Costume request thread

A1fighter

Costume request thread

Postby A1fighter » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:46 pm

I discovered City of Titans has a costume request thread so I thought we could use one.

Dying Breath

Re: Costume request thread

Postby Dying Breath » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Like this one?

Or perhaps this one?

I think I'm missing one or two as well, but we have had attempts to start this kind of thread. Perhaps we need access to the character creator so that we can find out what we're missing? Please? With sugar on top?

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Figures, no action. That explains it. I was sure a costume suggestion thread would have been booming, so I never bothered to search.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:57 am

I guess that thread is being covered in so many variations already, that people decided, that it is the time to wait, what will be around when the beta actually starts.
I am pretty sure, when people start playing that question will reappear and will have their visitors.
I for my part remember writing about costumes way more often, than just in those two threads which Dying Breath has shown ;)

and by the way, why and how should it be "booming"? We have a few very creative players here who tend to write "whole books" about their ideas and most people see them and agree and then there are a few more who add one or two ideas (I myself added a few dozen ideas altogether here and there) and thats it. Most of the times its just about some general thoughts anyway like Elemental Look, Energy Look, robot Look, Animal Look etc. After that procedure most people just wait and like I mentioned before propably will get back to it, when they are missing something bad enough. But thats how it is: Most of the times people don´t notice something missing before they don´t see the rest or are searching for it
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm

We know the Devs are always adding to the creator but the thread is a good place to throw in suggestions. You see what things a lot of the community agree they would want also. It is just a tool to help guide the Devs as they add to the creator. They are always open to input, so why not? The threads on the CoT forums have been going on for years and people are still posting ideas of things they would like to see.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:15 am

We know the Devs are always adding to the creator but the thread is a good place to throw in suggestions. You see what things a lot of the community agree they would want also. It is just a tool to help guide the Devs as they add to the creator. They are always open to input, so why not? The threads on the CoT forums have been going on for years and people are still posting ideas of things they would like to see.
nothing against that - I just stated, that the topic has been around a while and a lot of ideas have been mentioned already.
The only sense this one would make - except giving newones a propably more obvious plattform is if someone would take the time to collect all the ideas, which have been posted already in the last years
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:34 am

Oh and by the way

There is a thread which has exactly the same name, which has been posted on general discussion (on the first page too)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:12 pm

A1fighter ty for your posting ...
Figures, no action. That explains it. I was sure a costume suggestion thread would have been booming, so I never bothered to search.
there will be an on going addition to the costume creator as the ship grows in numbers ... as the ship gets more DEV's to join the team...
I'm am 100% sure that the Costume's are top priority for the DEV's and there will be a constant addition to the CC as the ship grows ...

Warhead ty for you resposce ...
you are so right ...
Adding to what you said what we where as a super -hero will always be added to and changing ... just like in real life i don't ware the same shirt all the time and as new shirts come available ill try them on and decide to get that one ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Well I am just going to throw something out there :lol: .

Parts like these robots.

I feel like Oriental superheroes never get any love in superhero mmo. Speaking of CoT, they will offer the option to farm or buy hard to get styles. I think this is a great idea since costumes utilize resources. This is what DCUO fans have been clamoring for since day one.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:12 am

Well I am just going to throw something out there :lol: .

Parts like these robots.

I feel like Oriental superheroes never get any love in superhero mmo. Speaking of CoT, they will offer the option to farm or buy hard to get styles. I think this is a great idea since costumes utilize resources. This is what DCUO fans have been clamoring for since day one.
well if it is any comfort - I like the robo/tech style you are showing here :)

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:22 am

Something could be done...we're looking into it, A1Fighter. No promises, but we are looking.

So right now we are working on getting a core of costumes ready to go for the login test. We've made some critical technical improvements to our plan for how the game works, and these improvements affect costume design and organization (not appearance) so we are grinding through our existing costumes making sure they are all up to spec.

That having been said, we also have a couple of costumes in the hopper, that we have not shown previously.

Small team...we got ahead of ourselves creating, but not revealing. Now we are working to catch up.

It's important in making an MMO to keep the art side and the code side balanced and not to have one or the other too far ahead.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:06 am

Small team...we got ahead of ourselves creating, but not revealing. Now we are working to catch up.

It's important in making an MMO to keep the art side and the code side balanced and not to have one or the other too far ahead.
Hello Consultant
This is good!!! Stick to building a compact working good quality game and then expand form there. :)

May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Return to “Ask the Devs”