A Good Deal!

GladDog

A Good Deal!

Postby GladDog » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 am

I look at Newegg's sales quite frequently, and this looks like a really, really good deal. I want a 17.3" screen, so I am going to pass on it, but wow. It should have plenty of go-juice to run SoH at higher graphics levels, although unlikely to run the game at max. But at that price... $589.00!!

7th gen i5 quad core
8GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB
15.6" screen @ 1920X1080
256GB SSD

Add an 8GB DDR4 RAM chip and a 1TB HDD, and this would be an excellent gaming laptop for the next few years.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... dciXqHw%3D
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Re: A Good Deal!

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 09, 2018 7:16 am

I look at Newegg's sales quite frequently, and this looks like a really, really good deal. I want a 17.3" screen, so I am going to pass on it, but wow. It should have plenty of go-juice to run SoH at higher graphics levels, although unlikely to run the game at max. But at that price... $589.00!!

7th gen i5 quad core
8GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB
15.6" screen @ 1920X1080
256GB SSD

Add an 8GB DDR4 RAM chip and a 1TB HDD, and this would be an excellent gaming laptop for the next few years.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... dciXqHw%3D
does that fall under the "advertising" part you are supposed to ban from the page :D ?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 am

This is an absolutely fantastic deal. You really can't get much better for that price. My own Dell gaming laptop has almost identical specs. If anyone is looking for a laptop that will run games smoothly for the next couple of years without hassle, they should seriously consider this.

For reference; My laptop, using the GTX 1050 4GB, 8GB of RAM, i5 7300HQ CPU and a 256GB SSD, runs the following modern/demanding games:

GTA V - High Settings at 40-50fps.
Fallout 4 - High Settings at 40fps.
The Elder Scrolls Online - High Settings at 50fps.
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Max settings at 90fps.

Of course, it runs almost everything else without batting an eyelid. The fan does often have to kick in to regulate the temperature and can get a bit loud, but aside from that I have literally never had any performance issues.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 09, 2018 7:51 am

Something odd about this post. I’ve actually banned the user three times, and deleted the post as many times. But he keeps un-banning himself and putting the post back. :lol:

That is a really good system it’s almost as good as my desktop. I think we long since passed where the original Star Trek was In computer technology. Our communicators are much better too. 😄
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am

I think I will pass - got that nvidia but my chip is an I7 Quad Core and I already have 16 GB DDR4 17,3 Screen too - so I think I am fine (oh and my HDD is a 1 TB - though it is connected to my NAS with 48 TB anyway ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm working out the financials, and if I can, I think I will get that and an 8GB DDR4 chip. I have a 320GB laptop HDD I can plug in, and that should be adequate for now with the 256 GB SSD.

So, the lappy would be;

7th gen i5 quad @ 2.5GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX1050 video with 4GB VRAM
256GB SSD + 320 GB HDD
15.6" screen @ 1920x1080, and cast capable to a Bluetooth TV!

Very much thinking of this. This would be a portable system, I have plenty of go-juice in my desktop.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm

This has been fairly useful to me.

Back in the day I used to build rigs (desktop), but I haven't do it for so long I feel I no longer know what is "great".

Partly because I don't know what bottle neck things anymore and partly because it seems like...or got to a point that I would upgrade and upgrade and upgrade and freaking upgrade constantly because games were requiring it.

Laptops are borderline kryptonite to me lol.

So at the least knowing what this game (SoH) will require (sorta) to run helps me out. Still gonna hold out though till I know for sure.

I feel bad to. I would throw more money at this game, but have to save back money to sub beta and definitely have to buy a new computer. I admit the computer thing was/is gonna happen regardless...just have to hold out till I know what to get for sure.
...reporting in.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Dang it, this was while supplies last, and they ran out...

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu May 10, 2018 5:36 pm

It was too good of a deal. They sold out to quickly. ☹️
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri May 11, 2018 5:27 am

It was too good of a deal. They sold out to quickly. ☹️
It is always like that - a company has good products to hook the customers because if somebody who obviously has interest is already around that is a base to build on - sorry for you guys

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”