Supergroup Ranks

Novaterian

Supergroup Ranks

Postby Novaterian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:34 am

So I’m wondering with the supergroups are there going to be any ranks within the group? The main example I can give is like in DCUO where you can name several different ranks and give them different responsibilities. Is there going to be anything like that?

If there is already a post about this if you could direct me to it that would help as well. Thank you for all you guys are doing!
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

indigowulf

Re: Supergroup Ranks

Postby indigowulf » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:38 pm

This would definitely be useful. Most games with any sort of guild system do this- guild leader, 2nd in command, and so on. Some are allowed to schedule raids on a guild calendar (another thing I'd love to see!) and you can decide who's allowed to invite people to the guild, or hear officers chat, etc.

So yeah, expanding on OP, I'd love to see group ranks, officers chat, and group calendar for scheduling events.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm

no formal wording yet but I see no reason why they wouldn't do that.

also I would like for the SG leader to be able to name what each position is. for instance change leader to Gold, second, third and fourth to Unobtainium , Platinum, and Silver (you know all the lesser metals).
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

There was something sort of inevitable about Golden Ace wanting the top tier of a supergroup to be called 'Gold'...

Sounds like a good idea though, and it's one that is done in nearly every MMO that has player run guilds/supergroups. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do that.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Novaterian

Postby Novaterian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 pm

no formal wording yet but I see no reason why they wouldn't do that.

also I would like for the SG leader to be able to name what each position is. for instance change leader to Gold, second, third and fourth to Unobtainium , Platinum, and Silver (you know all the lesser metals).
I feel like I could be a solid Chromium or Tin rank for sure haha.
Another thing I’ve always wanted to see, and this is something you could add later, but in higher populated guilds/leagues I’ve always thought they should allow you to create sub factions. So say you grow too huge you can split it up into essentially two or three groups but you’re all still under the same name and maybe just a separate faction name to go with it. Like say I’m with League FancyPants sub faction Team Bow tie. Or maybe I’m in League Fancy Pants sub faction Dress Shirt. Something like that. So maybe the titles could say FancyPants-Team Bow tie. Or FancyPants-Dress Shirt. Stupid examples but I think it gets my point out there.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:14 am

There was something sort of inevitable about Golden Ace wanting the top tier of a supergroup to be called 'Gold'...

Sounds like a good idea though, and it's one that is done in nearly every MMO that has player run guilds/supergroups. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do that.
yep you are definitely right - he is obsessed with gold :D

but I do agree too :)
there should be the possibility to define group positions combined with rights like
- guest (able to enter the base)
- basic (being able to use teleporters, Lab)
- regular (being able to use the storage room)
- advanced (being able to invite new members)
- administrative (able to work on the base, make investments or contracts with other SGs)
- leading board (fire members, erase contracts shut down SG

maybe even better those possibilities could be chosen seperately and so one could maybe have one with only the administrative right to build being called the Architect - or stuff like that ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “Ask the Devs”