Any cosmic themed Supergroups?

Solarverse

Any cosmic themed Supergroups?

Postby Solarverse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Just as the title says. Not really looking for RP, but kind of a cosmic themed Supergroup. That is a very broad description, I know. Just looking to see what's out there. My character will mimic my avatar, so if he fits your theme, please post. Thanks! :)

JestersGhost

Re: Any cosmic themed Supergroups?

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

I wouldn't be averse to joining one :)

Which actually gives me an interesting thought...
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 am

What's your thought?

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:30 am

were here for super hero stuff and gee it came from comics , and all that super hero stuff had to have a story behind it.
I believe that that back story is" Role Playing" ( RP)... just published in paper.
The computer game ( SOH ) will let us tell out our story from a toon perspective ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

What's your thought?
The thread I created, about having characters in various groups :)

I've already got one character planned for Warhead's "The House of Cards"/The 52, and I've got my own SG for my more personal characters, and I love the idea of a cosmic SG, so I'm currently trying to design a character to that theme as well...

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 pm

What's your thought?
The thread I created, about having characters in various groups :)

I've already got one character planned for Warhead's "The House of Cards"/The 52, and I've got my own SG for my more personal characters, and I love the idea of a cosmic SG, so I'm currently trying to design a character to that theme as well...
Let me know....Solarverse belongs in a Cosmic themed SG of some sorts. :)

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Hmmm - Harlequynne and Ebon Angel will need a new background story for SoH...it could very easily be cosmic.

Is Solarverse light-themed? And a definitely "Good" guy? I can see some potential here depending on where you want to take him (her? it?).

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Hmmm - Harlequynne and Ebon Angel will need a new background story for SoH...it could very easily be cosmic.

Is Solarverse light-themed? And a definitely "Good" guy? I can see some potential here depending on where you want to take him (her? it?).
Originally, Solarverse was an Energy Energy Blaster. Once Khelds were released, he was deleted and remade as a human form Peace Bringer. So that should give you an idea as to what he is. Depending on the abilities available in game once it is released, Solarverse will be whatever I can find that is closest to that. And yes, he is a "Good" guy. A Galaxy Guardian of sorts...almost like the Lantern Corps, just without the Corps, lol. Closer to Silver Surfer maybe.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Okay, here's the idea - Ebon Angel is basically always dark/assassin-y/vampiric, Harlequynne is a force of mischief and .doesn't really concern herself too much with good/bad...so between them and Solarverse you have a sort of trinity of dark/grey/light.

The Grey Area then becomes a group for cosmic balance and harmony between necessary evil/death, restoration/rebirth, and the spirit of balance to keep them both honest and undercut them if either gets out of hand.

Thoughts?

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 am

Okay, here's the idea - Ebon Angel is basically always dark/assassin-y/vampiric, Harlequynne is a force of mischief and .doesn't really concern herself too much with good/bad...so between them and Solarverse you have a sort of trinity of dark/grey/light.

The Grey Area then becomes a group for cosmic balance and harmony between necessary evil/death, restoration/rebirth, and the spirit of balance to keep them both honest and undercut them if either gets out of hand.

Thoughts?
Definitely Thoughts. But first my question to it would be if you are talking with that "Grey Area" about a seperate group or if your three characters should be part of it.
To Cosmic Groups I would have several ideas. Of course your Grey Area could be
a form of Police Unit (like DCs Green Lantern Corps or Marvels Nova Corps) with minimal individualism in question of Unifom and powers (which would make the SG-Concept in SoH a bit complicated but nevertheless possible and with good friends maybe even interesting).
But it also could be a secret order which on one hand works as protectors on the other as assassins depending on the situation (kind of reminds of a movie with Angelina Jolie ;) ).
It also could be a regular known group but in that case the question would be for the motivation (why do they care about the balance, why do they believe they are qualified - questions like that) and what makes them special. Do they have a common cosmic background? (like Heralds of Galactus), do they have cosmic-derived powers? What are cosmic powers anyway ;)? Questions over Questions but souns worth tinking about them anyway
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Grey Area was my SG back in CoH, so I figured I resurrect it here, so yeah, Ebon Angel and Harlequynne are part of it for sure.

As to the other questions....eh *shrug* :P

It was a random thought, with very little else behind it. It's cool, forget it :)

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Just as the title says. Not really looking for RP, but kind of a cosmic themed Supergroup. That is a very broad description, I know. Just looking to see what's out there. My character will mimic my avatar, so if he fits your theme, please post. Thanks! :)
Are you think of a Silver Surfer cosmic powers super group? or a super group of cosmonauts like Legion of Super Heroes?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Are you think of a Silver Surfer cosmic powers super group? or a super group of cosmonauts like Legion of Super Heroes?
if there is not a legion of super heroes on the ship I will be greatly surprised.

someone let me know when they make the matter eater or bouncing power set. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Melkiador

Postby Melkiador » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:20 pm

I wonder if there will be anything like the Galaxy Guardians from CoH. They were basically an homage to the Green Lantern Corp, with everyone having a similar costume design and a limited selection of power sets. It was surprisingly fun back in the day.

This is the only image I could find of what the costumes used to look like:

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

I won't be looking to change my look, Solarverse's look/style is pretty set in stone. Was just looking for a cosmic themed Supergroup though. Pretty much anything around that would catch my attention. I won't be able to devote the kind of time I used to have for CoH, I am much older now and a bit settled down, so I wouldn't be able to lead any type of Super-group. However, I would love to join a group that has a theme similar to what I am looking for.

Return to “Supergroups”