What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Re: What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 am

nice idea - I hope we will manage to have something like a costume contest on SoH too - that definitely sounds like my type of fun :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Eulb

Re: What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Postby Eulb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Very good likeness warhead and yes the chest simple was close i missed that when is was playing COH ...
so that is the hero i most relate to ... he wanted to do good but had a little trouble with the execution of doing good...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 am

Just read something, that they are planning to put Valiant onscreen

Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and Archer and Armstrong shall be the starters what I read so far.
Kind of makes me wonder, why they did not include XO Manowar and Hard Corps while being at it anyway. But so far that kind of makes me curious - maybe they will try out more if people react to the concept
Who knows - if Super Heroes are getting more present - and even those from smaller labels have their success, that definitely would be good for our game too :roll:
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon May 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Adam Warlock.

I owned all of the Adam Warlock comics, about 45 of them, back in the day, although my comic collection (which included Journey into Mystery #83 and Conan the Barbarian #1, along with some signed art sets from Jim Starlin and John Romita Jr) was stolen from my apartment while I was away a couple of days.

While Green Lantern and Iron Man have always been my favorites, I think Adam Warlock was/ is a very, very fascinating character, well worth his own feature film. Maybe he could be the one to steal the soul gem from Thanos and put him in the Soul World, ending his reign of terror?
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 5:27 am

Adam Warlock.

I owned all of the Adam Warlock comics, about 45 of them, back in the day, although my comic collection (which included Journey into Mystery #83 and Conan the Barbarian #1, along with some signed art sets from Jim Starlin and John Romita Jr) was stolen from my apartment while I was away a couple of days.

While Green Lantern and Iron Man have always been my favorites, I think Adam Warlock was/ is a very, very fascinating character, well worth his own feature film. Maybe he could be the one to steal the soul gem from Thanos and put him in the Soul World, ending his reign of terror?
I absolutely agree with you about the Warlock Movie - it has infinite possibilites :) (little word play - sorry ;) )
To the other - I feel with you and share your pain and anger about that! I don´t know what I would do with somebody stealing my collection, though I got to admit, I once said (out of fun) if somebody manages to steal my collection I would hire him (I got close to 15.000 Comics ) when we move to the next appartment ;). Never really checked for signed comics but I got some fine silver age stuff myself (though I compliment you to things like Journey into Mystery and Conan - again a shame somebody stole them who propably don´t even appreciate them properly) including Adam Warlock and a few others. Started actually with DC and Green Lantern and Flash have been my favorites - when I got older I was more into Martian Manhunter because of his Shapechanging and Mental Powers :). To Marvel I got way later but but I kind of like the Cosmic Characters most :)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue May 08, 2018 5:54 am

I've always liked all comics - my mom was a comic book nerd. We had stacks and stacks of comics all over the house. My sisters and I would spend hours (at the beginning of the month) just reading... The first comics I ever read on my own were Tales of Suspense 40-something, when Iron Man was still using his bulky gold armor (and Tony shared the magazine with Captain America), and a 200-ish silver age Green Lantern, something like 1962-63. The Cap story was not so great, but Iron Man, fighting the Melter, was SO COOL! GL was fighting something in space with his ring almost out of juice - sound familiar? But it was a fun issue, and of course Hal made it back to earth in time to recharge his ring... I was 4 years old then. And I was HOOKED!

My mom had Tales of Suspense #39, first appearance of Iron Man, although I thought that issue was boring. It ended up lining the Kitty litter box, like most of our comics.

Adam Warlock was the comic that reignited my love for the genre. And I think that tortured, complex soul could do the same for a lot of movie goers!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 6:02 am

I've always liked all comics - my mom was a comic book nerd. We had stacks and stacks of comics all over the house. My sisters and I would spend hours (at the beginning of the month) just reading... The first comics I ever read on my own were Tales of Suspense 40-something, when Iron Man was still using his bulky gold armor (and Tony shared the magazine with Captain America), and a 200-ish silver age Green Lantern, something like 1962-63. The Cap story was not so great, but Iron Man, fighting the Melter, was SO COOL! GL was fighting something in space with his ring almost out of juice - sound familiar? But it was a fun issue, and of course Hal made it back to earth in time to recharge his ring... I was 4 years old then. And I was HOOKED!

My mom had Tales of Suspense #39, first appearance of Iron Man, although I thought that issue was boring. It ended up lining the Kitty litter box, like most of our comics.

Adam Warlock was the comic that reignited my love for the genre. And I think that tortured, complex soul could do the same for a lot of movie goers!
Well there is the kind of feeling which puts a certain glow in my eyes already :) Yep, Lantern was always that kind of magic :). Though it kind of pains me thinking about comics ending up in a litter box.
To Adam Warlock I agree he has definitely potential - together with the Infinity Guard Thanos could be put even more onto screen. Maybe with the Goddess too :) Just picture this: Adam Warlock being overwhelmed by the situation with the gems and the Infinity Guard isn´t available as it should be and the feelings end up messing him so much, that he has that personality split, which starts messing around with earth heroes which puts the Iluminati on screen and Adam Warlock has to be saved by his friends from the Infinity Guard while Thanos is already forming his own scheme while the focus is off him...

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”