CONCEPT BUILDS

POSSUMNUTS

CONCEPT BUILDS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Just a thought. What if, Eventually when multi-value augments come out, you could go to a location where you can create and save a concept build and see the values of each power with set bonuses? Like MIDS hero designer built into this game. This would allow players to “perfect” their build in accordance with their play style. Another game within the game. Like an after market augment shop. Thoughts or opinions?

gemini

Re: CONCEPT BUILDS

Postby gemini » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:15 am

I like this idea as a 'future' addition - especially when we start getting into higher levels and have more complex choices.

I'm a theorycrafter and optimizer at heart, -- MIDS, WoW's talent calculators, I love it all.

I even spend hours thinking about my choices at level up for my D&D characters (yes I'm the party wizard, yes I'm a huge nerd)

Kelvinkole

Postby Kelvinkole » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:35 pm

I am also a huge theorycrafter and dedicated min/maxer. I've used some version of a build generator in every rpg I've played and analyzed after aspect of it. I like this idea, BUT I don't see it as a valuable use of developer time if a third party is likely to create and maintain it...and that usually happens for popular games.

What I would love is some kind of in game test environment (training room) to create, test, tweak, etc. Maybe that's what you meant? Since the game takes place in the future, make it a Total Recall type experience, allowing you to live a different life in a controlled environment for a time.

Ridgeman

Postby Ridgeman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Well, if it isn't included at launch, I'm sure someone (much more technologically advanced than I am) will put one together. I agree - once I found out about MIDS, I never looked back.

Return to “Ask the Devs”