Infusions

Consultant

Infusions

Postby Consultant » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 am

I thought I would add an observation about the newsletter from yesterday on FPS. There are several screengrabs with the UI that show FPS as measured by the Unreal Engine utilities.

Was anyone wondering what the small change was, with the three-box item in the lower right, marked F1, F2, and F3?

That, my friends, was the placeholder (and it works) for the inventory for infusions. Infusions drop randomly onto characters as a result of combat and provide temporary power-ups to damage, health, defense, or other stats. If you are thinking that this is similar to inspirations in COH, then you are quite correct. but of course, many games have potions or something to provide temporary stat boosts.

We have a new, very skilled coder working on this game mechanic, and progress is visible. Everything is not completed yet, but the tray and the working of the tray are operational right now. We thought you'd like to know. :)

Golden Ace

Re: Infusions

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:49 am

Thank you
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

gemini

Postby gemini » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am

sorry, was too busy oogling the rest of the game to notice the interface upgrades ;)

Very cool to hear.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:34 am

Also, we are planning for the top level infusions to be craftable and tradeable. So a character could go into a special fight with special consumables, if desired.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:15 am

Will the infusions be tiered like in CoH i.e. small, medium, large, extra large?

Craftable as in I can combine 2 small of the same type into a medium of the same type? 2 mediums into a large then large into an extra large?

Or something more as in I can take a extra large accuracy and damage into a special infusion? Or 3 different infusions of the same size into a special with three abilities of similar size?

Or even further be able to build infusions with salvage? That all the above ?

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Golden Ace you said …
Will the infusions be tiered like in CoH i.e. small, medium, large, extra large?
Craftable as in I can combine 2 small of the same type into a medium of the same type? 2 mediums into a large then large into an extra large?
Or something more as in I can take a extra large accuracy and damage into a special infusion? Or 3 different infusions of the same size into a special with three abilities of similar size?
Or even further be able to build infusions with salvage? That all the above ?
Im going to go out on a limb … and say your idea is good ... but should be made a little harder to obtain not that 3 small made into 1 medium is not bad suggestion … I would like to see a extra component … say a trash drop that is obtained after a fight ...be added into the crafting a small infusions into a midium ... just to kept the crafting in the meanmingful effort region ...

call me controversial but if its to easy then it looses its value...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Right now we are thinking three smalls can be combined into a medium.

But we're talking about making some infusions dual purpose...perhaps damage and resistance, for example. In a small size, each dual would give less of a boost of each, but it might be a good mix for certain builds...

The best of all kinds would be crafted and hopefully easily purchased in the auction house if one does not want to bother with crafting.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Right now we are thinking three smalls can be combined into a medium.

But we're talking about making some infusions dual purpose...perhaps damage and resistance, for example. In a small size, each dual would give less of a boost of each, but it might be a good mix for certain builds...

The best of all kinds would be crafted and hopefully easily purchased in the auction house if one does not want to bother with crafting.

Sounds like a nice way to make some extra dust for me.

Thank you.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Golden Ace you said ...
Sounds like a nice way to make some extra dust for me. Thank you.
That is what Im talking bout ... crafting is the bomb
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:04 am

yep crafting definitely is fun :)

and it also sounds like a great thing.

Maybe some abilities give you the knowledge to craft faster? (since when you working in the chemical industry you might be better in putting stuff together?

another thought about the getting small ones into medium into large into extra large
- I don´t mind having a three to one system but if some would like to have it a little bit more sophisticated, how about that idea: the three to one works only until large and then you need another component to make an extra large like a fluid which makes the stuff holding together though it normally wouldn´t anymore in that quantity or a special bottle (which would be needed while crafting together with the ingredients to complete the process) to hold the extra large version?

Oh and of course thank you again for your updates Consultant :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 am

You are most welcome. :)

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:44 pm

This brought a big smile to my face. :)
New coder, if you're reading this: THANKS!
I look forward to using it, a lot!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 am

Are you thinking of sticking to the "basic" boosts, like damage, accuracy, etc.? Or maybe have the highest tiers provide other boosts, like small amounts run speed, or cooldown reduction? Being able to add small "extra" effects to what you craft would be an excellent reason to use player-made infusions.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:58 am

Well, we like to involve the community with gameplay elements, so we'll launch with standard infusions that can be purchased inexpensively, and then allow much more interesting combos when we add crafting, which will not be at launch (we think).

Run speed? That's an idea we've never discussed. But we can.

Maybe we should throw this topic open and let people give their thoughts on it?

gemini

Postby gemini » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 am

Well, we like to involve the community with gameplay elements, so we'll launch with standard infusions that can be purchased inexpensively, and then allow much more interesting combos when we add crafting, which will not be at launch (we think).

Run speed? That's an idea we've never discussed. But we can.

Maybe we should throw this topic open and let people give their thoughts on it?
There's always that niche for interesting effects. What about stuff like a 1 second (or other very short duration) 'shield' or invulnerability to eat an alpha strike (when you first aggro a big mob of enemies, and they all hit you with their first attacks at once) with well timed reflexes?

Return to “What's Cooking”