Have any fun CoH Videos?

Solarverse

Have any fun CoH Videos?

Postby Solarverse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:43 pm

So I used to love to occasionally take my stalker in to PvP and just release a little chaos from time to time to those who dared enter PvP alone. Mind you, against teams of players, I only played hit and run tactics, just to see if I could pull one off by themselves and finish them off, but mostly, just loved to remind the loners why it is a good idea to PvP with friends or groups.

Now I was younger back then and a bit more aggressive than I am these days, so I am *almost* ashamed to say, yes...this was me in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_NClqZVal0

So, what do you guys and gals have that is entertaining that will give us back a few old memories from CoX? Submit your videos here...please. :)

Solarverse

Re: Have any fun CoH Videos?

Postby Solarverse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Something I posted back in 2007, it was somebody who had hacked the game and created a....monstrosity to say the least. Warning, visual appearance of nudity, however...considering, I don't think this really counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38qvpCdooE&t=

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 am

OMG What a monstrosity! :lol:

Sadly, I didn't record any videos of my time playing CoH. To be honest, I didn't know I could!

The only videos I recorded was just before they pulled the plug. The place was already deserted and I just did some flyby's of the key areas. Not really needed now since the Titan Network has revived the maps (Paragon Chat)...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

OMG What a monstrosity! :lol:

Sadly, I didn't record any videos of my time playing CoH. To be honest, I didn't know I could!

The only videos I recorded was just before they pulled the plug. The place was already deserted and I just did some flyby's of the key areas. Not really needed now since the Titan Network has revived the maps (Paragon Chat)...
Yeah, when I created Frost Crypt (He eventually became a level 50 Ice/Ice Tank, that one was deleted and remade as an Ice/Ice instead of an Ice/Stone) I ran up to level and seen this...thing, standing around making a scene for everyone to see. He never said a word, just pranced around looking all strange, lol. He obviously had hacked the game somehow, but he didn't seem to be trying to do anything vicious...just out to have fun and give people something to talk about, lol.

That was actually (believe it or not) was the second strangest thing ever to happen to me in CoH.

The first strangest thing that had ever happened to me, was being banned from CoH, because I was doing what I was told to do by one of the actual game developers, Matt Miller.

Remember when they came out with a new patch that increased the max number of players you could ignore? If you recall, within 2 days of that, they came out with a hot fix for that patch. They never told anyone why. Well, I can tell you why, because I was the one who discovered the bug and was sworn to secrecy until the bug could be patched.

I had a habit of ignoring players who begged for power levels. So like you can imagine, my ignore list stayed full. After the patch, it only took me one day to fill the max number of ignores. Once I reached that max number, any time I ignored a player, it crashed the server. Everyone on the server lost connection. I tested it a few times, just in case it was coincidence, but sure enough, it crashed the server every single time. I reported this straight to Matt Miller, because I didn't want a GM to think I was doing it on purpose or hacked the game...Matt Miller logged in game and asked me to reproduce the bug.

Before I crashed the server again, I asked the players to not get too involved with anything, because I was going to reproduce a bug that would crash the server. Bad mistake. Once I crashed the server twice for Matt Miller, those players reported me for hacking.

My account was frozen. I was unable to enter the game in any way. I had to email Matt Miller and wait for two days to get a response. Once he had realized that the GM had banned me permanently, Matt Miller lifted the ban, apologized, and offered me the rare bug finder badge. I wanted to smack that GM for not investigating before banning me like that. It was a VERY good thing I went to Matt Miller about it instead of a GM.

Next thing I know, a hot fix was added and I was back to ignoring players begging for Power Levels as usual, lol.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am

So, what do you guys and gals have that is entertaining that will give us back a few old memories from CoX? Submit your videos here...please. :)
This round of new game releases will undoubtedly have a boat load of every one recording sense the tek. is better and easier... ill look for you posts of your additions from SOH.

Solarverse do you know that the environment and peep enter action is still going on in PC ( Paragon Chat ) . Flying around Atlas and the old placed are a grate way to lesson that addiction for COH ... check it out.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:09 pm

This round of new game releases will undoubtedly have a boat load of every one recording sense the tek. is better and easier... ill look for you posts of your additions from SOH.

Solarverse do you know that the environment and peep enter action is still going on in PC ( Paragon Chat ) . Flying around Atlas and the old placed are a grate way to lesson that addiction for COH ... check it out.
I am actually on there from time to time collecting badges. :)

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Just recorded a video of my latest run down the bobsleigh track - http://www.lunawisp.com/2017/11/a-run-d ... leigh.html. Not as much fun as yours but nice to know that we can still do this. Still struggling to get that perfect run though.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 pm

I don't have any, but my favourite back when the game was running was someone who made an anti-stalker stalker - every perception power they could to see through other stalkers' stealth, and would then kill them in warburg when they were camping the nuclear missile mission points.

The best bit? The video was set to Denis Leary's classic song... "***hole" (with every assassin strike impact timed to the chorus) :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't have any, but my favourite back when the game was running was someone who made an anti-stalker stalker - every perception power they could to see through other stalkers' stealth, and would then kill them in warburg when they were camping the nuclear missile mission points.

The best bit? The video was set to Denis Leary's classic song... "***hole" (with every assassin strike impact timed to the chorus) :P
Ah man! That was a great video! I remember watching that a few years back. I wish I could find it, I just spent about the last 15 minutes trying to find it and I'm having zero luck. That would have been a great video to add to this thread. Yeah, he killed nothing but Stalkers, was really great watching his stuff.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Ah man! That was a great video! I remember watching that a few years back. I wish I could find it, I just spent about the last 15 minutes trying to find it and I'm having zero luck. That would have been a great video to add to this thread. Yeah, he killed nothing but Stalkers, was really great watching his stuff.
The last time I found it it had had (wow...gotta love English. That is grammatical, I promise) the music taken off ('cos copyright), so it was completely silent, and that was many years ago. I can't imagine it stayed online for long after that sadly.

The most amusing thing was he commented that he'd get complaints that, "it wasn't fair being able to one shot me like that", and that he was cheating because they couldn't see him...from stalkers. Yeah. Go figure :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Just recorded a video of my latest run down the bobsleigh track - http://www.lunawisp.com/2017/11/a-run-d ... leigh.html. Not as much fun as yours but nice to know that we can still do this. Still struggling to get that perfect run though.
Super Jump is the key!

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:24 pm

The last time I found it it had had (wow...gotta love English. That is grammatical, I promise) the music taken off ('cos copyright), so it was completely silent, and that was many years ago. I can't imagine it stayed online for long after that sadly.

The most amusing thing was he commented that he'd get complaints that, "it wasn't fair being able to one shot me like that", and that he was cheating because they couldn't see him...from stalkers. Yeah. Go figure :P
They don't have much right to complain, lol

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am

Super Jump is the key!
Ah, thanks. I'll give that a go next time I'm online :)

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:42 am

Super Jump is the key!
Correction: Super Jump + Super Speed. :) You were already using Super Speed, so I didn't think to add that in, lol.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 am

Super Jump is the key!
Correction: Super Jump + Super Speed. :) You were already using Super Speed, so I didn't think to add that in, lol.
Wow lol
That made it almost ridiculously easy. First time I shot off into space because I was used to just SS. Once I got used to not having to turn early, I got down to 47 seconds. Could probably do better than that with practice but got the Speeder badge now... thanks for the tip :)

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”