MAP (Full Sized): Apotheosis City

Re: MAP (Full Sized): Apotheosis City

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 am

In reality, people hitting a train tunnel at train speeds would be dead immediately.

In comic reality they should still get hit, fall down, shake their head a bit and stand right up again. Maybe take some minor damage.

Gliding right thru the mountain would break immersion i think.

exactly my thought :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 pm

kind of want some obstacles so low you have to lay down. I want a game out of it. Jump, Jump, Duck, Laydown, Jump, Du.. $#@%!

that last one should have been Jump... anyone have a rez?
Golden Ace: 1
Apotheosis Transit Authority: 0

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm

LOL
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 am

Regarding the train hoping ... if your on top and your trying to jump the overhead structure and you get hit you should get knocked off and you should have 3/4 of you life taken ... when you hit the ground you would be stunned ... and yes you should land in a group of Nag's and the NPC's that are standing around watching you should start make fun of you ....

Harsh YES you deserve it for hoping the train with out a ticket ... :lol:
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:11 am

One ting we are discussing: if you jump on top of the train and ride it around (on top) and do not duck when it goes into tunnels or under structural supports, I thank you should get whacked right off, and onto the ground.

Some of our devs say that is too harsh...you should just glide through without collision.

What do people think?
It's a harsh world out there. Darn right you should be knocked off, and take smashing and fall damage

its all part of the fun. timing a jump to jump over the obstacle and land back on the train, or duck under it.
Lol, let the harshness commence!
And yes, it will all be part of the fun, especially for the buddies of the train hopper. :lol:
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:59 am

In was sort of hoping that as superheroes we'd be able to travel faster than the train anyway...

When did you last hear the words:" Hey, I overtook superman today."
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:45 am

In was sort of hoping that as superheroes we'd be able to travel faster than the train anyway...

When did you last hear the words:" Hey, I overtook superman today."
still it can be fun - and maybe relaxing doing a picknick while watching the surroundings passing by ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am

One ting we are discussing: if you jump on top of the train and ride it around (on top) and do not duck when it goes into tunnels or under structural supports, I thank you should get whacked right off, and onto the ground.

Some of our devs say that is too harsh...you should just glide through without collision.

What do people think?
It's a harsh world out there. Darn right you should be knocked off, and take smashing and fall damage

its all part of the fun. timing a jump to jump over the obstacle and land back on the train, or duck under it.
Lol, let the harshness commence!
And yes, it will all be part of the fun, especially for the buddies of the train hopper. :lol:
Hey Penninguin - no pan here ;)?

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

What do people think?

I agree
If you don't duck then you get whacked
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:14 am

Agreed, duck, totally! I actually really like the idea of having an obstacle course for train roof riders, as has been said..
But our jump would have to continue at the same speed as the train, even if we were standing still!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:12 pm

What do people think?

I agree
If you don't duck then you get whacked
I vote that you should get pushed off without taking damage.

Return to “What's Cooking”