Statesman is back...

Capzlock

Statesman is back...

Postby Capzlock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7O7LqNh5w

Looks like this may be the reason why the IP never got sold. I'm admittedly going to download this and claim to be a Statesman main.
It sucks that this may be all we ever see from CoH again, but I'm sort of glad they're acknowledging that it still exists.

kinglucus

Re: Statesman is back...

Postby kinglucus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 pm

on one hand im happy to see Statesman back, however its an obvious cash grab and quite a slap in the face considering how little they cared about CoH to keep it running.

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Definitely NOT supporting any of the people/companies that killed CoX.
Certainly not just for a cash-in attempt.

-Griff

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 pm

looking in to the MXM on line and I see its the kind of game that will attract levelers , button slammers and run through as fast as you can'ners. pvp'ers that want and need to Kill kill kill ....not worried bout the loss of those... glad to be part of the real Players... people that actually really read the story line, that Dev's develop.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 am

on one hand im happy to see Statesman back, however its an obvious cash grab and quite a slap in the face considering how little they cared about CoH to keep it running.
Yep... I'm not sure if the red on my face when I saw that was from anger or the face slap they handed to us.

Whatever. My game related sources are very silent on the possibility of a CoH2 in Unreal 4 or HeroEngine2, and while I am not ultra connected, this does not bode well for a sequel. If they were working on such a project, at least a whisper would have escaped, and so far... nothing.

And if NCsoft expects me to hand over any of my money to any project not named City of Heroes 2, well, they can wait a LONG time. If they DID release CoH2, and it was a worthy successor, then they would be on my 'good' list again.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am

Well, i am prefering path of exile over this, seems to be way deeper.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm

I wouldn't touch CoH2 if it had NCSoft behind it again. Nothing to stop them pulling the plug when some other pet project turns up they want the servers for again.

It's a company run by accounts for the shareholders, not by gamers for gamers.

Does anyone really care about Statesman anyway? He was pretty much the least interesting of the all the storyline characters.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Does anyone really care about Statesman anyway? He was pretty much the least interesting of the all the storyline characters.
I liked his costume, but that's just because I'm a Superman/Captain America fan.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Wow.
That's just...
Wrong.

Tursko

Postby Tursko » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:09 am

Too bad its just another Moba and not like a CoH2 or something.

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm

NCSoft can go F themselves. Never, ever spending a penny with them or playing another of their games.
aka Backer 68

Solari

Postby Solari » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm

NCSoft can go F themselves. Never, ever spending a penny with them or playing another of their games.
Pretty much this.

suemccartin

Postby suemccartin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Definitely NOT supporting any of the people/companies that killed CoX.
Certainly not just for a cash-in attempt.

-Griff
I most definitely concur, clap clap clap clap, here, here.....

suemccartin

Postby suemccartin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Yep... I'm not sure if the red on my face when I saw that was from anger or the face slap they handed to us.

Whatever. My game related sources are very silent on the possibility of a CoH2 in Unreal 4 or HeroEngine2, and while I am not ultra connected, this does not bode well for a sequel. If they were working on such a project, at least a whisper would have escaped, and so far... nothing.

And if NCsoft expects me to hand over any of my money to any project not named City of Heroes 2, well, they can wait a LONG time. If they DID release CoH2, and it was a worthy successor, then they would be on my 'good' list again.
So the improbably occurs and they release coh2, will they bring back paragon studios and hire back the good people that did such a wonderful job? I highly doubt it. Do I really want to fall in love again to have those "uncomplimentary term for Korean people deleted" kill it again in a year or two because they want the resources for something else or in competes with another of their products. I don't buy NCSoft anything never knowingly will.

suemccartin

Postby suemccartin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Why would you say that? He and Recluse were best buds and found the magical doodad that gave them their powers together they just had philosophical differences about how to make the world better Recluse thought the iron fist was the right way and statesman disagreed. The could have developed his character a whole lot more I agree but the whole thing about him and Recluse was sort of interesting in my book.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”