P2P or F2P?

jaberus

P2P or F2P?

Postby jaberus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I was wondering would this be F2P or P2P, I am hoping for P2P to stray away from the cash shop. I really don't mind dropping $15 a month to play this game, the Idea of a cash shop would honestly ruin the game for me. Hope to hear back from you guys.

GladDog

Re: P2P or F2P?

Postby GladDog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

The game will be free to acquire, and sub to play. If they have a cash shop in the future it will be C&C (cosmetic and convenience) only. They may have Founders Packs, but that is still up in the air.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blaze Rocker

Distribution Plans?

Postby Blaze Rocker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm

If I've missed this elsewhere, sorry. What are the distribution plans? Will HGC put the game on Steam or another service or will we get to bypass those with the game's own launching mechanism like CoH had in its early days?

I'd prefer something away from a mega-launching service like Steam, because if Steam goes down or has trouble then you can't access any of your games that are connected to it.
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm pretty sure they will use Amazon for distribution - They will be using Amazon server systems to host the game, so that would flow the best.

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:00 pm

The game will be free to acquire, and sub to play. If they have a cash shop in the future it will be C&C (cosmetic and convenience) only. They may have Founders Packs, but that is still up in the air.
I did not know it was free to acquire. Do you guys think that is wise? That's income for the dev team that you are passing up on. I was looking forward to paying for the initial install disc or online download.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Being free makes it seem kind of... how can I put this, not as important or satisfying to have. Cheap per say.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 pm

I did not know it was free to acquire. Do you guys think that is wise? That's income for the dev team that you are passing up on. I was looking forward to paying for the initial install disc or online download.
agreed. even if it's only $20 with 1 month free subscription with download. (net $5) that's still money they can use.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:12 pm

agreed. even if it's only $20 with 1 month free subscription with download. (net $5) that's still money they can use.
Thanks Golden Ace, maybe they should do a poll to see how people feel about paying for the initial game. What do you think?

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 pm

I myself would definintly pay upwards of $50 or more just to have that keepsake.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:26 pm

I went to Consultant's house to interview him, and that is when I found out their pay model.

I really think that Founders Packs that become Bonus Packs are the way to go. Let people get into the game to check it out for the sub fee (likely $15 USD a month), and make the bonus packs really appealing.

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:32 pm

I went to Consultant's house to interview him, and that is when I found out their pay model.

I really think that Founders Packs that become Bonus Packs are the way to go. Let people get into the game to check it out for the sub fee (likely $15 USD a month), and make the bonus packs really appealing.
I think I see their reasoning here. Get new people into the game without having to spend too much. Increasing exposure and income as well. Thanks GladDog.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm

They are not Blizzard, and even then, there is an old saying in the gaming community

"I bought the game, I should not have to pay to play it"

It is wise to have the game free to purchase because they are not a AAA enterprise but a small team. People like free stuff. Free will lure them in to sub most likely. A limited free trail would be a nice lure trap as-well.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 pm

free will also flood us with dust farmers
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am

free will also flood us with dust farmers
This is one thing the dev team want to keep under control, as seeing the chat flooded with dust spam is quite family un-freindly.

There won't be any free trials for a while, and when they do have them, they will be for periods of time when they have lots of mod help to watch for farmers. Even if you don't allow mail access or trading, these dust farmers always find a way to get the goods into the players hands, since you can't totally handcuff trial players that are actually trying the game. Banning players and their IP address's will help, although these guys are bulldogs if they have a way to turn their virtual stuff into cash...

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 am

You could allow free to play for all for a limited time on a dedicated server that is used only for that purpose. Nobody would farm on such a server as it is pointless.

Return to “Ask the Devs”