If you were going to make a game what would it be?

Re: If you were going to make a game what would it be?

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:01 am

interesting thought here :)
Imagine Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Nights with Superheroes :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Xyrx

Postby Xyrx » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:36 am

I'm a mudder from the 90's. I always was drawn to games that had a good multi-classing system. What kept me interested in CoH was the fact that the way the powersets and pools interacted was very much like a custom multi-classing system, even if it was more limited than some of the muds I've played in the past, although there were other muds that allowed you to go through all the classes on one character, and that was an intense level of over kill :P

So, I'd say I'd probably work with some of those muds that still exist and help them build a 3d engine instead of being purely text based. There are some hybrids out there now that do this, but the graphic context is still pretty low. I'm a fan of the diku and circle styles.

Solari

Postby Solari » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:43 am

I'm a mudder from the 90's. I always was drawn to games that had a good multi-classing system. What kept me interested in CoH was the fact that the way the powersets and pools interacted was very much like a custom multi-classing system, even if it was more limited than some of the muds I've played in the past, although there were other muds that allowed you to go through all the classes on one character, and that was an intense level of over kill :P

So, I'd say I'd probably work with some of those muds that still exist and help them build a 3d engine instead of being purely text based. There are some hybrids out there now that do this, but the graphic context is still pretty low. I'm a fan of the diku and circle styles.
I like CircleMUD style too - I played a few in the past. I used to spend a lot of time on a MUD called imagica, which got re-developed by a buddy of mine and is still going at jimagica.net.

Damn, happy times :)

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:00 pm

I would make a Wild West MMO. With ranching, mining, and multi-faction PvP with cowboys, Indians, renegades, and outlaws.

When I retire next year, I plan to start coding it up. Have already spec'd out a lot.
I saw there is a wild west themed game coming out within the year. Have you seen it?
I've heard of a couple of Wild West games, but no MMO's. You are talking about a new MMO?
Maybe it is not coming soon but already out. Wild west Online

olepi

Postby olepi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm

I saw there is a wild west themed game coming out within the year. Have you seen it?
I've heard of a couple of Wild West games, but no MMO's. You are talking about a new MMO?
Maybe it is not coming soon but already out. Wild west Online
"And that's what makes all the rough-edges - the placeholder text, the imperfect graphics, the shallow gameplay, the glitches and crashes - all the more difficult to endure. "

Reviewers aren't being kind.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:11 pm

A MOBA with character creation. Balance would be solved by giving players specific move-sets or archetypes to work with.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 am

Oh, boy. Let me find my old notebook...

So, games I have started making or planning and never finished:

Customisable squad-based tactical game. Think x-com with completely free-form tech, advanced command-queue system and ability to have multiple simultaneous combats going on across the map that you can switch between.

An RTS with five-sides with varying styles of play - "Standard" military, with the usual troops, tanks, helicopters. A mech-centric force, with limited custom loadouts on the mechs. A "cheap and cheerful" gang style force using rag-tag vehicles (think terrorists from C&C Generals, or Orks from 40k). The Company, that uses a few elite units, each capable of taking on a small force by themselves. The Infection, that has no units but an invisible cloud which can infect and take over other units.

A "build your own space ship" Elite-style game. Basically Starmade, but I have my notes for the idea from last century :)

A JRPG game, following a family of xeno-archeologists on a dig on an alien planet who unearth some very curious and powerful crystals.

A superhero mobile game, done in a side-scrolling beat'em'up view.

And a match-3/CCG combo mobile game. Inspired by Legendary: Game of Heroes, but without the rampant pay-to-win and power creep.

------
Mods of games I worked on:

The Opera for Half-Life 1

Section 9 for Half-Life. Coding largely done, needed artists.

An UT2k4 mod, marines vs aliens where both sides could collect resources that let them power and re-configure their abilities on the fly. Marines could change gun specs (eg, turn the same gun from shotgun to automatic rifle to sniper rifle) and aliens could fly, cling to walls, get stealth, etc. As above, coding and UI basically complete, just needed mappers and modellers.

------

Going off on a tangent, I have /at least/ five different novel ideas I've started but not finished, two ongoing board games I'm playtesting, one tabletop miniature rules system and one tabletop RPG system I'm designing. The last one of which is actually taking most of my free time currently since I'm desperately trying to have something I come up with actually get finished :D
Last edited by JestersGhost on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot to include my mod projects :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”