The Mission Map Upgrades Video Comments

Warhead

Re: The Mission Map Upgrades Video Comments

Postby Warhead » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:02 am

The upgrades are looking real good. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, I really like the many added catwalks above. Great places for above sneak attacks or to be sneaked up on. :)

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:40 pm

The upgrades are looking real good. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, I really like the many added catwalks above. Great places for above sneak attacks or to be sneaked up on. :)
I want to take a trick arrow/archery defender up on the catwalk and make things difficult for the archvillain.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 am

good thinking you too :)

I want to have a Ninja Powerset :)
(complete with Stealth, Martial Arts, Bow, Shuriken and Sword ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 am

I loved almost all of the changes, except the spinning (generators?) at the last scene, I thought they looked better before. Can't really pinpoint why, they just felt like they had more dimension and life before.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am

My BF (still trying to convince him he wants to play) noticed the cables on the floor too. He said it would be a nice touch if you added tripping physics, where players and bad guys alike can trip over environmental hazards like that and end up prone, just like a knockdown effect.Otherwise, they need to get back on the wall where they belong, because anyone that advanced would know better than to have cables all over the floor :P
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:56 am

My BF (still trying to convince him he wants to play) noticed the cables on the floor too. He said it would be a nice touch if you added tripping physics, where players and bad guys alike can trip over environmental hazards like that and end up prone, just like a knockdown effect.Otherwise, they need to get back on the wall where they belong, because anyone that advanced would know better than to have cables all over the floor :P

just like I said :) A Future Shipe which is around so long should be finished by now ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:19 am

About the cables on the floor - doesn't the update text say the map is supposed to look as if workers left in a hurry? Presumably because of an emergency. So perhaps the cords on the floor are supposed to reflect a "work-in-progress" status in the station.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 am

About the cables on the floor - doesn't the update text say the map is supposed to look as if workers left in a hurry? Presumably because of an emergency. So perhaps the cords on the floor are supposed to reflect a "work-in-progress" status in the station.
Still I don´t know - cables don´t ring right in that matter - but I won´t be more or less happy because they are there or not. Cables should be way deeper as I see it (in some kind of maintainance tube - just think about Star Trek you see a lot of technicians working but barely ever see any cable ;) ).
If the sense is about workers leaving in mid-work I would expect open wall panels and tablets or papers (depending what you prefer - since it is future I would say tablets), screw drivers and stuff like that - maybe some bottles, lunch boxes and stuff like that.
But I don´t want to be too much kicking on it, because we all know they are still in the middle of everything - so just mentioning it :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 am

I missed this on the first video, (and on this one the first few times :( ), I came back to this room because I thought there should be a balcony around the upper part of this room. for snipers...

Then I noticed the hidden balcony along the top. If that's a balcony well done.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:22 am

I missed this on the first video, (and on this one the first few times :( ), I came back to this room because I thought there should be a balcony around the upper part of this room. for snipers...

Then I noticed the hidden balcony along the top. If that's a balcony well done.
interesting question - could look like one - but I am not completely sure
what I noticed on your picture though is - are those street lamps? In a closed room?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:57 am

those are just in case the middle is not bright enough. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Return to “What's Cooking”