Double XP Weekend

POSSUMNUTS

Double XP Weekend

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Will there be a Double XP weekend to celebrate the launch of the game when it’s time?

GladDog

Re: Double XP Weekend

Postby GladDog » Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 pm

That's well over a year from now! We need a playable game in place before these kind of details are considered.

That said, the release level cap is going to be no higher than 30. I am expecting 25. Do we really need double XP in the beginning? I think double XP may be a consideration when the level cap gets to 35+.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 pm

I like the idea of double xp weekends like COH and other mmo's have had - but I agree with GladDog, I'm not sure it's necessary for the launch weekend. Mainly because when the game first launches I would like to experience it as it was meant to be played, earning xp at the rate in which the SOH devs choose to launch the game with.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 am

I only ever found increased XP rates useful when leveling that fourth or fifth character...

For my first few runs through a game I like to take my time and experience it the way the devs designed it and that's largely impossible to do by rushing to be the first to the level cap and missing most of the content on the way.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 am

I agree - that is a nice to have but definitely not a need to have and for the beginning we should not make it more complicated than necessary
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed May 30, 2018 1:54 pm

I'm kind of thinking the same. We like double XP for events, but maybe not for the launch. It's not a race, it's a journey.

Solari

Postby Solari » Thu May 31, 2018 8:32 am

Ooh, maybe there could be a very rare "inspiration" drop which increases XP gain for a defined period of time. :)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 am

Ooh, maybe there could be a very rare "inspiration" drop which increases XP gain for a defined period of time. :)
That could also be a temp power...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

mereman

Postby mereman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:47 am

I'm not to worried about double XP. May be the way I play but I love the journey to top level, well I did on CoH/CoV. But there must be plenty of missions at each level. For the little I have played other Superhero MMOs that seems a weakness with them. I hate there is only one way to go.

I realise it might take a while to get extra missions made ;)

Can I just add I love the way that the devs take notice of we want to be players, Well done team.
Still in mourning for CoH

Return to “Ask the Devs”