New Healing Powerset?

JoCalibur

New Healing Powerset?

Postby JoCalibur » Sat May 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello! I noticed on the schedule to release that there was something about at a new healing powerset in April. Where can I find more information on this new powerset? I cannot seem to find it. Is there a page that lists all of the known powersets that will be in the game at launch?

GladDog

Re: New Healing Powerset?

Postby GladDog » Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 pm

The set is named 'Healing Nanites' and it is not quite done. I'm sure they will make a video about it when it is finished. This seems like an all-around healing set, like Radiation was.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

JoCalibur

Postby JoCalibur » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 am

Thank you GladDog! Looking forward to hearing more.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sun May 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Hmm....you expect it to be like Radiation? With a name like Healing Nanites, I was thinking more like the Empathy set. Wasn't Radiation more of a debuff with heals?

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Sun May 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Hmm....you expect it to be like Radiation? With a name like Healing Nanites, I was thinking more like the Empathy set. Wasn't Radiation more of a debuff with heals?
A heal, unless you're counting Mutation (a rez). Perhaps GD meant all-around Support set? Radiation had a solid set of debuffs, a heal, a rez, crowd control, a solid if unspectacular buff, and a portable nuke as long as you could had a teammate willing to die for the cause. I could see a similar suite of buffs, debuffs and utility powers for nanites.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Empathy is the only finished healing set at the moment. Healing Nanites is going to be a more well rounded set.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 am

We have an issue: we have one key colleague who does certain things for us on the video, on the powerset wrap-ups and on the Alpha tests (like the upcoming Login Test). We published the schedule and then this team member had two significant issues in his real life within about a month. So we fell a bit behind. Stuff like this is hard to schedule for, but we are back on a plan now. Finishing one video at present, then jumping to some elements of the character and costume optimization for the Login Test, then moving to the Healing Nanites powerset video (where a lot of the work is now done and waiting). Then back to his part of the Login Test.

Somewhere in there we have two partially completed newsletters to publish too. :)

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon May 28, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks for the update. Hope your team mate is back on track and doing well.

Solari

Postby Solari » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:27 am

I hope we will see a kinetics style set alongside pure healing. It was so much fun being in a team with a Kinetics defender in CoH.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:50 am

We have an issue: we have one key colleague who does certain things for us on the video, on the powerset wrap-ups and on the Alpha tests (like the upcoming Login Test). We published the schedule and then this team member had two significant issues in his real life within about a month. So we fell a bit behind. Stuff like this is hard to schedule for, but we are back on a plan now. Finishing one video at present, then jumping to some elements of the character and costume optimization for the Login Test, then moving to the Healing Nanites powerset video (where a lot of the work is now done and waiting). Then back to his part of the Login Test.

Somewhere in there we have two partially completed newsletters to publish too. :)
I don´t know your colleague but still I wanted to wish him/her all the best for his life and that whatever it is will get better (if possible) or he/she will find the necessary strength to come through it. If possible let him/her know that

This is a game but we all should see the people behind it and their real sorrows and trouble and take the time to appreciate or feel with it
No game can be as important as the real life, so me for my part don´t worry if the reasons are like that I will never say anything about schedules.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Thank you all. These great answers just make us want to work harder!

And we are. :)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:00 am

Healing Nanites sound really cool ...

I do think a lot about how the healing nanites heal and how they work ... they should have a short life and then they dissolve into a toons blood stream after performing there programmed tasks of healing ...

I'm thinking that the nanites could be delivered through a projected needle system like a CO2 gun .

The toon you pick could craft the nanites and suspend then in tubes like ammunition ... ( just thinking of immersion )

as the Toon that can issue those nanites goes up in lvl that toon will gain the ability to extend the length that the nanite-life so as to kept those nanites alive longer ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 am

About the power set

I think healing can be way more sophisticated than most believe in first sight

Empathy is of course a must have
Nanites is fitting for the time and will surely be nice to see :)

But I have been seeing that topic for a while now and kept thinking about what I felt was missing.
so what do we have? We have a Tech-based power concept - we have a meta power based concept. So what else could there be? The only two things which keep on popping up in my mind are following:
1. A magic users healing set (that would kind of use magic to regenerate and enhance personal healing abilities - sounds a little bit like a kind of controller
2. A regular (maybe crazy ;) ) doc: would use visible enhancements (putting some metal stuff on your limbs for example tou support you until it is healed - disappear after a short while when healing is done ;) ) or using unoptanium to boost you

just some thoughts - I think there can be Healers for any type of genre origin :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:24 am

Absolutely, powers need to be varied and to have multiple origins. That is definitely part of the plan. :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:04 am

Absolutely, powers need to be varied and to have multiple origins. That is definitely part of the plan. :)
great - I am so looking forward to the progress (got to remind me being patient ;) ) :)

Return to “Ask the Devs”