Character Creator

Doxxie

Character Creator

Postby Doxxie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:20 pm

I noticed that the creator is very extensive, Is there any plans to add a slider for Height?

MrFreedom

Re: Character Creator

Postby MrFreedom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm

And to double up a question,

Are there any plans to release the Character Creator so we can create our avatars now? (i know right prob a year for a beta test but still)

Also make so we can set our forums avatars to toons we could play?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Yes, you will be able to adjust character height. If you look at the CCT video, the two ladies end up with different heights.

We will release the Character Creator before the game is launched so players can spend some time, if they want to, customizing their characters without losing time in the initial launch.

Making avatars for the forums? That's a great idea and a couple of our devs are very vocal about it too. But we are a bit crushed for time right now getting ready for the Kickstarter.

MrFreedom

Postby MrFreedom » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:43 pm

No worries, you guys stay on track. Thank you for the reply!!!

ZoNE

Postby ZoNE » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Are the character models shown in the videos final? If so will there be sliders to adjust shoulder width? The character models did not look bad, but i would rather make a female character with less wide/manly shoulders . Also i noticed in the character creator the option to pick from 3 body types. Will there be the option to pick from 3 body types, like what was in COH?

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Also i noticed in the character creator the option to pick from 3 body types. Will there be the option to pick from 3 body types, like what was in COH?
From that and the video interview they did with B3 gaming I'd say yes - both clearly show the "traditional" three body-types from CoH.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

TheLadyK

Postby TheLadyK » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am

I would love to see a simple, long French braid option. Bonus points if one of the plies can be a different color.

I'm looking forward to playing with the creator after the kickstarter!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:20 pm

If I could make a suggestion;

Having an alpha version of the character creator available a couple of days before the Kickstarter would be a WONDERFUL advertisement, and great motivation for potential investors.

I know, I know... if it ain't ready, it ain't ready. But still, I would love to see the dewy eyes of former CoH players as they faithfully remake their favorite characters from yesteryear!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

MrFreedom

Postby MrFreedom » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:18 pm

I double what GladDog said!!!

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 pm

I agree! I could spend days playing with just the character creator :)
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Banished Archangel

Postby Banished Archangel » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:27 pm

If I could make a suggestion;

Having an alpha version of the character creator available a couple of days before the Kickstarter would be a WONDERFUL advertisement, and great motivation for potential investors.

I know, I know... if it ain't ready, it ain't ready. But still, I would love to see the dewy eyes of former CoH players as they faithfully remake their favorite characters from yesteryear!
I think that's a pretty good idea as well!

i can't think of any potential downsides that might come about by making a stand-alone character creator available before the Kickstarter but perhaps the Devs might clue us on what they think about this?

Galactus55

Robot parts?

Postby Galactus55 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Will be able to have mech. arms and legs?
Steam pump armor stuff like that?
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Sinistar

Re: Robot parts?

Postby Sinistar » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Will be able to have mech. arms and legs?
Steam pump armor stuff like that?
I'm hoping for enough shiny and glowing parts so that I can "TRON UP" some of my characters.

It would be great if the character creator was available before alpha or beta so that we could spend some time to lock in some alts and costumes.

However, something else came to mind: the ability to reserve character names. I'm presuming that once a name is taken, it is taken just like in CoH, however if possible it would be great if say on our main account screen is a name reservation list that can hold up to say.....25 names (hypothetical amount) and that once a name is entered and locked in as reserved by you that the name is available for you on all servers

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:56 pm

You should read up on the dev team. They have several top artists, including one that is an expert in costume design. They are well aware of how important character design is to their intended audience. I expect a large array of costume pieces to be available at release, with even more coming with every major patch. I do not think this is pie in the sky thinking. I have listened to and/or read every interview I have seen on this game. They want to have the most extensive character creation tool around, at least as good as CoH's by the time they are a couple of patches post-release. Will they get there? I sure hope so! And they sound confident that they can get one that most former CoH players will be very satisfied with.

https://www.shipofheroes.com/development-team/
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

JestersGhost

Re: Robot parts?

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:43 am

However, something else came to mind: the ability to reserve character names. I'm presuming that once a name is taken, it is taken just like in CoH, however if possible it would be great if say on our main account screen is a name reservation list that can hold up to say.....25 names (hypothetical amount) and that once a name is entered and locked in as reserved by you that the name is available for you on all servers
Already confirmed as a kickstarter reward.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “Ask the Devs”