1st Person Perspective

Brelas

1st Person Perspective

Postby Brelas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 am

I did a search for 'perspective' on the forums and found a whole lot of commentary using the word 'perspective' but it didn't actually answer my question.

Will this game feature a 1st person perspective gameplay option. The videos show 3rd person perspective and, while that's all fine and good - and at least it's not fixed like Diablo or Marvel Super Heroes, it's not what I'm looking for in a super hero game.

Golden Ace

Re: 1st Person Perspective

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am

I did a search for 'perspective' on the forums and found a whole lot of commentary using the word 'perspective' but it didn't actually answer my question.

Will this game feature a 1st person perspective gameplay option. The videos show 3rd person perspective and, while that's all fine and good - and at least it's not fixed like Diablo or Marvel Super Heroes, it's not what I'm looking for in a super hero game.
Are you talking about the zoom function? you could easily zoom in all the way to get a first person perspective. i.e. you don't see your character, you only see the characters around you.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Brelas

Postby Brelas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Indeed, That's exactly what I was curious about.
Generally games have first or third person perspectives. Most MMOs provide both with the zoom (mousewheel) option. Like City of Heroes, but unlike Marvel Online (which was a 3rd person fixed perspective like Diablo - very annoying).

Thanks. Glad to hear that we can zoom all the way in and get the 1st person perspective.

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 am

Followup, in first person, will you be able to see the animations from your hands and body as you look around?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:16 am

You can zoom in very close and be looking over your own shoulder, or even in front of you (seeing none of your character). We generally have the zoom pulled back to show more of the action and FX, in part because that allows us to get team footage more easily for videos, and in part because we still have an uncorrected flaw -- you can currently zoom inside your own character body, which sort of breaks the immersion. :)

We'll be fixing that before the Beta.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:12 am

I love how often this team makes things "optional". Allows the people who want full immersion to zoom all the way in, and those who will absolutely get sea sick in that mode stay zoomed out. You guys do such a good job making everyone happy when it's possible. Kudos!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Gotta be able to zoom all the way in. There's nothing like power beams and arrows whizzing by your head in the heat of combat!

Return to “Ask the Devs”