Early May Update

Parkhyeyeon

Re: Early May Update

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Sat May 12, 2018 4:20 am

Free Skype has a limit of 25.

Parkhyeyeon and JestersGhost both have Discord servers that should allow 100+ connections.

I'm an admin on Park's Discord, so if he is agreeable, I can run as host for the log-in event if he is not available.
I set Discord up for everyone! Of course it's okay. It is located in Central US, so it should be pretty solid for everyone.

I hope the time is good for me to join in also, and I will stream. I can also setup Discord to announce when others are streaming, so long as they link Twitch with their Discord.
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

mereman

Postby mereman » Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 am

I've only been a member for a week or two but I'm very pleased with the way the devs are keeping us future heroes up to date and talking to us.

As I'm in England might be harder for me to get into a test session at a time to suit but I will try.
Still in mourning for CoH

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat May 12, 2018 9:42 am

I've only been a member for a week or two but I'm very pleased with the way the devs are keeping us future heroes up to date and talking to us.

As I'm in England might be harder for me to get into a test session at a time to suit but I will try.
I would like to see you there. and I don't think I said welcome yet, so welcome to the ship.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat May 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Surprisingly, we have a lot of interest from England. You will not be alone, Mereman. And we often try to set times for Alpha events so that they are not too late for Greenwich time, although we have run late at night a few times as well. It's tricky to get California and London into the game together.

mereman

Postby mereman » Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm

If I can make I would love to be in the test. There is something special about being in near the start.
I now play mainly Farming simulator and was in at the start of a game changing mod helping to promote it on my small YT channel
Still in mourning for CoH

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm

I love the name Arch Park.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 am

So here's something we just realized -- the Arch needs to be lit up at night. It gets dark in the city (not too dark) and the Arch is at the center of the level. Of course we want it to glow and to have lights around it.

Arc de Triomphe, anyone? It's beautifully lit up at night. Washington Monument? The same.

Obviously we are changing this, and in retrospect this is kind of obvious. But as game developers it is pretty easy to overlook something like this until you see your city with day/ night in it.

Now we can see it, and we are adjusting this element.

I just thought you'd want to know. :)

This is another element that has popped up recently. And it illustrates why we say that is can take a year or two to polish a good level, after the dev team starts giving tours and getting feedback.

Apotheosis City looks good at night. :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 13, 2018 6:27 am

So here's something we just realized -- the Arch needs to be lit up at night. It gets dark in the city (not too dark) and the Arch is at the center of the level. Of course we want it to glow and to have lights around it.

Arc de Triomphe, anyone? It's beautifully lit up at night. Washington Monument? The same.

Obviously we are changing this, and in retrospect this is kind of obvious. But as game developers it is pretty easy to overlook something like this until you see your city with day/ night in it.

This is another element that has popped up recently. And it illustrates why we say that is can take a year or two to polish a good level, after the dev team starts giving tours and getting feedback.

You just love to tease me don't you?

Pictures or it didn't happen. :x

any thought on the T-Shirts?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun May 13, 2018 7:16 am

Must admit, I just assumed the arch would have a sort of blue/white glow around it. Really looking forward to seeing the city at night now you've whetted our appetites for it :p
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon May 14, 2018 12:40 am

TY Consultant for the revelation ...
So here's something we just realized -- the Arch needs to be lit up at night.
OOOH my my that has just exploded my mind ... i have not thought of the arch as a huge night light ...

Glowing from the reaction of the unobtainium in the atmosphere and the strong magnetic field created from the Arch ...
kind of like a " aurora borealis "
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 am

We make changes and upgrades almost every day. Later this morning I'm planning to jump in and see some new props that have added to the Arch Park.

Supporters have been politely telling us that we need to add more props, more signs, more stuff to the whole city for a year or more. And of course that is true. We also need to get NPCs into the city, some of them walking around, and ultimately have cars and trucks moving from place to place. All of that is in various stages of development. And of course, day/ night.

Over the next couple of months we are going to be moving closer to the final look for the city. This should be exciting.

And just in case anyone was worried, we continue to try to optimize, so that SoH will be a real MMO, where some decently-sized fights can occur. :)

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Mon May 14, 2018 3:31 pm

That sounds great! I can't wait to see all of it!
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 am

Over the next couple of months we are going to be moving closer to the final look for the city. This should be exciting.
I am looking forward to seeing this as well as the new day/night cycle feature/implementation. I'm also glad the Arch is getting some extra love prior to the login test ;)

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait to see it lit up at night! It could be a remarkable desktop background if the resolution was high enough? 😃

Just a tibit to keep all eyes on the prize, of course. 😉
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am

And just in case anyone was worried, we continue to try to optimize, so that SoH will be a real MMO, where some decently-sized fights can occur. :)
I can see an hear the city coming to life in my mind. Room to fight is good. :) Also we will have MONSTERS In the Basement!!!! :shock:
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Return to “What's Cooking”