Say No to Gambling Boxes

Solarverse

Say No to Gambling Boxes

Postby Solarverse » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I have played MMOs since Asheron's Call. I remember a time before the existence of Gambling Boxes. Since the introduction of Gambling Boxes that was brought forth by the Japanese and Chinese gaming industries, I have come to view them as nothing more than a Developer preying upon people's gambling addictions. I have played many MMO's faithfully...until they start with their own version of these Gambling Boxes...at which time I leave the game. I played DCUO from day one until a few months ago when they introduced their own version of these gambling boxes. I hated to leave that game, but I refuse to support any company who resorts to these tactics. I have no issues with an in game store, where you can pay real money to buy things of fluff, but buying boxes and having no clue what you will get when you open them...is highway robbery. I sincerely hope the Developers share my distaste for Gambling Boxes...and I ask of you, please never let that type of greed to consume your company. I will gladly pay real life extra money for items in an H-Store (Hero Store?) as long as I know exactly what I am buying and not some random chance to get what I want...but the boxes will only serve to chase a player like myself away from the game and never return. Hope this is something you have discussed with each other...and I pray that you have come to a similar conclusion.

Thank you! :)

Griffin

Re: Say No to Gambling Boxes

Postby Griffin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:00 pm

I agree to this 100%

I had no problem with bonus packs and content, but the gambling piece is unneeded and unwanted.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:00 pm

If the boxes are /unpaid/ for, or at least, can be earnt that way, I have no problem. LoL recently added boxes you get by getting a high rating for a game, which is fine, IMO - it's an extra that I didn't get before. But yes, boxes you would pay actual currency for, with a random reward? Yeah, no.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Bacteria

Postby Bacteria » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:18 pm

+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Just say "No" to box-related &^%#$@!

Return to “Ask the Devs”