What is everyone playing right now?

Taivas

Re: What is everyone playing right now?

Postby Taivas » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:35 pm

I've been hopping between MMOs trying to find one that suits my mood but nothing sticks. Tried a Chinese MMO called Revelation Online, great music, nice-looking environments, cool combat, but the questing is pretty boring and grindy. Went back to ArcheAge for the first time since its Western launch in 2014 and lasted two hours there before calling it quits. It was a very similar story with Black Desert Online (it's a great game, I just can't find the energy for it). I occasionally use the free Elysium server to casually play WoW. I've even logged into Champions Online to do some RP and see who's still on that.

My main game right now is Fallout: New Vegas. I've only played it through once and that was six or seven years ago when it came out. Having a blast with it, realising just what a major improvement it was over FO3.

(Dishonorable mention) I bought No Man's Sky for the PS4 since it was dirt cheap. I expected it to be disappointing based on everything I've heard and read about it so there was no way I was paying full price. Sure enough, it's depressing. I almost immediately regretted purchasing it.

DaSlaya

Postby DaSlaya » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am

Me and another one of my old Super Group Members (DarkVanShadow from Maulers n Medics) are playing Secret World Legends. This game fulfills my need for a game that is unique in its own way, while we wait for SOH. I am real excited after seeing the SOH video now, because it really brings me back to the good ole days. Soon enough....

Kid Rad

Postby Kid Rad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:35 am

Just started Toram and Anarchy Online. Both are pretty nifty, even if TO is rather formulaic, and AO is very outdated from a graphics perspective. Both have been a lot of fun so far.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm

I started playing Kritika Online on my tablet, which is more of a management game than anything. But they just released Crusaders of Light on Facebook gaming - it is a phone-tablet game that you can play on a PC now via Facebook - and this looks like a lot of fun in a more traditional MMORPG fashion.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Just started Toram and Anarchy Online. Both are pretty nifty, even if TO is rather formulaic, and AO is very outdated from a graphics perspective. Both have been a lot of fun so far.
AO was my first MMO :) Says a lot it's still going after all this time.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:30 am

As far as MMOs go, CoH was the only MMO I really enjoyed. I played EQ2 for a few months with workmates but found it tiresome. I tried WoW but gave up after a couple of days. I'm tempted to try TESO.

I play single player games 95% of the time these days because I've not found a sense of community like I did in CoX anywhere else. So many online games have highly toxic communities and I just can't be bothered dealing with it.

Ghost Recon with a bunch of friends on PS4 was good fun for a few months. I'm playing Uncharted and Rocket League on PS4 right now. On PC I'm playing The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and GTAV on (Single Player only)

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm

1. swtor
2. riders of icarus
3. marvel heroes
4. dreadnought
5. star citizen
6. neverwinter
7. black desert
They all pale in comparison to Coh though.
Last edited by Gamegod on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

DomiDayglow

Postby DomiDayglow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm still hiding on Wildstar.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 am

For them who want something a bit more casual, I've recently picked up Drop Assault and Astronest on android. Both the usual "build a bit and then wait for ages unless you pay money" funding scheme for F2P games, but neither are in your face about it, and both have a well done aesthetic and decently interesting gameplay. "JestersGhost" on Drop Assault, and "EbonAngel" (stupid 10-character limit) on Astronest, in case anyone cares.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 am

I'm still playing Kritika on my tablet and Crusaders of Light and DCUO on my PC, but all of them will go in the closet when Megaton Rainfall releases. I'll buy the game, and as soon as Scorpio VR releases I'll play it in VR as well.

Will I lose my lunch? Only time will tell!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm really discourage in playing another games right now... and getting even more discouraged with Archage lost intrest in EQ2 ....
( those games I've put my hope into) .... recently in the past 2 months I've tried DCUOl but seems to not satisfy my teaming desire.... ho hummm
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Started playing a couple of Cryptic titles recently. Neverwinter Nights and Star Trek online. Both are ok for something to do but not a replacement for CoH. But it is a nice easy to play style.

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:34 pm

For Gladog! :)
http://amzn.to/2w2v0Yd
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 pm

For Gladog! :)
http://amzn.to/2w2v0Yd
Hee hee ... that's just funny ...Ace ... GladDog better get a whole bunch for his flying round FHS Justice
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Solari

Postby Solari » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I've gone back to playing Neverwinter Nights - playing on Amia persistent world. It's the only place I can get anything like the social atmosphere I enjoy. :)

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”