brawlizard

E3?

Postby brawlizard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Is Heroic Games at E3?
I've not seen anything like that.

Dragonnas Xavier

Re: E3?

Postby Dragonnas Xavier » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm

You have to keep in mind, Brawlizard, that this development team is small. To see just how small, you can check out the About Us tab under Development Team. Also as I understand it, a lot of efforts toward building this game have been voluntary. They depend upon our donations to even keep developing, there is no income for this game (to my knowledge) beyond that because there is no public game yet. So buying their way into E3, especially this year, for a game that won't come out until perhaps 2020 for the official release, isn't feasible. Even as far as spreading the word about the game, they're currently depending on gaming articles and word of mouth.

All of this being said, I feel that the progress made by this small, independent firm is truly fantastic. Their graphic presentations have been amazing, and they're constantly streamlining everything to make sure it runs smoothly. They're also proving that they're all about community interaction and taking our ideas and feelings into consideration. This is going to be about the game, about the community, and not just about raking in as much money as possible like most games out there nowadays.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am

Thank you Drangonnas. Right on the money, except that we really are working toward a release in 2019. :)

We did not go to E3. It's a big conference, and quire expensive. Also, and this could be just me, I don't have it mentally tagged as a kind of PC-based MMO conference. Is that wrong? It could be. Mostly we go to GDC once a year, and maybe to 1-2 of the PAX events. GDC allows us to see suppliers adn code partners, as well as Epic Games, who always has a huge presence. PAX is much more consumer oriented, and allows us to connect with more gamers and with people who have enormous passion for games.

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 am

Yeah, I wasn't criticizing, just curious if they were going or not. GDC is probably a better conference for them since its about networking within the industry rather than the public

Return to “Ask the Devs”