⚜ DeeDee's Arts 'n stuff ⚜

Darth Delicious

⚜ DeeDee's Arts 'n stuff ⚜

Postby Darth Delicious » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello there fellow Heroes (and Villains)!

As Christopher Robin was pointing out, this part of the forums is still quite empty! Let's see if we can do something about that, shall we?
In the beloved City of Heroes I was known as Darth Delicious or, as my friends call me, DeeDee.

So here are some drawings I did of my main characters, Darth Delicious and Mysterious Mike.

*waves*
Last edited by Darth Delicious on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

Christopher Robin

Re: DeeDee's Arts 'n stuff

Postby Christopher Robin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:31 pm

*/e waves at heroes and blows raspberries at smelly villains*

Or as I call her DD but then I'm lazy about it.

Also yay alliteration!

Also nice start! I always liked those depictions of Mike and DD in her "come and get it pose."

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 am

Haha, thanks lazy CR Image. I guess I'm lazy too, for calling you CR (and Bordayus "B") Image.

To add some more work... here are a few I struggled with for a long while, but turned out surprisingly (to my own experience) well.

A drawing of my toons (Mysterious) Mike and his half-brother (Lucky) Liam in their non-hero outfits. Not quite my usual style, but it was fun to do and I like the way it turned out in the end. Obviously I used a ref of one person and mirrored hehehe. The wonders of digital art Image. The challenge was to make it two different people. But not too different, because they're brothers Image. And get the lighting right.

Now here's one I'm very proud of. It started out as a pencil drawing. And then one day I had the courage to color it. Now, contrast has always been a difficult thing for me to add to drawings. I'm not quite sure why, but it took me quite a while to become aware of that and learn how to add it.
So this was one of the first.. and I went all out, because CR kept pushing me to add contrast Image. It really adds to a drawing, doesn't it Image.
Meet Christopher Robin's Xllusya: (and yes, I did use a reference for the pose)
And here is the pencil drawing. The drawing that started it Image.
Last edited by Darth Delicious on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 am

Hehehe, feel like a tadpole in a pond of bigger bullfrogs :P It a great style, but is Lucky a super hero too I wonder?

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:01 am

Image.
Yeah, Lucky Liam is a superhero too.

I think I have a ref of him somewhere...
Oh, yeah, this gorgeous tripple collab... (click on the image to see the full story behind it on DeviantArt)

And then there's this:

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:15 am

Now here's one I'm very proud of. It started out as a pencil drawing. And then one day I had the courage to color it. Now, contrast has always been a difficult thing for me to add to drawings. I'm not quite sure why, but it took me quite a while to become aware of that and learn how to add it.
So this was one of the first.. and I went all out, because CR kept pushing me to add contrast Image. It really adds to a drawing, doesn't it Image.
Meet Christopher Robin's Xllusya: (and yes, I did use a reference for the pose)
That might one of the first times you really pushed your boundaries in color.
I was totally surprised and pleased with the results.

You should put the pencils up so people can see how far you
really went with the contrast compared to what the original pencils had. :idea:
Hehehe, feel like a tadpole in a pond of bigger bullfrogs :P It a great style, but is Lucky a super hero too I wonder?
Trust me we both know that feeling.
Oh he's a hero too, I imagine she will post the collab Bobby, her and I did soon. ;)

Edit: Of course she does it right as I am typing this. Heh, called it!
Last edited by Christopher Robin on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 am

Spiffy :D I have loads of heroes...and villains...but not sure which to display and whom should be bury into the passing of time, so I am a bit spread on my love for multiple characters instead of on a set of them -_- They be suffering

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 am

<---- has over 100 heroes... and 3 villains. :P

Sometimes others in-game choose who they want to team with the most
other times it'll be fellow forumites who gravitate to a certain hero or who tell
me a certain look it really iconic. Brahn wasn't always my main but that's who people
got used to so I used him as my "face" when holding contests and the like.

Often it's who you enjoy playing the most or what concepts/stories are the strongest
or just who stands the test of time and outlasts everyone else. It was different with every hero for me

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:30 am

@CR: I added a thumbnail of the pencil drawing to the post. (Image, I was thinking about it earlier, then I read your post and decided to do that immediately Image).

@Bordayus: I'm a sucker for stories (am a writer myself, book is nearly finished and ready to be send off to publishers! Image).

My first character was DeeDee, though Mike was the first one with a full background story. I just added Dee to his life and then her background formed as I played. Although Mike's story never stopped continuing ofcourse. That's how Lucky Liam came into play. He came looking for his half-brother... Mike, who didn't even know he had one.
It's how I make characters. I first come up with a story (mostly in my head, though) and then create them. If I like the story.. I can get attached to my chars and tend to stick with 'm. Image
And even though my supergroup DD's Breakfast Club has a couple more characters in there (all mine), Dee, Mike and Liam (newbie as he is) are my favorites still.

These are all my (active) characters in my supergroup: Image
I also had a few outside the Club.

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 am

Awesome!

Though I can not say weather or not I have a set number of heroes or villains (though I have way more then 3). But for each character I make a history and a story...avoiding the typical stuff heroes are created from, gamma radiation, and in defense, despite the alien home world being destroyed, he was not sent to another world because of it and it happen way after he grew up several 100 years later...to name a few.

First character was Nagra Omaga: a Dark Naga. As my first I had no idea what to expect and so made his history and such afterward
Second was Bordayus Judas the 3rd: Started off as a Human male, of 14 in mage school until his massive adventure begin. I made him a son of a powerful family with a dark past, who take their position seriously. So Bordayus was serious, focus on his job and mission and school...how ever afterward, the game wrote his story, from using fusing magic to help team up and protecting against Flint powerful minion and monster attacks to attempting to survive the team drama as you have a human who was emotional stunted and a high strung elf....sorry, got carry away with the tales :P well any way, both characters has a huge back story that could take a bit to write out. so I am very attach to them as characters, Bordayus most of all for.....other reasons.... <.<

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 am

Exactly.. that Image!

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 pm

@CR: I added a thumbnail of the pencil drawing to the post. (Image, I was thinking about it earlier, then I read your post and decided to do that immediately Image).

How far you progressed really shows in full size comparison.
No need to thumbnail your own art in your thread. ;)

I also had a few outside the Club.
Yes! Musn't forget the Firads! :D

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:56 pm

No need to thumbnail your own art in your thread. ;)
I know, but I wanted to see how that thumbnail thing went. I'll make it a normal size after posting this reply. As you wish! Image
Yes! Musn't forget the Firads! :D
I wouldn't even know how to! Image

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Dancing Heroes? That new O.O well to me it new, sure their been plenty or not, but still awesome :D

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Yep! *giggles* We also had a song.
"Burn baby burn.... disco inferno!"
You should have seen us going about in Paragon. We had so much fun! Bursting out in song and dance completely random, but always in sync Image. I wish we had more time playing with the Fireads. Image (well, I wish we had more time with City of Heroes in general)

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”