Duration of the kickstart?

jessejame

Duration of the kickstart?

Postby jessejame » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm curious as to how long the Kickstarter will be open for? in the past some of us just didn't get the money in time before it was closed. Thanks!

GladDog

Re: Duration of the kickstart?

Postby GladDog » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

I read an article earlier today stating the goal is a very reasonable $400,000 USD, and they are going 5 weeks to get it.

I can't wait to see the stretch goals, as I am sure they will do much better than that!

Especially if *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* they release a alpha or even pre-alpha character creator!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

jessejame

Postby jessejame » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Oh I know, I would be suprised if we don't achieve at least that. What I'm really hoping happens is it comes out like star citizen where they've got loads of backers. The more that's put in now the more it'll be later. Tell your friends and family to tell their friends and family.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:43 am

I really love this project, so i will totally support it on kickstarter when it starts. But the visibility of this project is very very low at the moment. Look at the video watch count in youtube, there are barely a few hundred people aware of the project at this time. So unless this is changing a lot, i fear that they won't get 400k, not even close.

I hope they have a good plan to raise awareness.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Pyrion that is a good point .... except we are the public awareness and that's where it will be best spreed ... FB .. ill be sharing everything that come out with all my friends . Unfortunately my family and friends do not play any on line games, and still think i'm crazy too , BUT ill still try to get the word out.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

kinglucus

Postby kinglucus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 am

what about an "advert" or "poster" they can give us to post everywhere? if people keep seeing the same image everywhere it may draw more people to the website.

jessejame

Postby jessejame » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:47 pm

People know we exist. Word as already spread on the Titan network and from there it has probably already spread to the others. I hate to say it but 400K may be harder to achieve than planned. Valiance Online's kickstart didn't do too well, and probably for a number of factors. All I can hope is that SoH really wows anyone before they put out the kickstart, maybe give them a little "Right now" incentive to dive in. I'm personally fine waiting, but to encourage more people it may help.

Banished Archangel

Postby Banished Archangel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:10 am

The big thing is that we need to start posting and commenting on websites such as PC Gamer, IGN, and RockPaperShotgun as well as all the other "big" PC game websites in order to bring attention to SoH.

Once it gets to a critical mass and when the Kickstarter KICKS OFF (Audience groans), hopefully the big PC game websites will pick it up and report on it, bringing in even more of those "OH! I didn't even know of this project! And, wow, I DO miss the original!" people.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:36 am

Chronicles of Elyria had a pretty successful Kickstarter campaign. I remember they used 'Thunderclap' a couple of times, once at the start and again towards the end, to increase the exposure via social media. If there are enough of us using twitter, etc. it might be worth looking into that.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:46 am

Thank you -- we need all of the help we can get. Tell your friends, and everyone you think ought to know.

We're working to get some new content into the Kickstarter video, so it ought to be news-worthy. And we are going into the KS with more real MMO capability shown than any other MMO that we are aware of, pre-Kickstarter. We think this is needed because the Kickstarter platform itself has become suspicious of MMO creators that take money and don't actually develop anything. Obviously, we solved that by developing quite a bit before going to the Kickstarter.

Also, we made a decision on the videos we've released so far, which was to allow publishers to host the videos themselves. This increases the awareness of Ship of Heroes as more people see the videos when they are on the homepage of major publishers. But it also lowers the number of viewers reported on YouTube. And if you looked back in time at the KS videos of successful MMOs of the last few years, our video views are actually pretty strong compared to theirs, from the time of their Kickstarters. They've had a lot of views since, of course.

So we don't know what will happen. I guess that's part of the fun. But we want to get this game launched, whatever it takes.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 am

Good to hear things are going well. I agree that these days a lot more needs to be proven, especially for something as potentially nebulous as software - there's been quite a few high-profile failures in the crowd-funding arena lately, so it definitely raises the bar and the pressure for everyone else to prove they can deliver.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

WarHammer

Postby WarHammer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 am

Rather than have a one time donation, couldn't you set it up to allow people to make monthly donations as you would for a subscription fee? I'd be all in for that.

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 am

The fact that you are beginning a kickstarter campaign with a game that is built. You're already lightyears ahead of the other successor games. That's what drew me to SoH and the reason I'm already ready to donate!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

jessejame

Postby jessejame » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm

The fact that you are beginning a kickstarter campaign with a game that is built. You're already lightyears ahead of the other successor games. That's what drew me to SoH and the reason I'm already ready to donate!
I firmly believe that this is what will give them their edge. People will notice that these guys have already invested a great deal of their effort and time into this and it feel better about donating.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 am

Oh, and did we say the length of the KS is 5 weeks? It is. That should give those who need to see a paycheck arrive in order to donate some comfort.

Return to “Kickstarter Discussion”