Kickstarter Rewards

Consultant

Kickstarter Rewards

Postby Consultant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:14 am

We have some ideas for Kickstarter rewards. But what do you want to see as rewards? Don't worry so much about what level of pledge earns which reward - what would you most like to see offered?

I can already tell you that there will be badges...

Griffin

Re: Kickstarter Rewards

Postby Griffin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 pm

One of the things I've seen on other places (but not backed by me because they didn't have the ~feel~ you all have) was for custom named badges, custom NPCs, custom missions, etc.

With that in mind, one of our super group members died shortly after the previous game ended, and I believe many of us would chip in to put a memorial of him in game of some kind. (possibly even just a Statue/Plaque/NPC/Store Clerk/Boss at end of a mission/etc), so that is one I'd very much be interested in.

Other odds and ends:
# Specialty costumes/power effects/hair/you name it (spouse and I had soooo many toons, paired and otherwise, and bought every booster pack).
# Limited use temp powers? (Nothing Over Powered, but things that maybe make something early a little easier, or like a health beam to heal team mates, etc)
# Perhaps a "hearthstone" type (LONG recharge) recall power (get you back to the Arch from wherever.)
# Physical world things: Figurines, posters, dev team signed original copy of game
# The ever popular "group bundle" X number of licenses (to enslave^H^H^H^H^H^H^H encourage friends)
# Custom "titles" or title colors in game
# EXTRA TOON SLOTS (sell these later too)
# Reserve a toon name / Reserve a super group name
# Bonus dust accumulation (for a limited time) (and/or bonus xp also limited time)

Just a few ideas.

Really only waiting for you to take our money.

-Griff (and spouse)

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Things I think would be nice Rewards...
1. Unique costumes and power visual effects.
2. Unique title and badges
3. Long cooldown group summon and/or group resurrection ability.
4. Copy of the game, or a few game codes to get friends addicted. :)

Just a few quick ideas while bored at work.
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 am

People like shiny things. Give supporters a glowing aura on demand.
Give them a power to summon some nice fireworks.
Maybe a vanity pet.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:08 am

*An In game cash bonus every month. It does not have to be game breaking, but make it enough to feel like a reward. Or it could be a lump sum given at game release based on kickstarter contribution.
*Early access to new character arch types
*XP bonuses up to certain character levels, the level is determined by your contribution. $500 would mean you get the 5-10% bonus all of the way to the cap.
*If you are going to do a similar crafting system to CoH then recipe of the month, where you get a free random recipe in the mail once a month. The number of months is based on your kickstarter contribution; for example, $50 could get you 2 months, $500 could get you 12 months. This could be something you give as a perk for subbing. Someone that kickstarts and subs gets 2 recipes per month for the time rewarded by KS amount.
*A premium enhancement pack to start the game with. Maybe a blue IO set that you can slot at level 20 and pretty much out-level by 32.
*gear that gives you a small bonus that in essence times out. AOC gave a ring in the collector's edition that gave you a vitality bonus and a small XP bonus, I think it was 3%. The 3% went away at level 40, and the ring was not that great without it. Something like that would be very nice to start the game with.
*Week long passes to give to friends, maybe one per $20 invested up to 12.
*$100 gets you a second game code that is a basic no-frills version. You could give that to a friend (I'd give it to my wife) or use it as a 2nd account. Every investment of $100 after that gets another non-bonused game code, up to a cap of 3-5. Make it so that someone who gets one of these codes can upgrade to a 'premium' version for less than the cost of a 'boxed' game.
*Unique costume pieces that you guarantee will be unique for at least a year.
*A unique travel power that will be given at the first major game patch, and is guaranteed to stay unique for at least a year after release.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Things I think would be nice Rewards...
1. Unique costumes and power visual effects.
2. Unique title and badges
3. Long cooldown group summon and/or group resurrection ability.
4. Copy of the game, or a few game codes to get friends addicted. :)

Just a few quick ideas while bored at work.
Ooooh. Yes group recall/rez (with LONG cooldown).
I second this!

-Griff

Lazarus

Postby Lazarus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Things I'd like as rewards:

1) Badges! Badges badges badges! (I might have been a big badge lover in CoH)
2) A cool title or aura
3) An ability to color-customize the UI for my version of the game (if that's not implemented right away)
4) The ability to reserve a name
5) An extra version of the game to give to a friend (because everything's better when your friends share your obsessions)

These are just some suggestions.

NitroCipher

Postby NitroCipher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:00 pm

How about a special emblem that you can use on your characters?

spider750

Postby spider750 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:29 am

A power would be nice. Maybe something that multiplies damage temporarily, or increases monetary unit gain temporarily, etc. I agree that it should be something that will help a person level in the beginning, but still be useful at higher levels if they choose to use it, since it would probably have a long recharge time.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:10 am

1) I think a custom badge and title is probably a given.
2) The ability to name (with final dev approval, of course) things in game. What you can name changes with pledge tier:
a) A statue/plaque.
b) An civilian NPC
c) A mission
d) A power
e) An area
f) A hero/villain NPC
3) Extra game codes to give to friends
4) Lifetime subscription (assuming you're going the subscription model)
5) Vanity pet
6) Forum title/badge
7) Custom aura/cape/SG logo designs
8) Early-access to alpha/beta/patches
9) Meet the team:
a) On skype/hangouts
b) In person
10) Character and Supergroup name reservation
11) "Temporary" powers:
a) Self-rez
b) Group-rez
c) Group summon
d) Quick return-to-safe-place TP
e) Brief defensive force-field (stops attacks in and out)
12) References to your character in in-game lore or back-story events.
13) Your character appears on posters or signs.
14) Ability to carry a character over from beta to live with current level/enhancements, etc.
15) Real world trinkets - character figurines, posters, badges, fridge magnets, playing cards.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 am

Beta Access
Special Cape
Unique Aura
In-Game Title
Early Access (Like 48 hours) to game launch
Name on an in-game plaque
Building Named after donor
Ability to name an NPC
Free digital download and 1 month of game
Original backer #122.

Angel Phoenix77

Postby Angel Phoenix77 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

This is a great idea :), What I would think is,
a unique non combat pet: a cat or something else. for the lower end donors.
a unique combat pet for a higher tier.
for the higher donors they should be able to name a non combat npc.
from the next higher donor they should be able to name a mob.
next have a pedestal of their character.
the highest donors should be able to go and meet and dine with the developers.
all donors of $75 or more should have a free unique player house.

MrFreedom

Postby MrFreedom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 am

Great Ideas so far:

Going to double up some ideas too!

A real life model of the ship. Kind of like the Star-Wars X-Wing table top game. Can be like 6-10 inches long for great detail.
Code or codes to give away!
Special Cape.
Special Aura.
Help design a Giant Monster.
Help design an Enemy Group.
Help design a story arch.
Help design a Task Force
Name a world the ship will visit.
A statue of all the contributors with plaque. Lore check wise - Earth bound heroes who helped the ship get into space. (might end up being a huge plaque)
Claim a Char name.
Any beta access
Claim a super-group name
Night out with the developers.
48 hour early access.
If travel powers are not at level 1. - Temp travel power when game goes live.

Meridian

Postby Meridian » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Name Reservation
The ability to reserve a name should be a $1/name add-on for any pledge level, assuming multiple servers.
If there's only going to be one server at launch, then $2/name.
Of course various pledge levels will give free reservations; this is just for players with severe alt-itis, or those donating at a lower pledge level who don't care about the other perks.

Travel Power
KS tiers can grant Travel Power earlier. This was a huge pain when you had 8 characters. Of course it's great to explore the game (slogging) on foot with your first character, but this gets old real fast with #'s 2 through 8.
Feel free to say it doesn't unlock for all slots until one slot is level 10 (or whatever).
I realize CoH eventually lowered the Travel requirement after a long time, but it still created a situation where at low levels you may not be enjoying the game with your shiny new character, you are just powerleveling as a chore. Leave that to WoW.
Also even if you enjoy running on foot with unenhanced sprint, your higher level teammates don't.

Effects
They can also grant special Power effects. I remember CoH had special/restricted particle effects or colors available for Travel Powers. Was that based on pre-order? Anyway, you could make a handful of special effects for each Power Set. Adding and reserving a few more colors would take very little additional development time.
I'd suggest reserving true white and true black for KS only. Everyone else can have off-white or -black, but not true 0/0/0 255/255/255.

Guild Pledge
Special icons for your Guild/members and special items for your Guild housing.
Special Guild perks...more storage, more entrances--it all depends on what Guilds will offer.
5% XP boost to Guild members. This is a very small boost but would be incredibly prestigious and desirable for alts.
You start with your Guild at Day 1/Level 1 and can reserve the name, of course.

Mega Pledge
Includes additional memberships/subscriptions/accounts to give to your friends who are cheap or on-the-fence. Or family members who aren't that into gaming (or on an allowance).
Also some people have been more successful since CoH than others and might be in a position to help out some friends without making them feel guilty about charity. "Hey, my Kickstarter included this free paid account, you might as well use it."

Mega Guild Pledge
Includes a boatload of additional memberships, plus Guild perks. This is not for the faint of heart or light of wallet.

Flying Car
Or any other vehicle. Make it a simple platform at launch and make it more stylish later.
The idea being your friends can all get in and you can fly from mission to mission or Task Force checkpoint to checkpoint.
This is super cool without providing any in-game advantage, per se.
What it would give you in tangible benefits is:
1) The ability to move lower levels whose travel powers aren't fully enhanced or leveled.
2) The ability to let people go AFK after task/mission completion long enough for a bio break, but the rest of the party doesn't have to wait for them to arrive at the next location.
3) It would only work on the global map, not in instances. Feel free to make it disappear if any passenger takes damage, if you don't want it to be used for shenanigans.
[Although consider making it usable during global events on the open maps.]

You could also sell these later for real world money, but the KS flying car (or whatever) would never be available again.
It doesn't need to be a fancy Fantasticar, it can just be a simple disc at launch.
For that matter, it wouldn't even need to be ready at launch, it can come later.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 2fbcd9.jpg

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 am

don't want any thing special Just my toon name... Eulb ... and yes good story lines.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “Kickstarter Discussion”