Creating pets

Gamegod

Re: Creating pets

Postby Gamegod » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 pm

There comes a point when the wants become way too much. Just do what you can do Devs. What you have done so far is already more than what we have.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Indigowulf ... a pack or wolfs neat...
That would be really neat. Say I have the animals set (sorry, it's the one I want most lol) and I have a small pack of wolves as my base pets, then I earn the elementals through missions, now I could swap the wolves for snowmen? I like it.
differently earning the pets ... and the pets we want ... and no i don't want to be given one or two sets to choose from ... I would like to choose the ones I want
COH game us set choices ,,, Robots ,,, thugs ... un-dead... So if I want all the same I could pick all the same ... but if i want all different let me pick all different ones ...

Consultant you said ...
Are we talking about given a Commander option to earn pets with new appearances, as a result of doing special mission, or the option of earning pets with different powers/ classes?
Would we be letting a Commander have four tanking pets, for example, or an all-ranged-damage set of pets, assuming that this was not the standard arrangement?
I agree with you on the earning part and please do not let them/that or the missions be easy ... Please take into consideration that the choice we make could follow a set pattern like ... 1st pet -- tank ( shields) ... 2nd pet -- devastator ( ranged ) ... 3nd pet -- healer ( support ) or something along this line ... letting you DEV's decide ... but we get to decide the pet ...

Knowing that the Comanders will not be out at launch ... we got time to dream .... don't we ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 am

There comes a point when the wants become way too much. Just do what you can do Devs. What you have done so far is already more than what we have.
of course there is that point - the question is not what we want but what we are satisfied with.
After all this place is a place, where anyone can be creative and give input and if it goes very well one helps the Devs with creative ideas.
So I believe the fans can dream big as long as they realize, that it is just that - a dream.
If that dream stays a dream, than that is how it is, if it becomes reality than it is fine too - and if it just becomes reality because they good the idea from the replies here then they were the right ones to write - but you never know in advance so why not dare sharing them? The problem only arises if people cannot accept what is going on and want to force their stuff into the game and won´t be satisfied with anything less - but I don´t think that we currently have that kind of community.

Of course I also know they do the best they can and that it is good what they are doing (as I have the feeling) but this here is not about complaints it is just about ideas - as being encouraged by the Devs themselves. A big team, could do the creative brainstorming all by themselves. A small one - no matter how good and creative - can always profit from the thoughts of their community.
I hope you realize that.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 am

Indigowulf ... a pack or wolfs neat...
That would be really neat. Say I have the animals set (sorry, it's the one I want most lol) and I have a small pack of wolves as my base pets, then I earn the elementals through missions, now I could swap the wolves for snowmen? I like it.
differently earning the pets ... and the pets we want ... and no i don't want to be given one or two sets to choose from ... I would like to choose the ones I want
COH game us set choices ,,, Robots ,,, thugs ... un-dead... So if I want all the same I could pick all the same ... but if i want all different let me pick all different ones ...

Consultant you said ...
Are we talking about given a Commander option to earn pets with new appearances, as a result of doing special mission, or the option of earning pets with different powers/ classes?
Would we be letting a Commander have four tanking pets, for example, or an all-ranged-damage set of pets, assuming that this was not the standard arrangement?
I agree with you on the earning part and please do not let them/that or the missions be easy ... Please take into consideration that the choice we make could follow a set pattern like ... 1st pet -- tank ( shields) ... 2nd pet -- devastator ( ranged ) ... 3nd pet -- healer ( support ) or something along this line ... letting you DEV's decide ... but we get to decide the pet ...

Knowing that the Comanders will not be out at launch ... we got time to dream .... don't we ???
Yep this is all about dreams :D
And I agree a pattern is important - but I understand, that the question is how we set the pattern.
And I guess that will give the Devs thinking material ;) but until we know we can dream and hope and
if they can and want to realize them, great - if not they will have a good reason and I am positive they will do the best anyway because of the reason where they came from :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Just to clarify a little,in case folks do not want to read every post. Been awhile seen I posted on this thread.

My suggestion has to do with commander pets. In CO & CoH there was a pet powerset. Within that power-set, were a myriad of pets types. When I say pet types, I mean robots, animals, toys (Yes, toys in CO....), etc.

Just gonna copy an idea I seen somewhere.

The gist of "My" idea is giving these pets a degree of customization. Lets take the lions from CoH as an example...
Lets say the default lion skin is the female lion. The customization options are....

Head options:
-Full mane (Now it is a male lion)
-Wild mane (just a DBZ wild hairstyle I suppose)
-Small mane
-Horns
-Helmet
-Gems

Face options:
-Saber-teeth
-Beard
-Markings
-Face guard
-Stripes
-Spots

Body options
-Wings
-Spines
-Armor
-Markings
-Fur
-Mane
-Saddles
-Stripes
-Spots

Tail options:
-Cat tail
-Lion tail
-Small tail
-Furry tail
-Armored tail

With these tweaks, players will most likely never have the same pets. I feel like this could give pets some personality, and maybe even have discussions dedicated to showing off pets. it makes pets more personalized.

I am assuming commander will get a variety of pets like CoH; Just suggesting the ablity to tweak their appearance. As for animations, lets take CoH for example.....

I am referring to customizing the models already in game with options that suit the model. Akin to how heroes have some customization options, but their animations are unchanged.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am

Wow, I do not remember lion pets in COH. Was that really a thing?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 am

Last few months I believe
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Consultant
Wow, I do not remember lion pets in COH. Was that really a thing?
Yep. They were in the Beast Mastery powerset. Right there in the picture in A1fighter's post.
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 am

Last few months I believe
They were part of the MasterMind's Beast Mastery powerset, when it came out. You progressed upwards to, 3 Wolves, then 2 Lionesses, then a Direwolf Boss.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Beast_Mastery
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Ask the Devs”