Day Jobs?

Red5

Day Jobs?

Postby Red5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

Heard it mentioned...seen some words suggesting it might give temp powers.

Any solid detailed concept information on it I can read/watch? Or is it something to be teased and held close to chest till near beta (not to say if is the case is a bad thing)?

I ask because my search thus far is falling short.
...reporting in.

AxerJ

Re: Day Jobs?

Postby AxerJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am

Good question!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:39 am

Nope not yet just words from Mr. Mcgeever that there will be " Day Jobs " so lets suggest some ...

Like " Street Patrol " as a hero you must go around to the announcement boards around the city and click on then... and you have to do so many through out the city in a given time frame for you patrol .... Just off the top of my head ...

YOUR turn...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:16 am

Day Jobs will be in Medicine, Engineering, Ship Defense, and likely in Trade, to begin. We may alter those names a bit, but this is the general idea. Each DJ has a series of mission arcs in which a character learns skills. Any archetype can go into any DJ.

But for example, if you want top learn to make some special weapons or defensive tools for combat, Ship Defense might teach that. Want to harvest stuff and learn to craft items designed to be used by others -- Trade. Looking for some special gizmos -- engineering. Looking to learn to craft healing or power-up items? Medicine is your field.

A character can learn more than one DJ speciality if needed. But an individual character is probably better served to focus on one DJ, rather than tyring to gain expertise in all four.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:42 am

Day Jobs will be in

• Medicine,
  • Engineering,
  • Ship Defense,
  • Trade,
To begin.

We may alter those names a bit, but this is the general idea. Each DJ has a series of mission arcs in which a character learns skills. Any archetype can go into any DJ.

But for example, if you want top learn to make some special weapons or defensive tools for combat, Ship Defense might teach that. Want to harvest stuff and learn to craft items designed to be used by others -- Trade. Looking for some special gizmos -- engineering. Looking to learn to craft healing or power-up items? Medicine is your field.

A character can learn more than one DJ specialty if needed. But an individual character is probably better served to focus on one DJ, rather than trying to gain expertise in all four.
Cool. thank you for that.

Now to figure out how to bookmark...
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Sango

Postby Sango » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Day Jobs will be in Medicine, Engineering, Ship Defense, and likely in Trade, to begin. We may alter those names a bit, but this is the general idea. Each DJ has a series of mission arcs in which a character learns skills. Any archetype can go into any DJ.

A character can learn more than one DJ speciality if needed. But an individual character is probably better served to focus on one DJ, rather than tyring to gain expertise in all four.
I am really excited about this concept. Even though CoH will always be special to me, one of the things that I would have liked to have seen was more depth. There was no crafting, rudimentary trading and no real reason to explore. Day jobs seems to address the first two issues.
"You don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"
-----Rorschach

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:25 am

Sango you are so right when you said ...
I am really excited about this concept. Even though CoH will always be special to me, one of the things that I would have liked to have seen was more depth. There was no crafting, rudimentary trading and no real reason to explore.
I still wondering what the DJ's will look like ... most of the other games that i have played the day jobs consisted in doing a "fetch and log out near the trainer" ... I'm ok with fetching to learn from the trainer in my DJ that i choose , and I'm ok too with logging out near the trainer... so you can get a more influence with that trainer in order to raise you crafting lvl... but once is not enough...

I hoping that its also includes several missions so that all the , fetching -- logging out --- and missions ... will have meaning and value when you have completed a lvl increase in crafting ... in other words its not easy i want to earn it ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Musician - With player useable instruments, like those in Lord of the Rings Online, and a music system where players can use something like midi to convert Tablature music to ADB files for sharing and playing live in game. Players could form bands to entertain others in game. Hold concerts and such at the Social Club maybe?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Ask the Devs”