the name "supergroup"

Crimson-One

Re: the name "supergroup"

Postby Crimson-One » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm

We are on a ship, and we will all be heroes of some kind, why not just call these groups a "Crew" or maybe a "Squad"?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 am

The dev team is flexible. It kind of depends on what the community wants.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 am

we want Supergroup :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Voidblazer

Postby Voidblazer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:55 am

I think Super Group is hardwired into my brain from 8 years of CoH. But, I kinda like Hero Group (HG). Simple, and focusing more on our heroism than our superpowers. Just spit-balling...
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Hero Group (HG) also goes very well with Heroic Games. :)
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Voidblazer

Postby Voidblazer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Hero Group (HG) also goes very well with Heroic Games. :)
Very true...I didn't even make that connection! Maximum branding! 8-)
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Even in other games I tend to call alliances or guilds SG's. so Supergroup
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:34 pm

'Supergroup' also works for both hero and villain groups (when or if villains are ever introduced).

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 pm

I feel like Super Group is iconic. It says something without having to explain it to most. I prefer it. But there was an alternative that was brought up many moons ago. I think Eulb mentioned HSG as in Hero Ship Group in a similar discussion. It seems like VSG would work equally well. Both flow of the tongue easily. Maybe I’m just nostalgic for the good old SG. But I could live with HSG and VSG too. But I don’t feel that there’s a true risk of violating an owned IP here. Perhaps I’ve missed some points made in other discussions during my sabbatical from these forums as to why we need to change the title or is it just the desire to make the term exclusive to SoH?
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:14 am

I feel like Super Group is iconic. It says something without having to explain it to most. I prefer it. But there was an alternative that was brought up many moons ago. I think Eulb mentioned HSG as in Hero Ship Group in a similar discussion. It seems like VSG would work equally well. Both flow of the tongue easily. Maybe I’m just nostalgic for the good old SG. But I could live with HSG and VSG too. But I don’t feel that there’s a true risk of violating an owned IP here. Perhaps I’ve missed some points made in other discussions during my sabbatical from these forums as to why we need to change the title or is it just the desire to make the term exclusive to SoH?
I believe the question came up because it was about the old word (which I prefer myself) is linked to the new game (so new game new name).

To the topic : I still think we should keep in mind that the name should work for any kind of type -
for those who want to have a military flair,
for those who want to have some elite ring,
for those who are maybe cosmic or magical themed,
for those who want to be like a hobby team ;)
and of course also for those who want to be darker - maybe anti-hero-like
And actually I don´t think we need to remind anybody with anything all the time that we are on a ship.
Its part of the lore but thats it as I think
So lets stick with Supergroup :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Super Group is used with Champions Online.

There's the movie, Justice League.

Why can't we be a?

"HERO LEAGUE"

Anything that says, "Hero" not super. Not that our characters aren't super, but it is so over-used.

And since this is on a ship.

"Ship Hero Group"

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:15 pm

I think we shouldn’t change some things just for the sake of change. Supergroup has been utilized for quite some time between several different MMO’s. We have quite a few people already upset with us for saying “ship” of heroes. Changing the name of something as fundamental as ‘supergroup’ might upset a few more people as well. Let it remain supergroup.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:39 am

Super Group is used with Champions Online.

There's the movie, Justice League.

Why can't we be a?

"HERO LEAGUE"

Anything that says, "Hero" not super. Not that our characters aren't super, but it is so over-used.

And since this is on a ship.

"Ship Hero Group"
Like I mentioned earlier - I don´t think we need to push everyone into noticing, that we are on a ship - and since the term will also be used when eventuallay we will have villains, the word hero would force us to change the term for them (Villain League?) already and somehow I feel it does sound strange to be honest.
And I think something being used a lot or for a while does not necessarily make it over-used. That would be more the case if people cannot hear it anymore. But just because something is being used at other areas too... .
Just to reflect the point - the word hero is over-used too - They use it since millenia and in thousands of movies, books, comics and games (if not millions) still we are willing to use it ;)

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:13 am

Upon review, and time to ponder. It seems, that Super Group is the best TITLE for a "Guild" "Clan" etc. for a Super Hero/Villain mmorpg.

I cast my VOTE for:

Super Group

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Upon review, and time to ponder. It seems, that Super Group is the best TITLE for a "Guild" "Clan" etc. for a Super Hero/Villain mmorpg.

I cast my VOTE for:

Super Group
Agreed.

...And the people danced and celebrated! 😀
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Return to “Supergroups”