Teens and Skinny Heroes

Ravynwynd

Teens and Skinny Heroes

Postby Ravynwynd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 am

Will the Devs add to their scale system teen body and face types?

Through my observation of players, especially role-players that want to have a teen boy; that player will use a female and flatten her chest as much as possible, and pick haircuts that seem boyish. These players do this, because the modeling is either Hulk body, Super-man body, or Iron-man body. But it is not easy to create a teen body.

Could there also be a TEEN stance, run, walk, fly?

The male heroes I create are as lean or thin as I can have them; gangling.

Often chest are a bit too buff for what I'm trying for in a Hero.

Think a young Peter Parker. I'm wanting a nimble Hero like Nightcrawler. Not a Nightcrawler with a chest like Superman or Hulk, etc.

Inkaris

Re: Teens and Skinny Heroes

Postby Inkaris » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:20 pm

And don't forget the other side of the scale.

Create an old locking Ancient Master or a Wizard sounds very appealing to me. 8-)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm

It is a staggering amount of work for programmers and artists to add a body type to a game that will be known for it's costumes. I would not expect new body types to be added any time soon. The three they have; standard male, standard female and huge male, are all I am expecting to see until at least the 2021-2022 time frame.

There is a lot of freedom to design faces, probably Black Desert Online level of freedom. So a teen face would probably not be a problem.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Not to sound like a dork.

But. Basically the same thing that other Hero games have provided.

It would be GREAT to see them go beyond Standard Issue Default, to go that extra mile. If a nose or breasts can be scaled, I suspect ratios for mass can be scaled.

And yes, I sincerely believe it would be complex to do this. But. In the end, they would be the FIRST. And yes the costume is important, but it is the character that is the hero not the costume. Thankfully there are the Standard Issue Three sizes as compared to the one size found in World of Warcraft, Humans/Orcs/Nightelf males all having the same He-Man of the Universe body.

Take things to the next level. Push the envelope to the limit.

Who knows. Maybe a future expansion or update, anything is possible. Once upon a time, the speed limit in California was 55. I was told at one time it was 75. I would ask people, "Can the speed limit be changed?" I was told, "It will never happen." Years and years later it changed to 70. The people said, "never" and yet, it changed.

Anything can happen. Right?

Anyways. What is wonderful, is that Ship of Heroes is looking like it's really becoming a Super mmorpg.

Hat's off to the Dev's.

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Or the Tried and True scaling. Create a Female and flatten her chest and call her a teen dude.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:05 pm

yes back in 1973 you could drive 75 all over the united states. but during the oil crises the president and congress enacted the change making it illegal to drive faster than 55. a gallon of gas back then was around 30 cents. during the oil crises some stations were selling gas for over a dollar a gallon. :shock:
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:20 am

Well, there is some good news to report. We did an Alpha on the Character Creation Tool over a year ago and got somevery good feedback from the community.

One of the requested items was a sort of global morph to reduce the muscularity of a character. We more or less have that working, as part of an overall review and edit of all of the morphs we were initially using. The global muscularity morph is new, along with a lot of other options.

We plan to roll out something to show the new features of the CCT in the new few months. I'm not sure if this will truly be the lean gangling teen look, but it will move a considerable amount in that direction. But I would say that getting a gangly character out of the big guy model is not going to work for you, given the picture I've formed of what you are trying to achieve. You will want to start with one of the other two models.

We already have very young faces -- the issue we are working on now is giving some additional options for maturity, including facial hair.

Inkaris

Postby Inkaris » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:12 am

Thx...great news! 8-)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:08 am

yes back in 1973 you could drive 75 all over the united states. but during the oil crises the president and congress enacted the change making it illegal to drive faster than 55. a gallon of gas back then was around 30 cents. during the oil crises some stations were selling gas for over a dollar a gallon. :shock:
well lucky you guys :)
A Gallon of gas costs approximately 5 Dollars here :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 am

well lucky you guys :)
A Gallon of gas costs approximately 5 Dollars here :)

but to stick with the thought - I think the morphing might be able to achieve most in that direction but to add a question here (propably not the brightest but who knows):

will it be possible to reduce the general size of a body so the body parts do still fit in question of proportion or do we have to reduce any part of the body as a single one until the proportions fit again?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:57 am

Well, there is some good news to report. We did an Alpha on the Character Creation Tool over a year ago and got somevery good feedback from the community.

One of the requested items was a sort of global morph to reduce the muscularity of a character. We more or less have that working, as part of an overall review and edit of all of the morphs we were initially using. The global muscularity morph is new, along with a lot of other options.

We plan to roll out something to show the new features of the CCT in the new few months. I'm not sure if this will truly be the lean gangling teen look, but it will move a considerable amount in that direction. But I would say that getting a gangly character out of the big guy model is not going to work for you, given the picture I've formed of what you are trying to achieve. You will want to start with one of the other two models.

We already have very young faces -- the issue we are working on now is giving some additional options for maturity, including facial hair.
Any of your dev team played dragon dogma? The character creation for body shape and type in that was very extensive, and let you build anything from a 13-year old to a 93-year old, yet still included super-buff cliche heroic builds too. And from what I can tell, all off the one set of animations (there's only one person listed as the mo-cap for the lead character in the credits). Just a thought.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Thank you Consultant.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:09 pm

I definitely want to support the idea of allowing us to create aa cup people. While it's fun to mock the superhero stereotype by making gravity defying triple F boobs, it'd be nice to create more realistic people as well, or create ourselves.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Return to “Ask the Devs”