Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Re: Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:37 am

The housing or whatever you want to call it in Champions Online was a late afterthought. They looked really nice and you had some nice options for decoration, but they had no function at all apart from somewhere to hide away from the rest of the game world. I'm not sure what sort of functionality you could put into a personal house or mini base though. You have to be careful not to draw everyone away from the city - you don't want new players logging in and seeing a vast empty space. It's hard to dispell a poor first impression.
Sorry, if I am little bit slow with thinking right now but what are you referring to with the empty space?
I meant that I think it would be a bad idea to make personal bases so functional that there's no need to ever leave them except to fight. There'll be an auction house, crafting, etc. and if those are all duplicated in every personal base, the ones in the city will very likely be empty - that creates a poor impression for new players.
ah ok I got it :)
well I know what you mean, but I do not really fear it that much, since not anyone wants to be alone, some like being around to socialize - so not all will take the opportunity, even if it would be there.
But propably it could be a compromise - so for example
- having a lab in your private appartment or lair could be for basic stuff and if you want more complicated stuff you would have to go to a bigger lab (which is a public place).
- Or if you want to buy something you can do it in your personal base but if it surpasses a certain price you have to go there and pick it up personally :)
- Or a different direction: You can have basic stuff for your personal lair and if you want professional equipment it his harder to get or to build (maybe at a certain level/expensive/rare material), so people would be forced to use the public stuff longer but still could do simple stuff at there personal lair.
- Or (another alternative) your personal lair gives you for example for building stuff maybe a day or a week until it is done (depending on what you want) and if you need or want something fast you have to go to the public lab where the stuff is bigger and therefore faster :)

So, I believe I brought up a few ideas, how it could work, so that your worry would not be the case :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Starchild

Postby Starchild » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello all, I really like the idea of Personal Lairs. I know DCU (really don't like that game) has a lair system but its based on themes. I don't like that concept, but i do like the concept of choosing where you base is. You choose the entrance to your lair that way, unless its copyrighted or something.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello all, I really like the idea of Personal Lairs. I know DCU (really don't like that game) has a lair system but its based on themes. I don't like that concept, but i do like the concept of choosing where you base is. You choose the entrance to your lair that way, unless its copyrighted or something.
if you have any suggestions I would be more than happy to add them to the OP
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

voyager2001dl

Postby voyager2001dl » Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 am

Hey, I just posted the question on who were you in CoH, asking if SGs and specifically bases were going to be in SoH. Guess I should have looked around more first.

This thread seems to assume that SG bases will be a thing. Devs, can you please verify? I really miss editing my base.

And please, not the vanilla theme based starbases we see in Star Trek Online (This is where I went after CoH Shutdown). I had higher hopes from a cryptic game. And if we do ever have the lairs that are requested here (Thank you Golden Ace, I agree) they do need to be more useful, and customizable than my bridge and sometimes hallways on STO as well. Putting a few trophies around my ready room is not enough.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy STO, and have been a trekkie since age 5, but this area of Cryptic's 3rd game could stand with some serious improvement. It has actually become less customizable with successive updates. Just please don't copy them.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm

it has been confirmed there will be bases, and we do want the highly editable bases that CoH had.

Casey has been mute on personal Lairs but I'm pushing for them.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat May 25, 2019 1:42 pm

just thought of this.

adding it to the op

Sounds

• The ability to turn on / off , control the volume, or change sounds connected with base items

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun May 26, 2019 4:37 am

How about interaction? I would love to see something like a big round table where invited guests can take a seat. I mean you can jump onto a chair and use a sit down emote but it would be cool if there were some kind of animation. And if you sit at the round table and type something into the chat window your character should move his mouth and perform some gestures.

I also would love to see a safety lock room where all invited guests spawn after invitation. And the owner has to open the safety door to let them in.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 am

I love the interaction idea. all chairs should be intractable click and sit like in world of warcraft. no animation of you getting into the chair you were just suddenly in the chair. unless they changed it in the last few years.

not to sure about the last one, but I kind of want to do away with rooms. just give us walls and floors that you cant see through from underneath.

added to the op

• Open skies have the ceiling changeable to an open sky graphic. the ceiling is still there but it appears as if you are outside
  • Intractable Chairs/Furniture click on a chair and you sit in it.
  • Picture frames accessible to screenshots be able to put screenshots into a picture frame and be able to trade the completed picture to others.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:29 pm

I think super group bases should offer more. I did some brainstorming today and come up with following ideas:

If you buy/build/create a supergroup base you should have this:

-crafting table, to craft faster and more efficient (faster crafting level up)
-servants (like robots, butlers or different persons who help you (for example craft things you just have to bring the raw material)
-crime computer to have access to more missions and alerts (maybe daily missions)
-invitation right. you could invite some VIPs to your base and spend time with them. The outcome could be things like additional costume slots, special missions, special ranks, special costume parts and so on.

Just some ideas because housing alone is not enough. In the most games housing is boring because there is nothing to do except having some RP sessions.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:36 pm

When you say VIP are you talking about one of the iconic heroes in the game?

Return to “Supergroups”