What is your character's backstory?

Golden Ace

Re: What is your character's backstory?

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello and welcome aboard Golden Ace! I agree, I really enjoy reading the back stories, thank you for posting yours. I am looking forward to battling with you in the future. :D
Thanks Penniguin. glad to be here. and it will be in the future... 400 plus years... hmm... now that I think about it, it looks like Ace was able to change the course of history. will have to tweak it a bit showing him stopping the first invasion and going back to his normal time, but a time that has drastically changed from his devastated earth to what we have in SoH.

Your welcome. :lol:
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:42 pm

still too long. but going to be a work in progress until the game.

Miles Church was raised in the Enclave, Humanities last foothold on a devastated Earth. On November 30, 2012 the earth was attacked and for most of humanity the world ended. For the next few hundred years the rest of humanity was hunted down for sport, until two small hidden communities working together discovered how to merge Quantum Science and High Level Magic. The first application of “MysTec” allowed them to produce a completely impenetrable 92 mile diameter sphere around their location. The Enclave was born. Everyone within the Enclave was safe for the first time in 200 years. Over the next several hundred years humanity within the Enclave multiplied and perfected Weapons and armor using the new technology. Shortly after Miles was born Humanity launched an all-out attack to retake the earth. When Miles came of age he joined the attacking forces and donned Golden MysTec armor.

Miles quickly went up the ranks, making Captain, and earning the tile “Ace” after his 100th aerial kill. In 2487 Miles participated in the attack on the last alien stronghold. The stronghold was taken only to discover that the aliens had opened a time portal to the distant past, and sent a message through telling their attacking forces to nuke the site of the Enclave and the surrounding area on their first attack. Miles flew through the closing portal hoping to stop the message from being sent. The portal closed behind him and Miles discovered he was too late. The message had already been sent. Miles soon learned that he had traveled to 2004 and had just over 8 years to prepare the earth for the coming attack. Working with heroes and villains of that time as the Hero “Golden Ace” Miles was able change history, and when the attack finally came Heroes and Villains joined together and humanity won. Wishing to see the results of this change Miles had his armor place him in suspended animation until his own time, the year 2487.

Miles awoke on a pedestal standing in the middle of a park with a plaque at his feet saying “Statue of an unknown hero from the 2012 alien attack.”

For the first time in over 469 years Miles spoke his first words. “Damn Pigeons” and “What? Unknown???”
Last edited by Golden Ace on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tymothymichel

Postby tymothymichel » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:26 pm

That was too cool....pigeons......

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 pm

That was too cool....pigeons......
Thank you, You have to have a little comedy. :D

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat May 12, 2018 8:58 am

I moved mine, it's no longer an ebook - it's now a story/game file written in ChoiceScript and hosted on dashingdon.com - https://dashingdon.com/go/2687
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

mereman

Postby mereman » Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am

I didn't do many back stories, but one I do remember was for Jake Blackguard who was from the middle ages and fell into a wormhole in time.
I had fun asking other players what was television and what are computers :lol:
Still in mourning for CoH

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Lunawisp grate story on the web with engine room acedent
I moved mine, it's no longer an ebook - it's now a story/game file written in ChoiceScript and hosted on dashingdon.com - https://dashingdon.com/go/2687
grate story i did not finish it all the way ... ill work on it ... like the choose your path
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon May 14, 2018 2:09 am

Lunawisp grate story on the web with engine room acedent
grate story i did not finish it all the way ... ill work on it ... like the choose your path
Thank ye kindly ;)

I wrote it just to try out ChoiceScript actually. I'm using it for a more ambitious story. I think it makes things more interesting when you can direct the 'direction' the lead character takes to some degree.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Vindicator

Postby Vindicator » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 am

I would love to get involved in this, however, with the character I have in mind, I need to know what powers are going to be available. This character will be the one I got attached to in Pallidium's Heroe's Unlimited RPG. His main powers are not necessarily easily translatable to a digital game. Maybe they will have powers that will work out even if it's not what he is supposed to have. The hint of being able to throw together a variety of abilities to make a unique character is promising. I'm just hoping I wasn't misunderstanding what was being meant by that.

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm

I would love to get involved in this, however, with the character I have in mind, I need to know what powers are going to be available. This character will be the one I got attached to in Pallidium's Heroe's Unlimited RPG. His main powers are not necessarily easily translatable to a digital game. Maybe they will have powers that will work out even if it's not what he is supposed to have. The hint of being able to throw together a variety of abilities to make a unique character is promising. I'm just hoping I wasn't misunderstanding what was being meant by that.
I love Heroes Unlimited!

Asorb-O

Postby Asorb-O » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm

So my name is Donye´ Geary, and I was tested on by aliens, they would mess with my atoms and flesh with rays of enery. I was so terrified by these test and experiments they still haunt me. But one day I was resting and some sirens went of and lasers shots where flying in the hallway. That's when a alien women ran in and saved me, when we where escaping one of the power cores went BOOM and it wasn't any power core, it was a nova core, a star powered battery. I felt the warm solor energy corce in my veins and tissue.

Later after returning home, like 2 weeks I start to learn what the aliens did to me, like a human sponge I absorb blows from knieck energy and
Solor energy like lasers or sun radiation and transfer it back at what every I want. The nova's energy is still me, I use this energy for laser blast.
With these new powers I protect earth from aliens like the ones I meet 3 weeks ago

RedBombardier

Postby RedBombardier » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm

I have an incomplete draft from ages ago. It doesn't flow that smoothly tbh, but I think it represents my character well enough.

-

Your eyes deceive you not, child... 'Tis I, the ever-bombastic and always eloquent Red Bombardier! And I am quite simply vexed, exasperated and consumed by indignation... Do you truly know nothing of my origins? Pray, take heed of my words like you have never taken before, lest my good judgment fail me and I once again lapse back into my wicked ways.

Before we delve into the woes and throes of my earliest years, you must understand that the impossibly dashing crimson paladin before you was not always a lapdog. I speak only the truth when I say that I am wholly and thoroughly unrepentant of my past - dare I say it - achievements. Alas, I was caught, and under the threat of asteroid keelhauling, yours truly was forced to give his word that no future evil hellbent on consuming this barely spaceworthy wreck would ever have me as its accomplice. As if I'd ever, willingly, serve another... But I digress, and greatly so.

Like many other vat-born, this fleshy vessel that I call mine was only infused with personality after a patron took a liking to the awe-inspiring powers that came with this beyond Olympian physique. My selection was only natural, as very few can boast to be me, only I and a growing array of clones and androids... But it matters very little, if at all, for I am the inimitable Red Bombardier, and I was the very best of an otherwise mundane batch of cannon fodder! And that is not to say that I ever was cannon fodder, nothing of the like, I am and forever will be the cannon whose fodder is... other people... Yes.

Enough asinine remarks on your part, allow me to skip forward a rather uneventful decade or so of serving as an overqualified voidfarer, as very little was learned on my part during that puerile stretch of time. While a lesser man would have given up under similar circumstances, I was in nothing fazed when my services were spurned under the pretense that mine was a most barbaric disposition... Poppycock! But I was indeed stranded in parts unknown, with very little to my name and a primal need to wreak havoc.

My first outings as the Red Bombardier were humble affairs, more similar to experiments than the glorious bastardy I would carry out later in my career. Still, you must excuse me from looking back with such saudade, those were simpler times. Once again, I find myself getting off track... Bah! Methinks you care very little about my first steps into villainy, my Golden Age that interests you the most, is it not? Typical.

What is there to say that cannot be read in my autobiographical epic, "1000 Reasons Why I am the Bomb"? Sanitized as they were by the censors, my tirades on the Great Shutdown, the Quark Purge, and Shrikefall's death remain largely untouched in their shared core message. I am not a man that should be trifled with, so inquire any further after the reason behind my shift in allegiance and you will become very well acquainted with the cold vastness of space. Also, buy my book.
Last edited by RedBombardier on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 am

I have an incomplete draft from ages ago. It doesn't flow that smoothly tbh, but I think it represents my character well enough.
A very characterful piece :)

I do see what you mean on the flow, but to a degree that also suits the character, so I don't see it as a huge issue. Just to be pedantic, well, and to help anyone else because it's a subtlety that many struggle with: 'Tis

The apostrophe goes were the letters were removed from. So "It is" has the "I" removed, becoming "tis", so the apostrophe goes at the start in its place. Hope that helps, and thanks for sharing your story :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

RedBombardier

Postby RedBombardier » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Well gee willikers, that's some pretty high praise! I'll have your advice in mind next time I write, thanks for the reading :)

OssumPawesome

Postby OssumPawesome » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:10 am

Birth name: Thomas Drayen
Codename: Iron Hound

A young man stood outside the Yekus recruiting office, trying to work up the nerve to go in. He knew their reputation, but he felt it was the best way off this planet. He heard they'd take anyone, and he had grown bored of the settlement. Life wasn't bad, per say, it was just...routine. Dull. Thomas Drayen collected his nerve and prepared to walk in the door.
"Oh, I don't think you wanna do that, son." The voice startled him. It belonged to an old, well-dressed geezer leaning on a cane.
"What? Why not?" Thomas cursed himself for not thinking of a wittier reply.
"Well," the old man took a deep breath imperiously, as if he explained this many times before,"these boys are scum."
"Hey hey hey!" Thomas looked around nervously. The old man burst out laughing.
"There! That's my point! You want to be a Yeku man, but you're terrified of them? Hahahaha!"
"First of all," Thomas snapped ,"it's none of your damn business what I do. Besides, how else am I going to get off this planet?"
"Oh, I see. Join the mercenaries, travel the galaxy, meet interesting people...and willing to shoot them? Hmmm..." The old man was done laughing, and was now staring pensively at Thomas. The young man shifted, his weight. It felt like the old man was looking into his soul. "Fine! You're not one of those toughs with more stones than smarts who went in anyway. I can get you on a hero ship."
"Bull..." Thomas wasn't sure what made him trail off. Could this old guy really make that happen?
"But! It will be hard. It will take months to prepare you, at the very least. You can't get on a hero ship and not have any life skills. It's a meritocracy, a real one. And it'll eat you alive if you're not ready."
"I can handle it." Thomas said confidently.
"Oh, I'm sure..." The old man muttered, beckoning Thomas to follow. "If you can last through my training without running home crying, maybe you will..."

What followed was the hardest eight months of Thomas' life. The old man trained him in nearly everything; physical conditioning, unconventional warfare, firearms, squad tactics, history of hero ships, hand-to-hand combat, technology. But most importantly the supers themselves. He was quizzed relentlessly, and when his brain could rest his body was working. He learned to make do with less than five hours of sleep a night. Finally, one morning the old man didn't quiz him or yell at him. "Good work, sonny. You learned the basics."
"Those were the basics?!"
"Yep." The old man beamed. "That's all you need to start. If I teach you anything fancy, you'll just screw it up and do it your own way anyway. You should learn your own style."
"That makes sense." Thomas mused. "But I still don't feel ready. What do I do if some huge bruiser with super strength and invulnerability wants to squash me? I could probably handle anything else, but..." The old man started laughing.
"Great question! With these!" The old man drew a box out of his pocket.
"Kind of big for a ring box, don't you think old man? And no, I won't marry you." Thomas said dryly.
"Hahahaha! I'm out of your league, kid!" He opened the box. Inside were a collection of spherical, black balls the size of grapes. "These are implants. The surgery is invasive, but they'll solve the problem."
"So they'll give me super strength?"
"No. Watch." The old man struck a ball on the table. It glowed red for an instant. "Now, come over here." The unsuspecting youth stood in front of the old man. The old man tapped the ball against Thomas' chest. The young man felt like he was hit by a truck and was sent flying backwards, nearly blowing out the wall. "These redirect kinetic energy. They'll cushion you from blowa and let you hit harder. You won't be invulnerable, but you'll avoid getting splattered or shot up provided you're careful."
"Noted." Thomas said painfully as he got up. "I'll take them. But what are you doing with them?"
"I was on hero ship before I came here to retire." The elder sighed a little wistfully.
"So you were a hero?" Thomas asked.
"Not me, no." The old man smirked.
"A villain? Really?" Thomas was a little worried now.
"No no, of course not." The old man still smirked. "I found being a little bit of both was more rewarding."
"A mercenary then. Passing on your skills to the next generation of freelancers?" Thomas was smiling a bit too.
"It's your choice, kid. Heroes get the good rep, villains get the good lines." The two were now grinning ear to ear.
"And what does being both get you, old man?"
"Nothing much. Just money." The two men began to laugh.

It's not hugely in depth, but I wasn't sure about tech levels in the settlements and other details. I always liked the "not quite a hero, but not really a villain"-style characters and when I read this game had that option I came up with this guy almost on the spot. Not sure what powers I'll give him, but that makes life fun, right?

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”