Need help from the RP Community

Gerald_Deemer

Need help from the RP Community

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:33 am

As the most roleplayers I do some brainstorming while the game is still in development. So I don`t have to come up with something when SOH launches. ;)

So I created a backstory for a charcter and will now need your suggestions:

If there would be another FHS besides the Justice and all the other ships, a FHS that got lost, or forgotten or both.
What would be the name of this ship?

Maybe I´m going to start a RP SG where all members are originally from this lost ship.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. :)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

GladDog

Re: Need help from the RP Community

Postby GladDog » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:38 am

There are supposed to be several Heroships flying around, at least a dozen. If we run into one, it will likely have the name of one of the CoH servers, possibly Virtue or Champion.

Golden Ace came up with an idea for when villains release about another ship called the Defiant. This ship would be run by villains. and would be the location of the villain players. Part of the lore that he and I suggested was to have a representative from earth board the Justice and direct it to chase the Defiant. Eventually both ships settle in orbit around a meteor that ends up being an ancient alien ship. The two ships fight over the amazing tech, with a PvP zone at the center. During the war over the meteor both sides manage to plant a teleportation device on each other's ships, as well as getting teleport access to the meteor. So each ship and the meteor have PvP zones for those so inclined.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 pm

GD, I really like you and GA's idea about the alien ship. I was thinking the alien ship might be drifting in some kind of void or nebula instead of being in or disguised as a meteor.

On the subject of the name of the lost/forgotten ship:
* FHS Voyager
* FHS Colonial
* FHS Galaxy
I was trying to think of something far reaching, separate, but still inclusive. Then I thought maybe it's a lost Hero cruise ship. No more entertainment for you! :D
(aka GregoryKC66)
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:01 am

Thank you for your interesting answers. 8-)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:02 pm

GD, I really like you and GA's idea about the alien ship. I was thinking the alien ship might be drifting in some kind of void or nebula instead of being in or disguised as a meteor.
Actually our idea was not that the alien ship was disguised as a meteor, but that it was so old it had started to LOOK like a meteor from all of the dust and meteoric residue that was clinging to the exterior. The inside, though, has a plethora of robotic janitors, engineers and security bots taking care of the place. Deep inside (not in the PvP area though) is a repository for a few thousand crew members in suspended animation. It turns out the ship is quite ancient, and had traveled to the Milky Way from the Large Magellanic Cloud. During its journey the FTL drive failed, and it has been adrift for thousands of years. Its original target was Earth, where they thought they could plant a colony. This would make an interesting high level mission series, to stop the Magellites (or whatever they get called) from getting a foothold in the area of the galaxy near Earth. This would be a good mission series where heroes and villains team up - neither side wants to see the earth taken over in an alien invasion!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 pm

A ship of the Builders, the ancient unknown species that created all the great wonders of the galaxy millions of years ago has been discovered. Finally after all these centuries technology of the Builders has been found! The ability to terraform moons, nebula, create stars, or destroy them can be had. All we have to do is take control of that ship...
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

olepi

Postby olepi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 am

The alien ship could actually be a wandering planet or asteroid, hollowed out. That way you could even have some planetary surface PvP zones on the alien "ship".

This idea is common in science fiction.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:59 am

I'll just mention this for the RP community, but it seems to me that being able to change your character's expression using an emote will be a positive for RP.

I could be behind on this topic. I just realized last night that our lead coder had set this up and was making it happen. But it does sound like fun. We're looking at some chat options too, to help RP.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

I'll just mention this for the RP community, but it seems to me that being able to change your character's expression using an emote will be a positive for RP.

I could be behind on this topic. I just realized last night that our lead coder had set this up and was making it happen. But it does sound like fun. We're looking at some chat options too, to help RP.
Finally some love for the RP faction. Sounds very interesting.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 am

Well, let's ask. What do RP'ers want?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Wink, smile, frown, angry, happy, bored.

wink should only last a second. everything else should be until you change it.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Wink, smile, frown, angry, happy, bored.

wink should only last a second. everything else should be until you change it.
Me thinks a Smile, and a Frown should be seconds too. Add ING to the end for continuous Frowning, and Smiling maybe?

Don't you give me that look, Devs! Just remove the timer from Non-ING emotes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 pm

but I want to smile all the time. unless I want to glare at someone...

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 am

As you see it in your head, what's the difference between happy, and smiling?

How does angry look different from frowning?

Please be specific. :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am

That’s the happy is default for me how do I explain it. Smile showing teeth. I don’t know pretend you’re watching funny cat videos.

Frown and angry there’s definitely a difference. A Frown is just a frown but angry that’s with the eyes as well where you glare - like when you spent a week putting a report together working off the secure drive then you were called at three in the morning to come in to redo the report by 9 am Because your boss deleted the entire directory it was by accident, and you weren’t able to get coffee prior to coming in and there is nothing open that early where you work. That’s angry.

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”