the name "supergroup"

indigowulf

the name "supergroup"

Postby indigowulf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:47 am

Thought it would be nice to hear what people thought about it. I know SG is a carry over name, and at one point the discussion was "Ship Group" or "Heroic Ship Group"... what would you guys think is the best name for sg's in the new setting?

Ship Division? Task Force? What are your suggestions? I know we have creative people here, I wanna hear your ideas!

I'm not talking about an individual group name, I'm talking about the generic term to refer to all of the groups, like supergroup was on coh
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

GladDog

Re: the name "supergroup"

Postby GladDog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Super Team?

Super Friends? - J/K

Hero League or Hero Legion?

Hero Corps?

Hero Union?

And of course, once Villains are in the game, replace 'Super' or 'Hero' with 'Villain'
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Super Friends?
:o :evil:

If we absolutely have to go away from ‘Supergroup ‘ the I suggest

Alliance
Hero Alliance
Super Alliance
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Since we're on a ship, how about:

Hero Crew?
Super Crew?
Hero Squad?
Super Squad?
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:07 am

Super Friends?
:o :evil:

:D
You remember that animated series ;)?

If we absolutely have to go away from ‘Supergroup ‘ the I suggest

Alliance
Hero Alliance
Super Alliance

Yep I would quote for (Super)Team or Alliance (please not Super or Hero in front) too
though I do not know what is so bad about Supergroup - can anybody tell me?

P.S. Sorry, I don´t want to insult anybody I am just doing some brainstorming with the ideas which have been stated here already so please don´t take it personally. But please keep in mind, that Teams can also consist of two or three persons only and that name should not sound ridicolous in that matter

Task Force - that implies, that it is just about a Task and sounds quite martial (as in Force)
Squad - is too militaristic in my eyes (it works for a certain name, sure but generally? I don´t know)
Crew - I don´t know, somehow I think about roadies when I read that or other people in the construction business
Super Team - Sure why not - it is neutral enough to work for any kind of concept - for military units, for just plain part time heroes who are bored and anybody in between ;) (could be just Team too)
League or Legion - Sounds a little bit to big in my ears, that implies something being huge either in numbers (especially Legion) or in concept
Corps - Again a really militaristic word which in my mind limits the thought behind it
Union - Heroes of Justice Unite ;) ? No, seriously another word, which would kind of sound strange if your union consists of two or three players ;)
Division - Another word which is of military origin and in my eyes cannot reflect anything
Ship Group - That kind of sounds too official - just starting to imagine it being noted in some data base: Ship Group 189723 Alpha; Founder ... Members ...
I mean, what if somebody just wants to be founder of a old fashioned team and not some governmental sanctioned unit - then that name would not fit somehow

So, like I said please don´t get me wrong I don´t want to question creativity or quality I just want to reflect what I think of when I hear certain words.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 am

but just so, that nobody can say I am just negative without being constructive myself I can offer a word to ;) (Just in case it shall really be something more or less official)

Unit

Of course a word, which has a somewhat militaric or official ring but it is not too much into it and it can also discribe small groups (so that you know, that I critizise my own ideas too ;) )

And just to mention it, I am consciously avoiding the words ship and hero ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Thunderhawk

Postby Thunderhawk » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:53 am

I like "Unit." It still has a military ring to it, but can just as well not have that connotation. The first thing that actually popped into my mind though was the term "Flight." In the USAF a group of airmen were called a "Flight." As the game takes place in a ship flying through space, I thought it seemed to fit. Just a thought.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:08 am

I am still not convinced that we need to change the name.

Supergroup just means a team of superheroes who work together. yes it was used in city of heroes but it’s common Vernacular and I seriously doubt they can claim the word.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Supergroup just means a team of superheroes who work together. yes it was used in city of heroes but it’s common Vernacular and I seriously doubt they can claim the word.
I just brought it up again because I remember it being briefly discussed that we should use something different because that was "their" name, and we needed our own. If we don't need to change it, all well and good, this is still a fun brainstorm discussion. Someone may get an idea for a name for their individual SG from this :)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:34 pm

I just thought of another option instead of Supergroup:

Family
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:52 am

I just thought of another option instead of Supergroup:

Family
though of course it is not realistic
I really like your way of thinking :)
It is really nice and everyone from the old community knows exactly what you are talking about :)
and just by the way - your post brought a smile on my face (positively meant) thank you for that :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 am

to your thought :)
I am absolutely behind you in that one - I also see no need to change the word and would also not have the feeling, that it is a lack of creativity or would question the identity of that new game - after all it is a Super Hero Game and we are discussing what a Group should be named so - Super (Hero) Group.

But as Indigo already mentioned - still fun doing some brainstorming :)

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:41 pm

I am absolutely behind you in that one - I also see no need to change the word and would also not have the feeling, that it is a lack of creativity or would question the identity of that new game - after all it is a Super Hero Game and we are discussing what a Group should be named so - Super (Hero) Group.

I like the term 'supergroup' for a long lasting team of super heroes. It annoys me when people call the groups guilds in non-fantasy games; it takes me out of the game.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:39 pm

I like the term 'supergroup' for a long lasting team of super heroes. It annoys me when people call the groups guilds in non-fantasy games; it takes me out of the game.

Ha ha. I annoy them by calling them Supergroups instead of guilds. :D

I never did it on purpose I just think of the groups as SG's.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm

so no likes the name for supergroups to be " Ship Super Groups " or SSG for short ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “Supergroups”