4K Video

WarHammer

4K Video

Postby WarHammer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Will the game support 4K video and will it support SLI graphics?

Galactus55

Re: 4K Video

Postby Galactus55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 pm

I would say if your rig can run 4K or higher.
So will the game.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Was there ever a definitive answer on the SLI support? I'm not on top of the programming of today and I just found out that games now have to be made to support it because of changes to Windows.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Native SLI support is built into UE4. That said, to get the full benefit of SLI, it has to be designed into the game. IMO 4K is a waste, but I am pretty sure that 4K support is in UE4 as well. Once again, to get more than just upscaling 1080p to 4K (which is not true 4K - this is what most Blue Ray players are doing with 4K discs), it needs to be designed into the game, and that is a lot of extra work, work a team the size of HGC probably can't afford. Not to say that native 4K won't ever be in the game, but 1080p will probably be it at release. But just like CoH getting a graphics upgrade around issue 10, if SoH lasts a long, long time I could see a graphics upgrade being applied.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Native SLI support is built into UE4. That said, to get the full benefit of SLI, it has to be designed into the game.
So is that a yes that I can get better graphics with SLI from SoH or is this a no that SoH won't support it at launch but could support it later on?

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 am

You will get a small boost from SLI right now. I am uncertain if the dev team will add more robust SLI support later, as that will require a big effort and commitment.

Expect a 10-15% boost from an SLI rig in SoH. In other words, I would not spend the cash for a 2nd video card if the only reason is to get better graphics out of SoH. That equals to about 4-8 FPS for most machines.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:57 pm

You will get a small boost from SLI right now. I am uncertain if the dev team will add more robust SLI support later, as that will require a big effort and commitment.

Expect a 10-15% boost from an SLI rig in SoH. In other words, I would not spend the cash for a 2nd video card if the only reason is to get better graphics out of SoH. That equals to about 4-8 FPS for most machines.
Thanks for the answer. My active machine is running one card but I have an inactive machine with the exact same card and I was thinking about putting them together so I wouldn't have to buy a new card so soon.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

If you already have a 2nd card, and you have no plans to use the inactive machine any time soon, I would go ahead and try the SLI setup. You will get a minor boost for any game, and a small boost (the aforementioned 10-15%) for any UE3 or UE4 game, and if you do play any SLI supported games, such as DOOM 2016, you will see a HUGE boost. All I was saying is that I would not BUY another card just for SoH. Since you already have the card, why not try it?

Make sure you have enough power supply to run two cards. A relatively modern video card needs at least a 400W PSU, and 550W for SLI. Your cards may need even more if they have 8 pin power plugs, or a pair of 6 pin power plugs. If you have a 700W or bigger power supply, you should be fine, no matter what cards you have.

*EDIT* Make sure you have an SLI bridge!

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 am

I would say if your rig can run 4K or higher.
So will the game.
To further what I meant. In Paragon Chat that is based on the COH engine.
You don't need SLI to get 4K resolution. Below is a link to ascreen shot of Pargon Chat set to 4K.
So if your rig can run 4K so will SOH. ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W47hmwTciSiUXb2K8
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Return to “Ask the Devs”