Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Golden Ace

Re: Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

Missions. you should be able to get special missions specific to you or to your base. from someplace in your base. so a mission stand/ board / etc. where you can get missions for items for your base. new NPC, Zoo animal, posters, special items.

also found a few pics I put up on the OP.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

Missions. you should be able to get special missions specific to you or to your base. from someplace in your base. so a mission stand/ board / etc. where you can get missions for items for your base. new NPC, Zoo animal, posters, special items.

Something like this will probably be tied to the Random Mission Generator, but with a preset end reward based on the mission series. If you are looking for a teleport core to go to level 3, for example, that should be the reward for an SG initialized mission arc.

Side note; we have no idea what they will call Super Groups, but it is unlikely it will be 'Super Groups'. Every minor difference from City of Heroes terminology reduces the chance for litigation.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:11 am

Something like this will probably be tied to the Random Mission Generator, but with a preset end reward based on the mission series. If you are looking for a teleport core to go to level 3, for example, that should be the reward for an SG initialized mission arc.

Side note; we have no idea what they will call Super Groups, but it is unlikely it will be 'Super Groups'. Every minor difference from City of Heroes terminology reduces the chance for litigation.
I didn't realize that.

I'll have to get my dinosaur book out and look for names.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:15 am

I can't see any reason wrong with using the word Super, so I'm thinking that the word Group would be the issue.

so

Super Alliance?

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am

I can't see any reason wrong with using the word Super, so I'm thinking that the word Group would be the issue.

so

Super Alliance?
That's not bad, maybe Hero Alliance, and of course we would have Villain Alliance when the villain side releases.

Anyone else have possible names to use for what to call super groups? I would avoid 'Leagues', since DCUO is using that.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:22 am

I do like Hero Alliance

I was using Meta in the OP how about Meta Alliance?

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:39 am

There's been a break in at the local ship board IKEA. After thwarting the crime you are awarded a new futon! But the mission is just beginning. Can you put it together!? :lol:

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am

There's been a break in at the local ship board IKEA. After thwarting the crime you are awarded a new futon! But the mission is just beginning. Can you put it together!? :lol:
LOL that's like 3 missions.

1. Find the directions!
  2. Translate the directions into English!
  3. Build what you thought was a Futon.
:D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am

or maybe 4

Find the Missing piece.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

so

Super Alliance?
That's not bad, maybe Hero Alliance, and of course we would have Villain Alliance when the villain side releases.

Anyone else have possible names to use for what to call super groups? I would avoid 'Leagues', since DCUO is using that.
*Facepalm*

I could have suggested Golden Alliances

or an Ace Alliance.

Golden Aces?

Oh I like that one.

Totally non partial on it but that does sound like the best idea... Golden Aces yep like it better every time I say it.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:07 pm

so

Super Alliance?

*Facepalm*

I could have suggested Golden Alliances

or an Ace Alliance.

Golden Aces?

Oh I like that one.

Totally non partial on it but that does sound like the best idea... Golden Aces yep like it better every time I say it.
I see no bias other than the solar-level light erupting from your teeth as you giggle and smile... :mrgreen: :lol: :shock:

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Oh good we're in Agreeance then. Golden Aces it is! :D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 pm

if we're not going to use the term "Supergroup" perhaps we should rename this section as soon as we figure out what we will call them? just to avoid possible litigation..

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 am

Why not just "alliance"? The villains won't be along for a while yet, and even when are I don't see much need for distinguishing between them. I'm having trouble coming up with a context where it would be confusing or ambiguous.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 am

I am not sure, if that issue is still being discussed, since I am new here, but I would like to give some input too (hope it helps).
During my time in City of Heroes what I always have been missing was something personal (which has been mentioned already, but I still want to state my agreement to it ;) ). I always missed my own private space in the City. So it would be great, if a character has its own apartment (in given time with creative freedom about the interior). You could include a extra plus for faithful players by giving extras for lets say every month somebody is part of the community, so it gives motivation. So somebody starting with an appartment and after a year could have penthouse or a bigger appartment, his own little house or something like that (I realize that goes a little bit strange with the idea of a giant space ship - but hey all the pictures show a regular city character anyway ;) ).
And of course a Group Base is a perfect space for communication and creativity, I used to spend a lot of time in my base doing interior design and chatting with team-mates or other players I invited into it (its like inviting your colleague to show him around at home). Only two things I always missed were doors and windows! Please add doors and windows (the windows do not really have to be that complicated - just an idea of outside-optics!
And a last thing! Please do not start as City of Heroes did with forcing people to earn points to create and fill your super hero base! That was frustrating like hell! I understand, that there has to be some regulation, so that you don´t need tons of dataspace for players who try out and disappear again but I hated it, when I had to play months before my team could afford a table or chairs. It is ok that features should be combined with achievements (like teleporters had to be earned or technical stuff to build enhancements or maybe weapons or something like that) but the furniture? Please it should not be so exclusive, that when you create a super-team, that you buy some shelfs, some chairs and tables when you are already able to "afford" the space for your group. I would say a basic super hero base should have a meeting room a tech-room a storage room and a room for leasure time (variable using possiblities). Then for each character in the group one should have a new room (as like a private room for a Hero to go to).
So at the end my dream base would look like that: you enter into base via
-teleporter room (as in City of Heroes) where you could have more teleporters which have to be earned of course. next to it you have your
- Hangar (that could be just decoration or could include travel tools however you guys are planning it - I wouldn´t mind neither). Next
- Meeting Room (like a big room with a big table, big screen / screens maybe 3D Beamer of the ship or city or something like that).
- Leasure Room (I used to have in my base a room where I had my trophies and some "garden" next a bar
- Library (either with shelfs or with computers - depending of what style one chooses for his/her base)
- Storage Room (where you put whatever you picked up and store it for later use)
- Tech Room/Laboratory (a room where you have your equipment which you can use for building equipment - another earning possibility here
- Oh and the private rooms (could be combined with membership times - lets say a player who is around for a certain time can have not just more space as a solo player but also in the team).
So that of course would be the final vision after a player was around a certain time and a team has existed a while. Not all at once - it is understandable, that this wouldn´t work for the servers and not for the size of the game in general - but not force people to wait for month until they figure out, if there idea could work or not. So as soon as somebody can create a room it should also be able to fill it (and not pay with virtual currency) for every single book on the shelfs.
I would have a lot more ideas how the details in optics and progress could be like but I think that is enough for now and I hope this gives you some interesting ideas and helps in creative aspects.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “Supergroups”