How many Hero's per account?

OnePunchMan

How many Hero's per account?

Postby OnePunchMan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:53 pm

I imagine this has been asked already but how many heros can you make per account?

GladDog

Re: How many Hero's per account?

Postby GladDog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:38 pm

This has not yet been decided. The team is leaning towards 8 slots with the ability to add more via mission rewards. And these will be an item I the cash shop when it releases. Also, if you donate to certain levels you can get extra character slots.

But nothing is set in stone. If you have an idea about this, speak up! The team wants to hear it.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm

This has not yet been decided. The team is leaning towards 8 slots with the ability to add more via mission rewards. And these will be an item I the cash shop when it releases. Also, if you donate to certain levels you can get extra character slots.

But nothing is set in stone. If you have an idea about this, speak up! The team wants to hear it.
I like to think that at least 10 Slots would be standard in all MMOs. But the reality shows that number can be fewer than 8, or more than 10 at start.

Regardless, I still think 10 would be a good number, because I like Alts! :D :lol: :)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Apparition

Postby Apparition » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 am

I could have sworn that I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it in this thread nor do I see it in my post history, so... *Shrug.*

Anyhoo, eight character slots to start off with sounds good. Then add an additional two free character slots when Commanders are released, and an additional two free character slots when Controllers are released, for a total of twelve character slots.

OnePunchMan

Postby OnePunchMan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 pm

I think 8 to start sounds great! I like the idea of both being able to receive free slots via game progression as well as by donation tier and or cash shop. I personally think everyone would want 10 but it feels a bit too much to give us at the game start

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Personally I’m leaning towards more. 10 to 20ish because we will only have one server. CoH had 15 servers with 8 slots each - 120 character slots to start with. From there you could earn more through the cash shop or veteran rewards.

I’m not a alt-alcoholic myself, but I have known many people who were and I want to suck them down the rabbit hole with SoH. Not have them look at SoH and saying “only eight slots? 😡” and get discouraged.

If nothing else the cash app needs to be up and running with the option of buying extra slots ASAP after launch.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:20 am

Just to repeat, nothing is set in stone as far as how many character slots you get. I like the idea of 2 per available AT, and the ability to earn more. Also, you can add them via donations. If they have Founders Packs, they will likely have Character slots and tailor sessions included in those.

Many people are happy with just a few slots. The 8-10 included would be plenty for them. Others want 3 digits worth of character slots. For those that are satisfied with just a few then when the rewards come up in a TF, a character slot is not something that will tempt them.

But for most of us, what an agonizing choice at the end of a Task Force!

DO YOU CHOOSE:
A character slot (There would likely be a limit on how many you can add this way)
A high level recipe based on your AT
A random dual aspect enhancement
A dual aspect temp power
A random epic recipe
A random costume piece (account wide)
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:02 pm

DO YOU CHOOSE:
A character slot (There would likely be a limit on how many you can add this way)
A high level recipe based on your AT
A random dual aspect enhancement
A dual aspect temp power
A random epic recipe
A random costume piece (account wide)
I hate you so much right now :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Oh sheesh, I hate the thought of a random costume piece unless it's intelligent enough to not give you something you already have and not something your character can't use! Those sorts of things, where you get the same useless drop time after time after time really wind me up in MMO's!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 am

My 2 cents worth: 8 slots should be perfect at start, that gives 2 slots per Archetype. Being able to earn more via certain quests, donation tiers or in-game cash shop should work well. This also gives some room for adding more slots as they expand content.

(I'm an alt-oholic, sometimes a bit too overboard)
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Return to “Ask the Devs”