Release Date

wulfric17

Release Date

Postby wulfric17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 am

How's it going! I just wanted to know if you have a date that you think the game will come out!

GladDog

Re: Release Date

Postby GladDog » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 am

The game will go into supporter beta at the end of 2018. The release date is tentatively scheduled for the end of 2019, although there are hopes for a release date closer to Heroic Games Corp's CEO's birthday on July 4th!

The supporters beta will be a subscription based entry into the game. Anyone that is willing to pay the sub fee (TBD, but likely the industry standard $14.99 a month) will be able to play whenever the servers are up, which should be 120+ hours a week.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

longtallbrad

Postby longtallbrad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Any further/different update at this point?

It would be a modest understatement to say that I am excited and looking forward to it!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Any further/different update at this point?

It would be a modest understatement to say that I am excited and looking forward to it!
That date is out the window.

And I am unsure about the end of this year. Definitely beta before then.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

longtallbrad

Postby longtallbrad » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 am

So the beta is expected to happen sometime in 2019?

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 am

So the beta is expected to happen sometime in 2019?
Yes. Possibly as early as February, with a potential launch for Christmas, from what I hear.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:37 pm

The Supporters beta should be soonish, although the exact date may be a while. Hopefully late February, but it may slip. Trust me, the dev team wants this game in our hands ASAP! But they want a game they are confident will perform to a solid level, even if it is unfinished, and they are not quite there yet. Right now they are updating to Unreal Engine 4.20, which could potentially take a while. But after that...

First things first; CCT test #2 This should be a lot better than the first one.

Second thing second; An invasion test. 100 players resisting a nagdellian invasion! WOOT!

Third thing third; Mission testing. Both dev crafted missions and the Random Mission Generator. When the beta starts we will be doing street sweeping and random missions for the most part, with an occasional Invasion Event.

Once these things are ready, along with some nuisance bug fixes, the countdown to the supporters should start ticking!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:05 pm

As usual, GladDog has it about right.

It is surprisingly hard to schedule the development of a game, since delays are never welcome news. :)

But basically our plan is to let supporters join us with system testing during 2019, with a open Beta later in the year.

Right now, we're actually making good progress on a bunch of things, so we have a completely irrational desire to do nothing that could upset the apple cart. :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:11 pm

So tomorrow?? :D

Is the upgrade to 4.21.2 running smoothly?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Can't wait :) Want to create a character and that invasion test already sounds amazing... I'm really excited to be here at this stage of the game's development.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 am

Yep - also can´t wait to finally have the chance to use the character creator
(hope I will be able to create more than one character because it would be cruel if I would have to decide between my favorite three creations I have in mind)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Azrael

Postby Golden Azrael » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:49 am

As usual, GladDog has it about right.

It is surprisingly hard to schedule the development of a game, since delays are never welcome news. :)

But basically our plan is to let supporters join us with system testing during 2019, with a open Beta later in the year.

Right now, we're actually making good progress on a bunch of things, so we have a completely irrational desire to do nothing that could upset the apple cart. :)
Good luck. I do like the upfront communication of this effort. And you seem to do what it says on the tin. Ie. You deliver what you say.

"COMBAT

Combat in Ship of Heroes is going to be very similar in feel to the combat systems used in City of Heroes. It will include the usual 'trinity' with tanks, damage dealers (both melee and ranged) and support (healers and controlling types)."

The feel of CoH will be really hard to pull off. But I wish you well in your quest.

CoH had a very 'balladic grace' with deliverable 'punch.' Yes. Grace. It had that. But if you let the mob have an energy torrent? You could feel the 'punch' from that as the mobs were sent flying.

The 'Stone Mallet' I loved as well. It was a slow swing into the midriff or the head and it seemed to pack a real punch and I think the sound fx helped in that regard.

I like your fire sets. Visually impressive.

But what I liked about the CoH power sets is the way they'd visually linger through the 'deliberate' execution. They'd 'linger' visually. Take the electricity set. There was a Palpatine sense of delivery. Eg. Ball of lightning would drift into a mob? Then? ZZZZzzzzZZZ!

From what I've seen so far, some good work. However, some of the powers eg. Electricity...could do with a bit more 'weight' of delivery. To linger a touch more (especially the elec' sets. Just a tough too quick and needs to visually step it up a level or two compared to the fire set.) Perhaps take another look at the CoH elec set. Both the range and melee 2ndary elements were terrific fun... There was a sense of really giving it to the mobs. (I guess I sound like the CoH romantic that I am...)

CoH maybe an old game. But it nailed combat 100%.

Regards,

Golden Azrael.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Golden Azrael, welcome to the forums!

I may have mentioned in passing in other posts that commnets like yours have been coming in for some months and we have been listening to them. these sorts of comments are a huge asset for us. They allow us to make course corrections, adjustments, and polishing before the game is launched.

There are three things underway now that will significantly improve our combat (in addition to more powersets and powers):

1. We're adding impact animations to the powers. We've needed to do this for some time and it is on our schedule for the next few months. This adds weight to the attacks.

2. We're adding additional combat stances, for each powerset (some will be shared). This makes the combat feel more intense.

3. We have a sound engineer going thorugh the powersets one at a time and adjusting the SFX. This improves the perceived impact of the powers. In fact, I believe he just finished a sound revamp of the Dark Magic Blast powerset yesterday.

In a couple of months we'll likely have a video out with these upgrades in place. We're hopeful that you and others will appreciate that we're moving in the right direction. So please stay tuned, we are listening.

Kamarhi

Postby Kamarhi » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Anyone that is willing to pay the sub fee (TBD, but likely the industry standard $14.99 a month) will be able to play whenever the servers are up, which should be 120+ hours a week.
Saw this paragraph and the last bit caught my attention. 120+ hours a week. 120 seeming like it would be the lowest amount. This is 48 hours less than a solid week. I’m guessing part of this will be weekly down time and some game crashes.
Any idea on which day of the week server resets will be and/or downtime? Want to make sure I am working this days so I don’t have to sit and wait for the servers to come back up.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Anyone that is willing to pay the sub fee (TBD, but likely the industry standard $14.99 a month) will be able to play whenever the servers are up, which should be 120+ hours a week.
Saw this paragraph and the last bit caught my attention. 120+ hours a week. 120 seeming like it would be the lowest amount. This is 48 hours less than a solid week. I’m guessing part of this will be weekly down time and some game crashes.
Any idea on which day of the week server resets will be and/or downtime? Want to make sure I am working this days so I don’t have to sit and wait for the servers to come back up.
No idea on exacts. But I am expecting 5 days up and 2 days down every week for the first few weeks. As the game gets more stable and more content filled, it will likely go 6 up 1 down. After that it will probably be 150-160 hours a week up, just coming down 1-2 times a week to add patches.

Just a note; HGC will be using Amazon Server Services for Ship of Heroes. This is a bit costly, but should minimize any chance for long term crashes, even in beta.

Return to “Ask the Devs”