short story based on Your Fantasy Book Title

Re: short story based on Your Fantasy Book Title

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:29 am

but just by the way Odee - Golden Ace and out of curiousity
have you by any chance met each other in rl before?

I mean, you just live like 30something minutes away from each other :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 am

Nope. Didn’t know each other until a few months ago. Closest I came was a Dunkin donuts on Garrisonville road in Stafford. It was a doughnut shop so I expected to see him there however he disappointed me.

I’m pretty sure Odee is at all doughnut shops him being the ancient god of all Ring shaped pastries and confections after all.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:20 am

Nope. Didn’t know each other until a few months ago. Closest I came was a Dunkin donuts on Garrisonville road in Stafford. It was a doughnut shop so I expected to see him there however he disappointed me.

I’m pretty sure Odee is at all doughnut shops him being the ancient god of all Ring shaped pastries and confections after all.
It is all true. He keeps trying to track me down, but I am an elusive little Scone, and have stayed just out of reach, despite the trail of crumbs. However, Golden does have relatives in my town, apprising him of my deeds. :lol:

Oh hey, that'd make for an Epic, if not at least a good Nemesis mission in SoH. ;) :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:46 am

It is all true. He keeps trying to track me down, but I am an elusive little Scone, and have stayed just out of reach, despite the trail of crumbs. However, Golden does have relatives in my town, apprising him of my deeds. :lol:

Oh hey, that'd make for an Epic, if not at least a good Nemesis mission in SoH. ;) :lol:
you mean story so far or that last response of yours about somebody trying to chasing somebody else down who leaves hints by purpose ;)? (too bad, I am not in the area - would be fun seeing you two chasing our donut shops :D )

Oh and again being curious ;) Did you find your phrase reflected right and did my text get the essence of it to your agreement :)?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 am

OH and congratulations to your 2 k post :)

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:38 pm

OH and congratulations to your 2 k post :)
He did that on purpose to include me, you know :P

Now, I'm making a Cosplay Coply Crown of Doughnuts, and Sugar-Waffle Cones to affirm my Copness, and consideration for SoH hats :lol: ;)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 am

The House of Shadow, Wind and Smoke Part 12

It was a beautiful morning and the three Novices where surprised, how bright the light was at that time of the morning. And Garean seemed to be in the mood to try to compete with it. He smiled and shone like they had the time of their lives – and not where just cleaning dishes! Tyreen looked over to Sareja but the Girl was quiet and her face expressionless as always. Those two really where like night and day and suddenly he felt the urge to laugh out loud when thinking about the sense of humour, fate must have when putting those two together. An urge which he suddenly noticed, he did not surpress when he realized the two where looking at him more or less irritated.

To his relief Master Willain arrived at the scene that moment, so he did not have to explain himself „Good Morning Master! We are ready in a few moments and will be ready to leave in around ten minutes. Is there anything we need to know or do today?“ It was daily routine and part of his job as the leader of their class to ask though he already knew that the answer would be no anyway. After all, they where just Novices and there was a pretty strict Need-to-Know-Policy the Master where following which basically meant they where just following, without needing to know. But not today! Master Willain actually sat down, looking from one tot he other „Indeed, there is something for you all to know! As you already heard a few days ago, Master Maelian did leave quite some impression when he was here the last time. And with his actions, of course our order has also some reputation around here. So, what I am trying to say is, that you need to be very careful. I want you to speak as little as possible and in our language only when you are 150% sure that nobody is near to hear you and even then only as short and quiet as possible! And keep your eyes and ears open. I heard from my informants about a political conflict in the capital. That may or may not have to do with our mission but it is still crucial for our House to be aware of stuff like that! Oh and also, there will be one of my men be on his way to accompany us fort he last part of that trip, to make sure we get into the capital unnoticed. We should meet him today or tomorrow!“

Tyreen was surprised. How could he be contacted while being on that journey with them, without them noticing it? He realized, that they still had only a glimpse of an idea or what their Masters really where capable o fand defnitely still a long way to go! Well, there was not really anything to say, since he felt, that the ways of their Masters where not theirs to judge and so he just nodded and went packing, while Garean took care of refilling their water supply and Sareja made sure, that they left as little traces from their stay as possible behind.

It was a nice day and the forest showed his beautiful side with a the sounds and smells which went along with that. A day, which could have been relaxing and was basically just perfect for wandering around in the landscape but still there was something off. He could feel the tension and even Gareans mood had dropped since they left their campsite. Tyreens eyes moved from one to the other, analyzing their expressions. It was obvious, that he wasn´t the only one who where waiting for that contact from Willains unit. It was a tension which grew while the day went on and by late afternoon it was thick enough, so one could cut it. But it was exactly that mood, which saved them when suddenly an armored person appeared out of nowhere just a few meters away from their location.

Willain and Maelian reacted instinctively and while one of them casted an avoidance spell, the other one took care, that they reached a spot, which was better suited for staying hidden. The man was quite big and completely clad in a golden Armor. Even his face was hidden under a golden metal mask. It was quite an unusual sight, since such shining equipment was for one absolutely unusual for Noctarians who normally preferred less shining colours and as second where absolutely impractical in any kind of mission if it not was meant for attracting attention. Not mentioning, that it was generally a Metal, which needed Magic to be of any real use for combat at all. Still even though that metal must had quite some weight, his movements seemed effortless and they where barely able to hear any sound from him walking. The man obviously was looking for something. His eyes where scanning his surroundings when Tyreen suddenly noticed him carrying something under one arm. It was a lifeless body! He realized it the same moment as the rest and almost immidiately he just knew, that this man, hanging lifeless from the arm of that armored figure was their contact! He knew it, the moment when his eyes met with Willains! The Master fought with himself trying to understand what he saw here while his hand reached for his sword. He saw Master Maelian shaking his head and Willains hand stayed where it were. For a seemingly endless time the man stood their, seemingly trying to pearce trough their cloaking until he suddenly turned around and disappeared at the exact same spot again, where he appeared a few minutes ago.

Master Maelian sighed and lowered his avoidance spell. He seemed exhausted and Tyreen automatically handed him something to eat and drink. Nobody said anything until suddenly Willain started talking „He was one of my personal Novices – one of my best! I know you did the right thing Maelian, but for me that Mission just have been extended! I must reclaim that body and bring it home with us!“ The three Novice looked at each other, feeling somewhere between sad and angry and without saying anything they all knew that something had changed completely. While this Mission until this afternoon had mostly been about intelligence and only under fitting circumstances could have included a small amount of offensive action it suddenly had become a war mission! They all knew it and though they seemed calm, Tyreen could tell, that the Masters now where unsure how to act with them around „Master Maelian, may I speak?“ The old man looked up from his notes „What is it?“ The young novice realized, that all attention had just been drawn to him and suddenly felt unsure about what he could really offer, but than he straigthened up „Master, I can not decide for my class in that matter but I wanted to assure you that I for my part am willing to give and learn anything I can to help with that changed situation and am aware that this now will include helping you fighting whoever is behind that armored guy!“ Sareja stood up, walking over to him „I agree! When that enemy is far enough with his plans, to attack one of ours, than time is of essence and it has to be dealt with immidiately. I am also willing to offer my life in service of the House!“ Garean looked at them in a combination of shock, disbelief and fear, than suddenly he smiled and got up too „I would lie, if I would claim, that I am not afraid and I would definitely prefer to get alive out of that, but when my comrades are willing to put everything on the line, I can do no less – after all, I always wanted to be part of that House. And I guess, this here comes within the package.“

The two Masters looked at them and Tyreen started to feel a bit uncomfortable under the searching gaze of Maelian and the warm smile of Willain who moved over to them, laying his hands on his shoulder „I have heard, that you had your doubts about being right in our House and of being the right person to lead this class, that you doubt you are good enough to pass and some more. Kind of seems sometimes like you like to doubt. But I tell you that: You are absolutely right within our House, you make us Masters proud and fill us with confidence for our future! Not because you are that good of a Novice but because you have the right character, the right heart for it! You all will do well and we will do the best to get you back!“

It was a moment, which filled Tyreen with confidence until it was disrupted by a sudden explosion. Immidiately the group reacted and while Maelian prepared a defensive spell, Willain cast an Illussion spell, which as Tyreen noticed made their appearance harder to grasp. The same time Sareja started collecting magic for her attack, while Garean prepared the camouflage for their attack. Tyreen himself waited to see, what kind of enemy they would have as too decide if their attack needed to be strengthened, guarded or corrected. Than another attack came from out of nowhere and Maelian was just barely able to react in time to put up a shield against the attack. Willain tried a stray attack but his magic just disappeared. In the meanwhile Sareja still waited looking at Tyreen about what to do. But what could they do against an opponent, which they couldn´t even see, how could they fight that?

Than he smiled and started weaving a spell. It was a guess but he was sure, that his opponents wore a Golden Armor and he also was sure, that it was no pure Gold but needed some extra Material and a lot of Magic. Garean and Sareja where looking at him suprised, hearing him reciting until he finally finished his spell combination and with sudden hurl of wind four armored figures started appearing, wearing a fine coat of dust on their armored bodies. Willain smiled acknowledgingly and with a sudden explosion of pure magical power stroke against the first one of their surprised attackers. The man disappeared screaming within a ball of black mass, which crunched the whole frame within it. Tyreen felt grim satisfaction while supporting Sareja leashing out on the next one. But the moment of surprise was over and their attack only reached the Armor thanks to Gareans cloaking. Their opponent flew a few meters backwards just to get back up on his feet immidiately.

In the meanwhile Maelian and Willain fought the other two remaining attackers, exchanging powerful magical blows and Tyreen could feel the unbelievable power within them. Then he forced his attention back to their own opponent just in time to push Sareja aside when he tried put her out with a powerful blast of pure force. Garean reacted immidiately putting a shield between Tyreen and the attack, which withstood enough for Tyreen just being thrown back a few meters. Another blast came towards him and he dodged it in the last moment. Their opponent was aware of the fact that they were not nearly strong enough to counter him. But he had an idea how to use that! „Garean, don´t block it move it!“ He hoped that his room mate understood what he meant. Thankfully he did and this time Gareans shield withstood it, while letting the attack slide along his shield into the woods. It was something which suddenly gave him an idea „Sareja, let the next one slide towards me!“ He just hoped, that the man, inside that golden Armor would be arrogant enough to try it again. And he was. By using even more power, he tried another attack against Garean, who moved his shield enough, so the attack turned towards Sareja, who followed his example. Now it was up to him. He yelled towards Maelian and Willain „Masters – now is the time!“ while forming the last necessary shield to guide the attack towards the two opponents who had the concentration on their Masters and did not take care of what went on beside them, being sure, that their comrade would take care of them. It was enough and the attack disintegrated the two Golden Figures immidiately. The last Assailant then suddenly had all five of them against him. Tyreen could feel as the feeling of victory sang his song within him and pushed even harder, until finally their last attackers shield broke. Tyreen began to relax. That was the sign, that his reserves where down and therefore he was no danger anymore. At least that was what he thought! Because right at that moment Tyreen felt a major surge of magical power rise in the Salaarians Armor and in a last moment reflex he used a transportation spell, to send him away as far as his remaining energies allowed. Then he jumped forward and threw himself into Sareja and Garean shielding them with his body. It was just in time before the Magic broke loose in a huge explosion which destroyed a huge amount of the forest part in which he transportet their Assailant. He could feel wooden pieces ripping into his back before it became quiet when Maelians shield closed through them. The last thing Tyreen remembered, was the shield shining with a bright golden shimmer. What an irony he thought – The much about him being part of a House named after Shadow, Wind and Smoke!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 am

so G.A. - this one is for you :)

sorry - this one got way longer that it should have but I wanted to include a battle scenario and therefore it became longer than originally anticipated :)

So, Odee and G.A.

hope you like what happened with your ideas :)

Von

Postby Von » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:35 pm

"The Empire of Glass and Ember"

And then we attacked...
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:29 am

sorry - this one got way longer that it should have but I wanted to include a battle scenario and therefore it became longer than originally anticipated :)

So, Odee and G.A.

Liked what happened with our ideas? I am absolutely humbled, and elated at the same time! 👍🏽 💝x💯 🤝🏽

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 am

So, Odee and G.A.

Liked what happened with our ideas? I am absolutely humbled, and elated at the same time! 👍🏽 💝x💯 🤝🏽
well thanks - imagine your screen is blushing right now ;) I am glad it came in the right direction - any more wishes (otherwise I let myself surprise what to write next week) ;)

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:58 pm

The Court of Stars and Snow

((this sounds really cool but I can`t imagine a story right now. I need help with this. Can somebody start and write the first 2 or 3 sentences please?))
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 am

((this sounds really cool but I can`t imagine a story right now. I need help with this. Can somebody start and write the first 2 or 3 sentences please?))
They looked at the ancient artifact frozen in stone, talking excitedly about the proof that Earth was a seeded planet. Then began setting up the molecular reassembler machine, that would bring this find to life once more....

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 am

They looked at the ancient artifact frozen in stone, talking excitedly about the proof that Earth was a seeded planet. Then began setting up the molecular reassembler machine, that would bring this find to life once more....
Wow this is great. Thank you.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Some great stories here. I must admit I haven't done much more with mine. I really want to tie it in, albeit loosely, with what's going on with SoH which really means waiting till we're closer to launch. I'd also like to have my main character's name reserved as well, before splashing it around all over the internet ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “The Starboard Lounge”