July 2018 Milestones

Consultant

July 2018 Milestones

Postby Consultant » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:43 am

I thought I would fill you all in on what is going on -- and it is a lot!

First, let me note that I've updated the latest thinking on the Login test in the thread in the Announcements section. But in summary, we decided to make use of a lot more costumes for the test, so we are now looking at the Login Test for the first half of August.

Second, we are planning to put out a newsletter today, on nanites. This newsletter helps us fill in the lore for Ship of Heroes. We're planning to start adding this sort of material to the Wiki as well, to fill that out.

After the lore piece, we are working on a powerset video for our second buffing and healing powerset -- Restorative Nanites. Most dev teams do not show buffing or healing too often, as there is no "boom-boom" offensive combat inherent in a buffing or healing set. These powers are more strategic. but we think you guys can take it! :) This video will probably come out within one week from now.

We've added a couple of new artists, and we have another new (very cool) costume to show off in the near future. Right now we're just creating the LODs and setting up the color masking system for it. So we want to show this costume as soon as we can (definitely in July).

We started looking at making a day/night video, and one thing we discovered is that we want to re-work our city so that there are lights in the buildings that come on at night. We've got the first versions of this in place now, and after the work is completed, Apotheosis City is going to be looking amazing at night. So the lighted buildings at night are holding up the day/ night video, but it is coming.

So there is a lot of good stuff coming this month, and leading into the Login Test in August.

olepi

Re: July 2018 Milestones

Postby olepi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 am

This sounds great!

Thanks for keeping us informed :D
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah! I’m excited! Can’t wait to read the newsletter and get more lore. I think you guys already created such a solid foundation for lore and I can’t wait for more from the team.

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 am

yep sounds great and interesting.
Just a question out of curiousity are you planning the lights as regular street lights (like our day street lights) or are you planning a more futuristic approach, like light lines integrated in the walls or light columns or something like that?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks for the update! I'm really excited about the Nanites video. Previews of new powersets are always cool. And can't wait to see the city at night. I wonder if it will be bright and colorful like Hong Kong with glowing reflections on the water, or something more subtle so you can get a clear view of the night sky. Either way I'm sure it'll be amazing!

olepi

Postby olepi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks for the update! I'm really excited about the Nanites video. Previews of new powersets are always cool. And can't wait to see the city at night. I wonder if it will be bright and colorful like Hong Kong with glowing reflections on the water, or something more subtle so you can get a clear view of the night sky. Either way I'm sure it'll be amazing!
Anyone play the old BladeRunner game? Parts of the city had lots of fog and dark areas. I hope there are different parts of the city with different lighting schemes, including a steam-punkish area.

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Anyone play the old BladeRunner game? Parts of the city had lots of fog and dark areas. I hope there are different parts of the city with different lighting schemes, including a steam-punkish area.
Haven't played Blade Runner, but I've seen the movies and can imagine what that would look like. I really like your idea, especially for higher level areas...might make them seem more intense. I've always been a fan of the whole gritty, futuristic, cyber punk look, though I think they might be going with a cleaner style for SoH...but maybe in the future we'll see worlds like this in game? A girl can dream...

Neat vid by Michał Env for inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXao5XqeqM

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 pm

So there is a lot of good stuff coming this month, and leading into the Login Test in August.
Impressive!!!
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Ha I suggested the same thing. Part of the city where the gangs shoot out the lights so it’s all dark on the street
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 am

Westwood Studios? That takes me back.

BTW, unless you're that's a non-sequitur, I would think you want cyber-punk. I would not object to either, really. I could get behind a zone full of Nemesis automatons, gas streetlights, and civilians in proper Victorian garb. And lavish zeppelins powered by steam; would definitely need airships.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 am

Ha I suggested the same thing. Part of the city where the gangs shoot out the lights so it’s all dark on the street
sounds like an interesting idea but a question here: would the automatic repair system of the city not take over and make that impossible?

I believe (since I think that has something interesting myself) the solution could be another deck or separated part of the ship - in which that mentioned gang took also over the tech system and security system (because otherwise it would be too logical that they would just send in troops, get everything in order and thats it)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 am

We have a lot of options for future sections of the ship, and we'd like to see a huge variety. And I think I just heard a request for a section where the advanced technology (including nanites) has been turned off for some reason. Interesting idea. :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 am

We have a lot of options for future sections of the ship, and we'd like to see a huge variety. And I think I just heard a request for a section where the advanced technology (including nanites) has been turned off for some reason. Interesting idea. :)
could be an old organisation, maybe religious motivated, which is conservative and has some distrust into those Nanites and automated stuff and therefore took over one section, in which they deactivated all of that to celebrate the good old days of freedom ;)

olepi

Postby olepi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Westwood Studios? That takes me back.

BTW, unless you're that's a non-sequitur, I would think you want cyber-punk. I would not object to either, really. I could get behind a zone full of Nemesis automatons, gas streetlights, and civilians in proper Victorian garb. And lavish zeppelins powered by steam; would definitely need airships.
Westwood was good back then, What is the difference between cyber and steam punk? :?

Return to “What's Cooking”