Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Warhead

Re: Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Postby Warhead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

I would definitely want the important stuff in there but the design of the base is as much of a reflection of your team as the costume design is for your character. I would surely spend a lot of time on the decorative aspects. I love the trophy idea as well. The idea of receiving specific items based on missions you complete is great.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 am

by the way did I mention my one big thing which made me crazy about CoH Bases?

PLEASE make doors and windows available! I mean, how many people live or work in an appartment or buildings with no doors? And windows do not have to be interactive - If there is just a set of stars on the other side or some other simple picture it would be ok but without it I believe something might be missing.
so you are saying that you want windows and doors that you can place on walls?

I wonder how difficult it would be to get live pictures of the City as seen from one of the skyscrapers in window form that we can place on the walls.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:45 am

For me, I just want practical items in my base. I know a lot of people put serious work into their lair, but I do not care about aesthetics.
That is fine if you are that type of person. But maybe you just have never seen a base which has been made by someone who puts thought, heart and creativity in it ;)?
Let me know when your base is ready, I will come by and check it out. What home warming gifts do you get a super hero?

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:30 pm

For me, I just want practical items in my base. I know a lot of people put serious work into their lair, but I do not care about aesthetics.
That is fine if you are that type of person. But maybe you just have never seen a base which has been made by someone who puts thought, heart and creativity in it ;)?
Let me know when your base is ready, I will come by and check it out. What home warming gifts do you get a super hero?
I don't know what the tradition was on your server, but I hear all Protectorites got an anonymous box of napalm.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't know what the tradition was on your server, but I hear all Protectorites got an anonymous box of napalm.
anonymous?? I'm pretty sure it said "Open with all your friends, love mom".

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 pm

How about I just bring a plate of cookies?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Arsenic, Hemlock?

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 am

by the way did I mention my one big thing which made me crazy about CoH Bases?

PLEASE make doors and windows available! I mean, how many people live or work in an appartment or buildings with no doors? And windows do not have to be interactive - If there is just a set of stars on the other side or some other simple picture it would be ok but without it I believe something might be missing.
so you are saying that you want windows and doors that you can place on walls?

I wonder how difficult it would be to get live pictures of the City as seen from one of the skyscrapers in window form that we can place on the walls.
First to the doors ;)
Of course the doors are not for the walls ;). But when I recall my bases in CoH I really would have liked it, when there would have been a door between (for example) Tech Room and Meeting Room - You know - everything open is not something I would like, though of course I learned to accept it. Since we are here with a new chance that shouldn´t be to complicated though.
Now to the windows :)
Yes I understand, that it is complicated, to have life-windows, which is why I wouldn´t expect that. And not any base has or is supposed to have windows, I realize that too. But if one likes it, I would think it is great to have it. And it could be like a picture maybe. You have the choice between a Star Look (you see little white spots ;) ), a City Look (you see the building on the other side), a Nature Look (you see some trees or some Mountains if something like that sould really be on a ship ;) ), a Water Look (you see a blue surrounding, maybe moving a bit to simulate moving water), a Sky Look (you see blue Sky with some clouds maybe)
So, of course it is an extra but I believe it could be less complicated than it originally sounded
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:21 am

I definitely will invited you :)
And hey, that thing with the home warming gifts would be a nice extra idea, wouldn´t it ;)?
We ask the devs if teams can hand out their own appreciation badges for members and honorable members for example :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:26 am

Arsenic, Hemlock?
that box would definitely be a hot idea :)
What do you think G.A. - how about a Trickster power set :D
You hand your enemies packages which explode ( a modification to having some guy who can work with traps ;) ) or glue them or smoke them or something like that
And I would absolutely hope that he invites all his friens ;)

Oh and the idea with the cookies - I am all for it, man am I looking forward to the start :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:01 am

Arsenic, Hemlock?
You hand your enemies packages which explode ( a modification to having some guy who can work with traps ;) ) or glue them or smoke them or something like that

Oh and the idea with the cookies - I am all for it, man am I looking forward to the start :)
I like the idea...

I'm thinking it would have to have at least 6 different animations for the same power though - just to keep it interesting. you don't want to keep repeating the same old joke over and over again.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:10 am

Arsenic, Hemlock?

I like the idea...

I'm thinking it would have to have at least 6 different animations for the same power though - just to keep it interesting. you don't want to keep repeating the same old joke over and over again.
Yeah I guess that makes it complicated! To keep it interesting you would have to pre-script the powers (which will never happen because nobody could expect that much effort from the programmers) or you would have to have the chance to enter the create mode easily during a session so you could alter the optics of your power yourself

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:15 am

perhaps have a bunch of powers that are all on the same timer? screen would be covered with buttons but you could always do something different. your choice. and have a rotating macro would go through the powers of that level in order or randomly - that way it always changes unless you always want to use the gun that say's "Bang" then shoots. or the lapel flower with the boxing glove. the choice would be yours.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am

perhaps have a bunch of powers that are all on the same timer? screen would be covered with buttons but you could always do something different. your choice. and have a rotating macro would go through the powers of that level in order or randomly - that way it always changes unless you always want to use the gun that say's "Bang" then shoots. or the lapel flower with the boxing glove. the choice would be yours.
sounds fun but somehow I got that slight feeling, that we won´t be able to make devs do that ;)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 am

sounds fun but somehow I got that slight feeling, that we won´t be able to make devs do that ;)
well... if you're up for a little Caseynapping I'm sure we could convince them. :D

Return to “Supergroups”