Users Changing INI Files Causes Problems With Game?

Odee

Users Changing INI Files Causes Problems With Game?

Postby Odee » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:17 pm

:?: What problems will it cause, if I go into the Keybinds.ini file for SOH, and alter it to what I want my keys to do?

I know messing with other INI files will crash the game. That much is a given. But do you plan on locking down the INI files, from players altering them on launch
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

lunawisp

Re: Users Changing INI Files Causes Problems With Game?

Postby lunawisp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Players only affect their own system by changing the ini files. There should be nothing in there that can affect the server or any other player. If there is, someone's dropped off :lol:
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:19 am

Just to expand, the new patch from late last night fixed and upgraded the keybinds, so it would be awesome if players jumped in and tested them. Per a request from the forums, we did add strafe right and strafe left.

As far as we know they are working perfectly now. Can someone confirm?

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:24 am

Can now change keybinds related to movement. Setting keybinds all seems to work well, including strafe :)

None of the others are available though (chat, action bars, etc), the option flashes when you click it but the dialog doesn't change.

There is an issue though, the key for backward movement is being interpreted as forward. I have W for forward and S for back but when I press S it goes forward! Same for the default up and down arrows, both keys move the character forward.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Dirtsleeper

Postby Dirtsleeper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:06 am

Can now change keybinds related to movement. Setting keybinds all seems to work well, including strafe :)

None of the others are available though (chat, action bars, etc), the option flashes when you click it but the dialog doesn't change.

There is an issue though, the key for backward movement is being interpreted as forward. I have W for forward and S for back but when I press S it goes forward! Same for the default up and down arrows, both keys move the character forward.
In regard to the S key moving you forward, does this only happen when flying or also when running along the ground?
Ship of Heroes Programmer

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 am

Only happens when flying.

Delayed answer because I can only post once every ten minutes or so...

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:25 pm

In regard to the S key moving you forward, does this only happen when flying or also when running along the ground?
For the moment, mouse control during flight is much more natural feeling, than the standard WASD-QE keyboard commands.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Ask the Devs”