Saving Costume Files

Consultant

Saving Costume Files

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:59 am

We're providing another feature that I think ought to make the RP community happy.

In the CCT, you'll be able to save your character files. "So what?" you ask?

Well, what this means is that if you have a supergroup or guild and you want to roleplay a team activity, your leader could create a costume for his character to wear and then share it with the whole group.

While we just have one costume per character now, we plan to expand this and to allow each character to have several costumes, in the future.

This means that all of the supergroup or RP teammates could be wearing identical costumes for their RP events. Of course, someone would need to make three versions, for the male, the big guy and the female. Still that is quite possible. It would in effect be like dressing up for a wedding, or football game.

One element of this is that each costume will morph, or fit its character. The costume for the 7-foot tall big guy will fit him precisely as if it just came from the super-tailor. But the same costume will fit the 5-foot tall female, and the really thin male, and everyone else on the team. The whole, widely varied team will be clearly identifiable a group, visually.

I bet the RP community can make this work for them. :)

Odee

Re: Saving Costume Files

Postby Odee » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 am

We're providing another feature that I think ought to make the RP community happy.

In the CCT, you'll be able to save your character files. "So what?" you ask?

Well, what this means is that if you have a supergroup or guild and you want to roleplay a team activity, your leader could create a costume for his character to wear and then share it with the whole group.

While we just have one costume per character now, we plan to expand this and to allow each character to have several costumes, in the future.

This means that all of the supergroup or RP teammates could be wearing identical costumes for their RP events. Of course, someone would need to make three versions, for the male, the big guy and the female. Still that is quite possible. It would in effect be like dressing up for a wedding, or football game.

One element of this is that each costume will morph, or fit to it's character. The costume for the 7-foot tall big guy will fit him precisely, as if it just came from the super-taylor. But the same costume will fit the 5-foot tall female, and the really thin male, and everyone else on the team. The whole, widely varied team will be clearly identifiable a group, visually.

I bet the RP community can make this work for them. :)
Would it be possible to have, or make the costume available in the Super Group tab, similar to what most current MMO's have as just the Guild/Group colors?

Member opens SG tab, and sees Enter SG Mode button. The button opens another selection screen, displaying SG colors by costume body part, and the costume itself, by body type.

Also, are Costume Change Animations planned for further down the road, or on release? Different change emotes could be added to the CCA, as the game grows.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Re: Saving Costume Files

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:01 am

Making the SG costume available for download somehow is a good idea. On the SG tab might work, but we'll have to see if our coders have other ideas for whatever reason.

It's funny, but we always wanted to have this feature. I think maybe only older games have it, but it just seems so obvious.

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”