Supergroup and alliances

Turtlesandwich

Supergroup and alliances

Postby Turtlesandwich » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 am

Just wondering what the thoughts are on SG alliances?
Regional SG's that have friends in different time zones can't really participate all at once on a regular basis.

What would be the most popular opinion:
International SG's over different time zones?
or
Regional SG's that have an alliance?

If 2 SG's were aligned what would be the benefits?

Golden Ace

Re: Supergroup and alliances

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:26 am

If 2 SG's were aligned what would be the benefits?
League Chat group. if your SG, GladDog's SG, My SG, and Jester's SG formed a League we should have a chat group that allows us to speak to each other. it would be the league channel so you would know who it's from - and who is receiving it. also leagues had access to each other's base for use of items such as teleporters and crafting stations. I don't recall the all rules for league chat but maybe paragon chat has some information on it. in any case this is a new game and we can have any rules we want. but I think if you wanted to you could restrict speaking privileges to just league officers.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am

I was thinking that a UK group and a US group would have access to each others SG events, news etc. Or did we discuss multiple memberships i cant remember?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am

I was thinking that a UK group and a US group would have access to each others SG events, news etc. Or did we discuss multiple memberships i cant remember?
well its all one server so the only thing that matters is times of play. not necessarily time zones. some of us play at odd times day and night due to work hours (or lack there of) (Looking at you Eulb :D) and yes a league SG should have access to other league SG's events so they can join in. that's pretty much the point of joining a league. you have multiple small (or even large) SG's that can team up for events.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:38 am

I am definitely for it
Imagine, that would kind of be cool, (like Justice League America, Justice League Europe, Justice League International) one could have different SGs in different time zone areas, which still have a obvious link to each other
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Golden Ace ... you said it well ...

well its all one server so the only thing that matters is times of play. not necessarily time zones. some of us play at odd times day and night due to work hours (or lack there of) (Looking at you Eulb :D) and yes a league SG should have access to other league SG's events so they can join in. that's pretty much the point of joining a league. you have multiple small (or even large) SG's that can team up for events.
I well be glad to enter into an League with you all ... it would be grate fun to look forward to League events... at any time :lol: ;) we can work it out ...

Turtlesandwich also was wise when he said ...
oOH the best laied planes of mice and men ... dann time zones...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

Count me and my compatriots in. I think we should call it the Founders League or coalition, depending on what it’s called in game, of course. Signed and approved for Jagged Legion.

Looking forward to many team ups in game.
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

Count me and my compatriots in. I think we should call it the Founders League or coalition, depending on what it’s called in game, of course. Signed and approved for Jagged Legion.

I really like the Founders League name.

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 am

In CoH the coalition channel was really useful for finding an extra player or two to round out a TF or trial run and finding folks interested in raids or even hunting for badges. We have players in most time zones across the US who really appreciated being able to find like minded players to team with. :)
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Patrick007

Postby Patrick007 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:00 am

I had a group that I started in COH that got off to an ok start but I would like to see it in here.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:19 am

Given that many have been playing on Homecoming, and some may now be switching to Thunderspy, did any of you form leagues together over there?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:01 am

Given that many have been playing on Homecoming, and some may now be switching to Thunderspy, did any of you form leagues together over there?
yes, I am part of a league don't use it much. just pass messages back and forth. occasionally have a request for more members in a task-force. stuff like that.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 am

I'm playing on Homecoming/ Excelsior. I just joined a random SG there, but it turns out it is one of the most active SGs on the server, and I've made a few friends there. That said, I think I will be quitting CoH soon. It just seems like something is not quite right with the private servers, and especially on the Homecoming servers. Too bad, I've been having fun, with 4 50(+3)s, of which one is almost as strong as is possible in the game.

But really, this is just marking time until the SoH Supporters Beta starts. I won't be playing anything else once that starts.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 am

This conversations a little confusing with most of us coming from CoH background. There, groups of SG's that joined together was a coalition. A league is when multiple teams of 8 form together to do a bit task, like a rikti/hami raid.

I think, as long as we have the ability to make our own global chat channels like we did on CoH, we should be just fine with our without coalitions. I get wanting your own theme for your own SG. Chats just make things so much easier. I was part of PinnBadges, a global LFTF chat, and of course the help chat.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:16 am

your right. was trying to remember the term coalition and could only think of league back then.

Return to “Supergroups”