New Enemy faction idea, the technocrats[name pending]

redeyedangel

New Enemy faction idea, the technocrats[name pending]

Postby redeyedangel » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:35 pm

The Tecnocrats would be an enemy faction, fanatically opposed to any sort of biologic or mystical super powers,
they believe that people with those abilities are unnatural and a blight on the world, so to speak.
They believe that any superhuman abilities should be achieved only by technology and scientific advancements.

They call people who have these abilities through non-scientific means "the superannuated"

The faction only uses tech abilities (obviously) and i would imagine them to be a sort of guerrilla military group with large weaponry and grenade-type projectiles, they would have their faces entirely covered and be clad in mostly white with hints of silver on arm guards and weapons, they would also have a symbol of some sort on their chests in a bright red color.

Their main goal is to remake society by wiping out all traces of super powered beings that aren't made by technology, all traces even includes villains, so the faction would intertwine with both the hero and villain quests at points.

Eulb

Re: New Enemy faction idea, the technocrats[name pending]

Postby Eulb » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:49 am

sounds reasonable ... would the robots fulfill this tech-no requirement for you ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

redeyedangel

Postby redeyedangel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:36 am

sounds reasonable ... would the robots fulfill this tech-no requirement for you ?
yeah i feel they could
they'd probably be like the grunts though, isn't there a gadget class though, because that's more what i was thinking when i wrote it

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:03 am

This type of group could be the token, highly annoying type with suppression field technology... :)

redeyedangel

Postby redeyedangel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Field suppression makes sense for them actually, especially if it disabled a power slot temporarily or something

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 am

the optic reminds me a bit of crusaders
which going with the thought kind of makes sense too
maybe the Elite of it could be called Inquisition ;)?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Novaterian

Postby Novaterian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:33 pm

When I hear the word Technocrats I think of the British hierarchy. So since it takes place on a ship what if it had a similar rank system as the British navy. The top dog could be the Admiral and then vice admiral, commodore and so forth. And also I think they’d work better as not villains but a group that wants best for normal civilians on the ship and they kind of look at powered heroes in a sort of disgust similar to the mutants in X-men. So maybe on certain areas where they have military styled based heroes aren’t necessarily welcomed unless you have some sort of technological background. Maybe their is even a secret evil sect hidden amongst there ranks that have a sort of techno magical background. A power similar to magneto that is inanimate based being able to construct different weapons, shielding , etc with there mind from metal around them. Call them Mechromancers.They could have some super evil scheme to take over the ship and the military ends up needing help from heroes and from there you can build a relationship with them. So the technocratic army could be used as villains at lower levels and at higher levels as the story arc continues they would be seen as allies more so.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

ronaldCibly

New Enemy faction idea the technocratsname pending

Postby ronaldCibly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am

That sounds like a great idea but how many would we have to collect or would it be the same 800 like the shards

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”