Tempest Legion alumni?

GladDog

Tempest Legion alumni?

Postby GladDog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:31 pm

I was in the Tempest Legion, one of the, if not the, largest SGs on Justice. Our leader, Feral Kat was well known on the server and in the CoH forums.

Any alumni of the Tempest Legion following this game? I would surely love to reform TL, although I DO NOT WANT TO LEAD IT. I suck as a SG/Clan/Guild leader, as I have proven over and over again. As a trusted Lieutenant I do pretty well, but leader? Nah... I don't have the temperament, nor the ability to form alliances, that is needed.

So, any former Tempest Legionnaires that want to reclaim the glory of the past?

I was GladBurn, GladStrike, GladZapper, GladPathic, etc...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Re: Tempest Legion alumni?

Postby Eulb » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Sorry Gladdog i was not on your server....but I will be glad ( haa haa pun intended ) to join you on this adventure to get back some of the lost Joy of the game.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:26 pm

Here is a commissioned painting of the core members of my Super Group the Tempest Legion. The redhead gal in the catsuit is the TL leader, Feral Kat. The flying guy in the spiky blue and gray armor in the back is my character GladStrike. He was so big the artist (the guy in the brown suit to the upper right was his character) asked if I would not mind being in the back so he did not take up the whole pic! I thought that was appropriate; I was one of the main SG tanks, so I always had their backs!

I hope I get these names right...

From top left and pretty much counterclockwise; GladStrike (INV/SS tank), KillerHertz (Electric/Electric blaster), Allyriah (Ice/Ice blaster), Mike Honcho (the guy holding up the fancy sword (Broadsword/Regen scrapper), Devil with a Red Dress (Fire/Kin Controller), Mediocrity Man (M on chest; Broadsword/Inv scrapper), Feral Kat (Claws/Regen scrapper), Thornster (Spines/Regen scrapper).
Last edited by GladDog on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:40 am

Here is another painting that Kat and I had done. She did these with several members.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:26 pm

looking to get into a new guild formed from the new players that want to play on the SHIP ..... wonder what it will evolve to be called ????
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Feral Kat
Feral Kat sounds kind of familiar to me...

I just can't nail down from where/when.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 pm

She had 31,000+ posts on the CoH forums. If you read them at all, you would have seen her name. The last three years of the game though, she got sick of the general forum trolls and only posted on the Justice server forums.

One thing she was very noted for; All of her characters played like tanks, even the squishies. She made tanking VERY entertaining when she was playing a squishy. We called her Kattank.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 pm

She had 31,000+ posts on the CoH forums. If you read them at all, you would have seen her name. The last three years of the game though, she got sick of the general forum trolls and only posted on the Justice server forums.

One thing she was very noted for; All of her characters played like tanks, even the squishies. She made tanking VERY entertaining when she was playing a squishy. We called her Kattank.
that was probably where. I had upward of 40k myself so we definitely ran into each other on several occasions.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

I just remembered - on the forums she went by KATFOOD. Also, she was the snack cake lady, offering snack cakes to people with good posts.

She also posted in the show yourself thread, wearing a Catwoman outfit. The real Catwoman would have been proud...

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 am

I just remembered - on the forums she went by KATFOOD. Also, she was the snack cake lady, offering snack cakes to people with good posts.

She also posted in the show yourself thread, wearing a Catwoman outfit. The real Catwoman would have been proud...
YES I do know her

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Nice!

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 am

I was in Tempest Legion later on. Was in a smaller supergroup which sort of dissolved as time went on earlier in my COH career.

Think I probably played as Morris the Spider(Arachnos Soldier) most in the last few years and I had tons of tanks.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:53 am

I was in Tempest Legion later on. Was in a smaller supergroup which sort of dissolved as time went on earlier in my COH career.

Think I probably played as Morris the Spider(Arachnos Soldier) most in the last few years and I had tons of tanks.
Yep, I remember one or two of your tanks :) HEY DOC! It's Glad! I'm, er, glad you found the ship!

One time Doc and I did a respec trial with three other fire tanks, and a blaster. The blaster looked at the makeup of the team and instantly quit, saying there was no chance we would beat it. 40 minutes later, I had another respec token in my coffers! No deaths, and no one felt that threatened actually...

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Yeah, we chewed that up real easy.

I still remember when the respec went online back in I2 and it was near impossible. I was on an AR/Dev blaster as my main and must have failed it 4 times that night. That night convinced me to play tankers.

Return to “Supergroups”