Possible PVP/PVE Raid Idea

Novaterian

Possible PVP/PVE Raid Idea

Postby Novaterian » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:45 am

So something that I've never seen in an mmo (doesn't mean it hasn't been done, i just haven't seen it.) is a competitive raid. My idea is to basically have two raids in one that end in a pvp fight. So two separate groups will start in different areas and will fight their way through npcs in different parts of a dungeon or what have you. When they reach the end there could be a large corridor where it turns into a pvp fight. This idea i feel would probably work better for heroes vs villains but could be used for something like this too. Now i know there is a lot more problems it could have, like what if one team made it to the corridor first would they have to wait or could you make it to where they automatically win. What if people die along the way, can they re spawn and catch back up to the group to fight against other people. Maybe it could be a king of the hill type battle for better loot. And another idea i thought of is what if a rare occurrence happened where either a big bad boss appeared or maybe even a team of villains that essentially turns it into a 16 man raid in order to take them down for a chance at even rarer loot for the winners.

I just want to try to see if we can come up with more original ideas to help make Ship of Heroes a more fresh and reinvigorating take on mmos. So if you guys have any ideas or suggestions to what you think would be a cool new idea, whether it be PVP or PVE, I would like to hear your ideas.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

GladDog

Re: Possible PVP/PVE Raid Idea

Postby GladDog » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 pm

PvP won't be in the game until 2021 at the earliest.

I could see something like this though, once PvP is added to the game. ESO has something similar in the sewers. Once somebody starts the raid, any of the factions can finish it. And each phase of the raid is a tiny bit of reward or a whole lot of reward. Finishing the raid gets you by far the biggest reward.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:54 am

I must say, I kind of like that idea though of course the questions which have been pointed out have to be answered it is an interesting concept :)
I would just add that it has to be a clear situation, that people have to be absolutely clear what this is.

Besides that a few ideas:

- it also could work without PvP like two groups or SGs start and who arrives first or has the lowest rate of losses or best health-situation at the end (when both did not lose anybody) wins; that would be lika a friendly competition :)
- the question about what happens when one team arrives first and the other one is still on its way I could imagine, that the first team reaching the last room can teleport the other one whenever it wants into it and so having the advantage of getting to rest before doing so for example and they also could get a bonus, which gives them an edge in the following fight (to motivate being the first one) and being able to keep it and of course they would have gained more xp out of the dungeon than the other team since they got through unlike the others.
- About the dying I would say, they would indeed have to walk from the beginning of the map back to the group, therefore costing the team time (which has consequences referring the last part)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 am

Destiny 2 actually has a new game mode like this - two teams fight through AI enemies collecting energy from them you can use to summon bosses into the rival teams area to slow them down. You also get the option to send one person from your team across to harass your opponents too.

Apart from the last bit, it doesn't even need PvP to work - it's basically just a race where you unlock ways to interfere indirectly with your opponents. If you're curious, there's a decent gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRx7ShHk_A
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:42 am

Destiny 2 actually has a new game mode like this - two teams fight through AI enemies collecting energy from them you can use to summon bosses into the rival teams area to slow them down. You also get the option to send one person from your team across to harass your opponents too.

Apart from the last bit, it doesn't even need PvP to work - it's basically just a race where you unlock ways to interfere indirectly with your opponents. If you're curious, there's a decent gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRx7ShHk_A
meaning I have to check out my Destiny 2 account again ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 pm

If I recall correctly, in CoH, our bases could be raided by Rogues, or Villains, if they found the location. 💯x👍🤗
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 pm

If I recall correctly, in CoH, our bases could be raided by Rogues, or Villains, if they found the location. 💯x👍🤗
you had to enable the pvp function on the base.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am

you had to enable the pvp function on the base.
I rest my case, sir. Pleeze & thanxz 💯x👍🤗🤠🤘
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

marilynchaisson

Postby marilynchaisson » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm

The ideas you have got and shared with us here are really cool, I like each of them! Thank you for pointing out the issue.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 pm

welcome to the ship marilynchaisson.

Glad you found us.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”