add
Health and end replenishment... hmmm. That means I need to drop two from my list...

OK going to drop the necromancy infusion and the breakfree infusion. Mostly because tanks don’t die and we never have to use Breakfrees.

And thank you for the confirmation that you are working hard on the golden infusion. The sparkles do indeed prevent damage from being taken

Return to “What's Cooking”