Kritika Online

GladDog

Kritika Online

Postby GladDog » Wed May 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I have 3 beta keys if anyone wants to check out the closed beta, which runs for a little over a week...

If you want one, send me a PM. The sys reqs are pretty moderate. If your system will play a 6 year old game pretty well, it should play this just fine.

Nothing wrong with playing other games (I'm no traitor! :D), all I know is that when SoH releases I won't be playing anything else. But UNTIL THEN;

I'm watching out for evildoers on this forum :o 8-) :mrgreen:
I'm playing ASTA and DCUO
I'm a proofreader for a Japanese novel translation, The New Gate
I'm writing a novel slooooooowly
I'm taking care of my sick wife

So I have lots of things to keep me busy! Kritika Online will just be one of them, probably replacing the thing I am most bored with, DCUO, for the next 10 days or so.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Kritika Online

Postby GladDog » Wed May 24, 2017 1:17 pm

My first character? An agile, destructive catgirl rogue that meows! Named GladCat... I know, my naming style is obvi...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:49 pm

The game is pretty good. No controller support is a turnoff for me personally. I grew up on NES , Genesis , SNES > N64, Dreamcast, PS, Gameboy, 32X, Ps2 , Xbox, PS4, Xbox one. A few years ago I was introduced to PC gaming. Early 2000s is when I got my first pc. A lot of people are like me, all we know is the early consoles whom had controllers, so it is crazy to play any game seriously without one.

I hate mice. the mouse runs off the pads, cords get tangled and prevent movement. Mouse/keyboard gaming sucks lol. I am a real gamer, I grear up with joy sticks. Most people are like me and just want to relax on the coach while playing a game, not with a mice.

There is a reason why MH went with controller support. Ah that game is so much better now. Console gamers are not mice people trust me :lol: . If you spend 25 years with a pad and someone throws you a mouse and a keyboard, gonna be a long day. My online excuse will always be, "I could have beat you if I had a controller" :lol:

Kritika is nice though, lacking costume variety. Another turnoff. I like the combat and light story. Wish there was a fighter class though, hand-to-hand.

Greyhawk

Postby Greyhawk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 pm

The game is pretty good. No controller support is a turnoff for me personally. I grew up on NES , Genesis , SNES > N64, Dreamcast, PS, Gameboy, 32X, Ps2 , Xbox, PS4, Xbox one. A few years ago I was introduced to PC gaming. Early 2000s is when I got my first pc. A lot of people are like me, all we know is the early consoles whom had controllers, so it is crazy to play any game seriously without one.

I hate mice. the mouse runs off the pads, cords get tangled and prevent movement. Mouse/keyboard gaming sucks lol. I am a real gamer, I grear up with joy sticks. Most people are like me and just want to relax on the coach while playing a game, not with a mice.

There is a reason why MH went with controller support. Ah that game is so much better now. Console gamers are not mice people trust me :lol: . If you spend 25 years with a pad and someone throws you a mouse and a keyboard, gonna be a long day. My online excuse will always be, "I could have beat you if I had a controller" :lol:

Kritika is nice though, lacking costume variety. Another turnoff. I like the combat and light story. Wish there was a fighter class though, hand-to-hand.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in exactly the opposite position: if it's not in an arcade then it needs a keyboard and mouse! I've been playing computer games since the days of 80286 processors (mouse? what mouse?) and EGA graphics. Sure, I played Pong on the Atari, and I've spent countless hours on PlayStations, Gameboys, and Pokemon on the 3DS, but real games require a keyboard and mouse and full brain application. Real games are thinking games.

I guess this is the modern version of the "generation gap".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My author page at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B000APIPZC?r ... 0_33951330

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 am

I don't know, I grew up playing Amstrad CPC and Commodore 64 games. Wore out plenty of joysticks but I also played plenty of games with Q,A,O,P and Space bar controls. Ugh, only now do I realize how ergonomically awful that setup is! :p

Controllers definitely have their place in certain games, particularly where you want multiple analogue inputs. Mouse and Keyboard is best when you need accuracy and more buttons than a controller can support.

I found Witcher 3 was much more fun on KB+M with spells linked to mouse hat switch and another button, but for games like GTAV I much prefer using a PS4 controller on my PC as I can map the gyro as a precision aim - it's almost as good as a mouse.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”