Wiki PLANS?

Ravynwynd

Wiki PLANS?

Postby Ravynwynd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Will the Devs be updating or adding more content to this Wiki?

Welcome to the Ship of Heroes Wiki

broxen

Re: Wiki PLANS?

Postby broxen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm not a Dev. But let me respond here, as I'm the one that created the Community Wiki project to begin with.

Originally, I started the wiki because I was hungry for more information about Ship of Heroes, and how the various lore and mechanics would all fit together. I created sohwiki.com using the wikidot platform, as I have other projects on there already. I worked on it for some time, trying to organize and consolidate information as much as possible, but eventually I moved on to other endeavors. As been mentioned elsewhere on the forums I'm an active contributor to the SEGS project, looking to recreate a server for the original game. It consumes a large chunk of my spare time now. You can google us if you're curious =P

Since it's inception, two people have stepped up to contribute to the wiki: LunaWisp, and SnowMiser. It is actively updated: the last edit was made Oct 11, so not too long ago.

Really, I write all of this to say that ANYONE can join and contribute! The whole idea behind creating the wiki was that it should be a community project. I still drop in occasionally to see the updates, and check for new applicants, but I've also made SnowMiser an admin, so he can approve anyone as well.

Eventually, it might make sense to move the wiki to it's own mediawiki platform (migration isn't too difficult with wikidot). But for now, I think wikidot provides a read-out-of-the-box solution that should allow contributors to make additions pretty easily.
-Broxen

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 am

Looks like I'll have to make some new friends here. Thank you for the input.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 am

Yes, we are trying to figure out the best way to add to the wiki. Right now on of our devs is working on listing the powersets that we have, and expect to have at launch, for the wiki.

If anyone wants to shout out some information that they would like to see added next, please do so. :)

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:19 am

Probably a good place to remind people we have a TV tropes entry too:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... ipOfHeroes

:D
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “Ask the Devs”