Enemy faction idea : A Grim Star Rising

JestersGhost

Re: Enemy faction idea : A Grim Star Rising

Postby JestersGhost » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Wow, nice imagery. Yeah, that would rock (pun intended) :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Novaterian

Postby Novaterian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm

When I hear the idea of Johnny Crow I see him as more of a Mesmer type character. Someone who basically takes over their minds using some sort of occultic black magic. So when you fight the boss battle against him then maybe his powers are more of debuffing type then necessarily offensive. In comes my other idea. He has to have a band so what if they are billed Johnny Crow and the Fallen Angels or something like that. And he has four band members that have different powers and kind of act as his horseman of the apocalypse. So you’d have a War guy who is a brawler in your face type guy. You’d have a Famine who is a controller style. A Conquest who is more like a necromancer using minions for attacking and Death who uses curses and maybe fears on attackers. The War could be the drummer aggressive and big. The bassist could be death. And then the guitarists could be twin sisters and they’d be famine and conquest. Just ideas but I think It would be cool to see.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

Acesahn

Postby Acesahn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:08 pm

When I hear the idea of Johnny Crow I see him as more of a Mesmer type character. Someone who basically takes over their minds using some sort of occultic black magic. So when you fight the boss battle against him then maybe his powers are more of debuffing type then necessarily offensive. In comes my other idea. He has to have a band so what if they are billed Johnny Crow and the Fallen Angels or something like that. And he has four band members that have different powers and kind of act as his horseman of the apocalypse. So you’d have a War guy who is a brawler in your face type guy. You’d have a Famine who is a controller style. A Conquest who is more like a necromancer using minions for attacking and Death who uses curses and maybe fears on attackers. The War could be the drummer aggressive and big. The bassist could be death. And then the guitarists could be twin sisters and they’d be famine and conquest. Just ideas but I think It would be cool to see.
Well the movement/cult/faction is named after Johny Crow's band - A Grim Star Rising, which is an ominous inside joke about the entity that reached out to JC and gave him his powers.

But yea, I imagine darkness powers would be debuff heavy, as well as survival/healing/draining health, at the cost of overall damage.

If I got to implement the faction into the game, I'd want the early missions to be poking around at the street riff raff who are mostly indoctrinated punks acting like a gang, with the ocassional Witchin with real dark powers among them. Johny and the band (And his Manager) would disavor any violence and your mission giver will grumble about knowing they're involved but being unable to prove it.

Later on as the levels of enemies go up, we could see some of the more terrifying members in higher lvl areas, so guys who are so numb to pain they can shrug off several fatal blows before finally going down, and even more powerful occultists until we see their terrifying end game of the 'Grim Star life' which is letting the dark powers consume everything about you and you become a ghoulish monster thing with spiritual tentacle powers lol.

So fighting Johny Crow himself would be an end of an arc thing and depending on how its handled would either force the Grim Stars to be officially labeled a criminal faction and the band moving to the underground or... he'd simply limp away leaving the heroes with a hallow victory like how Lex Luther or Kingpin can sometimes just buy their way out of being treated like they should be lol

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I like the idea of a King Pin or a Lex Luther that can get caught and buy their way out of jail, or escape. honestly you should have an in game feed / news that lets you know that your nemesis escaped.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”