Themed costume templates?

Banished Archangel

Themed costume templates?

Postby Banished Archangel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Would it be feasible to include costume templates that players can share with others for ease of costuming their own characters in a similar manner?

I'm talking about groups of players who want to easily adopt the same costume regardless of body type for purposes such as a SG with uniform requirements or to, oh, I don't know, maybe establish a skydiving club or a police department with little fuss. Otherwise, each player would have to painstakingly waste time selecting individual costume parts.

Perhaps an option for the "original" creator to download the costume file and share it with others to upload into the creator and they can personalize the final results?

Flagwaver

Re: Themed costume templates?

Postby Flagwaver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm curious about this, too. My SG had uniforms for the various ranks. That would make things easier.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

kinglucus

Postby kinglucus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 am

How about a "Display" pod at SG bases that show the "SG Uniform" - once you click on it, it gives you the option to load it into a spare uniform slot.

This would give the options of having specific "RAID Uniforms" as well:

Pod One: "standard" SG Uniform
Pod Two: "Stealth" Raid SG Uniform (Dark Colours gives the team a boost in stealth)
Pod Three: "Wild West" Raid SG Uniform (Equipping this gives you access to the "Wild West" raid)

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:57 am

These are all good ideas, and we will keep track of them. The first thing we did to enable players to coordinate costumes was to add the RGB spots into the CCT color wheel. This means that if you like a particular color, you can identify it precisely and re-create across your characters, or with your guild buddies. That feature is in the game right now.

Being able to share clothing choices somehow with friends doesn't seem like it would too challenging, and we would like to do it, but I always try to check with my coders first, before I commit to any specific mechanism. Checking with them is part of scope control, and we can't let the game be delayed because I agreed to something that is really hard to code, when I could have agreed to something easier, that also gets the job done. :)

But it is a key point that we are making a game that you can play with your friends. Coordinating costuming options is part of the fun! I guess you could say that your raid leader gets the red pants, and the fighters get blue, healer gets green (assuming there are pants involved, that is). That strikes me as sort of cool...Hmmm, would controllers get purple?

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Controllers get no pants at all!

This is why all the enemies stop and simply stare, unable to perform any kind of basic actions...
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm

This is why all the enemies stop and simply stare, unable to perform any kind of basic actions...
Timmy Turner's dad, after he magically was made to not give a sh*t about anything:

Timmy says, "Dad, where are your pants?"

Timmy's dad replies, "Pants are for squares!"

This has become one of my battle cries!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 pm

So, Controllers have the Flash power inherently?

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm

So, Controllers have the Flash power inherently?
*snicker* :D

I now have a _really_ innappropriate hero concept. You, sir, are a bad bad man :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm

You, sir, are a bad bad man :P
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd be able to fund the entire SoH for a decade by myself.

Return to “Ask the Devs”